The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I can’t wait to find out that the reason the robots are becoming self-aware is because they’re possessed by ghosts from another dimension that were pulled into this world by an Aztec priest through a psychic link with a cursed video game disc to help fight his war against the demons and the Space AI.

My money is on time traveling Nazi priests.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I am assuming Beyond Two Souls here - I suggest playing the game again and pay attention next time.
I can’t wait to find out that the reason the robots are becoming self-aware is because they’re possessed by ghosts (Beyond) from another dimension (Omicron) that were pulled into this world by an Aztec priest (Indigo Prophecy) through a psychic link (Heavy Rain—although that plot twist was cut, to be fair) with a cursed video game disc (Omicron) to help fight his war against the demons (Omicron) and the Space AI (Indigo Prophecy).

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Gotchya. Because Ghosts, Alternate Dimension (Infraworld) Aztecs (Native Americans) Psychic Link (Aiden) were all in Beyond Two Souls as well.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Horizon Zero Dawn
Bloodborne
Until Dawn

But with that said, some remasters since you didn't have the PS3.

God of War 3 Remastered is a must since you didn't play it on PS3.
Uncharted Lost Legacy (I still need to play this)

I have to second Bloodborne. One of my all time favorite games and the only one ive platinumed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
So getting my PS4 Pro on the 14th and looking for some games to grab. I haven't owned a console since the PS2. I chose PS since most Xbox stuff I want to play usually has a PC port.

So far I know I want to grab The Last of Us and the Uncharted stuff. As well as the newest Madden. If there were say 3 games that I should get, what would they be?

Other absolutely must haves in my book besides the ones you mentioned.

ARPG
Horizon - Zero Dawn

Dark Souls like games

Bloodborne

JRPG

Persona 5

If the list was 4 games, I'd add Nioh under Dark Souls like games.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Add Nier:Automata to the list if you don't have it on PC already. Pretty trippy action rpg game with platinum games combat and I'll third or quad Bloodborne. Bought the PS4 for that alone and only had that for the first year and still wouldn't regret it even with all the above now in my collection.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
PS+ is $39.99 on gamestop.com and in store, i would not pay with a credit card online - gamestop.com got hacked in the past and CC data stolen. You can use trade credit cards (online or in store) if you trade your games into them.

You get the code after about an hour or so, I bought two and extended my PS+ to 2021. I doubt you'll see a better deal on black friday
https://www.gamestop.com/console-subscriptions/playstation-plus-1-year-membership/84626

Also Dell black friday ad has leaked, nothing crazy mostly xbox stuff interestingly
DNi7-kXVAAA3DLM.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
November PS+:

PS4: Worms Batlegrounds, Bound, Until Dawn Rush of Blood (PSVR)
PS3: R-Type Dimensions, Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic, Dungeon Punks
Vita: Dungeon Punks, Broken Sword 5

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess for Black Friday Nintendo is putting f a Zelda 2ds with ocarina of Time for $70. I've never owned a ds but figured at that price that isn't bad.

Is the 2ds shitty? The flat look doesn't appeal to me too much but mostly interested in games I missed out on.

Are there a lot of games it cant play? Think I read it can't play Xenoblade. Anything major it can't play?

Worth it at $70?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I guess for Black Friday Nintendo is putting f a Zelda 2ds with ocarina of Time for $70. I've never owned a ds but figured at that price that isn't bad.

Is the 2ds shitty? The flat look doesn't appeal to me too much but mostly interested in games I missed out on.

Are there a lot of games it cant play? Think I read it can't play Xenoblade. Anything major it can't play?

Worth it at $70?

Yeah I would say so. There are a lot of good games, but also depends on the games you like to play. Most of the games I liked were games like Ace Attorney, Shin Series, Fire Emblem, A few Mario games, and Zeldas. Some of the Zero Escape games were good, and extensive VC library for NES on the go. Yeah no Xenoblade, and that game was pretty damn good. So you may want to get an emulator for that one and upscale it in CEMU on your PC. It would be worth the hassle. Luigi's Mansion, Bravely Default, etc.

At 70 bucks, and depending how many games you would want to play on the go or at home on a small screen, it's pretty much a no brainer. I do wish however there was a way to play those games on a large screen. The 3DS/2DS line has some great games on there.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
November PS+:

PS4: Worms Batlegrounds, Bound, Until Dawn Rush of Blood (PSVR)
PS3: R-Type Dimensions, Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic, Dungeon Punks
Vita: Dungeon Punks, Broken Sword 5

Can play Bound in VR too and it was excellent that way. Rush of Blood is an awesome experience, it's like being at a theme park but better. Definitely a highlight of the PSVR. Kind of mad I own all these games lol.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
2DS is really shitty. Personally I'm watching for a 2DS XL deal on Black Friday. You get the New 3DS features (better CPU, c stick, second set of L/R buttons, etc.), the clamshell case, amiibo support, and much better screens. The 3D itself is a worthless, battery-draining gimmick so nothing of value is lost there imo.

Only caveat of buying a 2DS XL is that if you want to jailbreak it you need to already own an older 3DS that has been hacked. They have new-ish firmware right out of the box and the only way to do it is with a system transfer.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I should state that I own a 3DS XL and not a 2DS. I was more talking about the games.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Noodle have you tried these hand helds out yet?

I got the 3ds for many of the RPG game mentioned here, Dragon warrior, bravery, Zelda etc....

My problem is the why the device is configured., my hands start to ache after holding it for 20-30 min and i just can not get into any of the games.

I can knock out an 8 hours ps4 session no prob, but 30 min with a 3ds beat me.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can see that being a valid complaint for something like Monster Hunter (no idea how people play that shit on a handheld with or without C stick or Circle Pad Pro) but for the plain old JRPGs the system is known for I've never had a problem at all.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Noodle have you tried these hand helds out yet?

I got the 3ds for many of the RPG game mentioned here, Dragon warrior, bravery, Zelda etc....

My problem is the why the device is configured., my hands start to ache after holding it for 20-30 min and i just can not get into any of the games.

I can knock out an 8 hours ps4 session no prob, but 30 min with a 3ds beat me.
No but I'm mostly looking at it just for random times in bed or maybe for my youngest to get into