The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That’s kind of the deal and I agree. In fact, consoles took it a step further and charge us 50-60 a year just to play online games which is, and forever will be, free on PC.

Consoles used to be easy, plug and play, and done. Now? Decide which one to buy, which one your friends are in, patches which make console games as PC games as far as quality, and exclusives which force to buy one over another.

Thankfully, I don’t need to buy an Xbox one x unless I want a 4K player but I can buy a much cheaper X for that. Any game Microsoft makes will be on PC. So why bother. I’ll trade my one in for an S once I get my wife tanked tonight and come home with my new oled. :)

More or so why i want more crossplay games to happen. I want to buy MH:World on PS4 but i own 2 Xbox Ones(X) and i can play at home with my gf and enjoy it with some other friends or i can buy it on PS4 just so i can be a fake ass Aloy. I'd also love to play OW with people on all of the consoles and PC just because why not?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah just looked and there is basically nothing in the next 4 or 5 months that interests me. Maybe Ni No Kuni 2 and xenoblade chronicles 2, neither of which xbone can even play

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Have to imagine there will be some ps4pro deals on BF though if you don't have one already.
Honestly I was expecting a price drop and THEN the sales. You could get it for $340 pretty easily last year during holiday, no way am I paying that much for it considering it was that price a year ago

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yea, only slight better looking versions of two games most have considered disappointing really isn't a great selling point. (Shadow of War and AC: Origins)

I'm sure there's more that's enhanced noticeably, but early on that's the two that were all the hubbub - and being that the interest in each seems to have flagged once each released.... what is there really to drive X sales until next year sometime?

You really should watch the comparison videos from Digital Foundry. Pretty big difference.

I’m sure PS4 Pro Platinum Plus (Da Triple P) will be better in 2019 tho so hold on to your $500.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You really should watch the comparison videos from Digital Foundry. Pretty big difference.

I’m sure PS4 Pro Platinum Plus (Da Triple P) will be better in 2019 tho so hold on to your $500.
Honestly I think the next major revision will be ps5. They may do a PS4 pro slim or something like that, but i would be surprised if they changed the power before ps5

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Oh my God I’m tanked and will wake up to set up a new tv tomorrow I’m so fucking fired us right now you guys. I love you fuckers!!!! Best community ever! Hey ever!!!!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Nice! Are you going with an atmos or surround setup?

Already have that buddy. But I had to get a new receiver from for hdcp 2.2 and it comes with Atmos. I have ceiling mounted klipsche and they sound awesome. And a sub. Just needed to upgrade the receiver and tv. Also bought an Xbox one S. Tomorrow I need to trade on my ps4 and Xbox one for a ps pro. And I am all set! I also will buy a couple Atmos speakers later. I am so fired up. Out the door with everything, two year interest free financing, 4300. Receiver was 649. Yamaha advantage 770. Xbox one s was 249. Came with forza and the hot wheels dlc. 2598 for the set (last one. They literally had ten this morning) and five year warranty for 599 which covers screen burn and peace of mind.

Hell of a deal. My home theater set up will be complete. Celebrating with 15 yr glenlivet, will set it up tomorrow.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Last of us in 4K hdr! Dark souls 3? Did they have a patch? Holy shit!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
wtf is going on here, and youre buying a xb(S)? Not going to get the 1X?(if mentioned before my bad but fuck catching up on 10+ pages!)

• 1Worf

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Already have that buddy. But I had to get a new receiver from for hdcp 2.2 and it comes with Atmos. I have ceiling mounted klipsche and they sound awesome. And a sub. Just needed to upgrade the receiver and tv. Also bought an Xbox one S. Tomorrow I need to trade on my ps4 and Xbox one for a ps pro. And I am all set! I also will buy a couple Atmos speakers later. I am so fired up. Out the door with everything, two year interest free financing, 4300. Receiver was 649. Yamaha advantage 770. Xbox one s was 249. Came with forza and the hot wheels dlc. 2598 for the set (last one. They literally had ten this morning) and five year warranty for 599 which covers screen burn and peace of mind.

Hell of a deal. My home theater set up will be complete. Celebrating with 15 yr glenlivet, will set it up tomorrow.

Very nice. Horizon 3 is a lot of fun and if they gave you a digital code you can download it through the windows 10 store on your PC as well. It supports HDR and looks pretty damn good on Xbox S but the difference in load times on that system vs an SSD PC (not to mention an unlocked frame rate) are pretty stark. Just a heads up in case you have a PSVR and go to the pro is that some models of the headset's hub thing disable the HDR capabilities due to what I'm guessing are weird handshake issues with the pass through. Was going to get that Dell PSVR/GT Sport combo special until I found out it they are using the last of their launch inventory headsests in it. If it's easy to plug in and out no big though but mines a PITA to get to.

• 1Like

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
That's the thing. There isn't going to be a console lifecycle anymore now that everything is x86. Look at everyone moving to 4k everything for some reason. Do you honestly think the games are going to run at a reasonable framerate at 4k? Of course they aren't. What's going to happen is you're going to be eager to buy the Next Console that allows you to buy the remaining N number of DLC packs for your existing games so you can play them at >= 60 fps.

Take a peek at PS NOW if you haven't already. That's the future. PlayStation Now – PS Now Subscription for 500+ PS4 & PS3 Games

Every Playstation from here on out is going to support that. Microsoft has a similar service already or in the works I'm sure.

Oh shit I might do a month of that just to play the Uncharted Series. Would it be worth it? Also my Xbox One X gets here Tuesday. Super excited, I have a TCL 65" 4k HDR tv so should be neat.