The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
You can just feel the excitement in the foh air on the release of this console.

Maybe I'll get the Xbox One X-S next year.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
You can just feel the excitement in the foh air on the release of this console.

Maybe I'll get the Xbox One X-S next year.

The X is the Slim, only smaller. It's also twice the weight, there is no way it gets a smaller revision.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Just got home with my X, only 10 min wait at best buy although reading reports from other places there is definitely some stock shortage at some places with some pre orders not being filled at amazon, gamestop, and best buy. Stopped by the Microsoft store earlier and got some free swag (pins, t-shirts) and great food, box is definitely small but heavy as fuck. setup in under 5 mins, settings restored from USB drive, 758mb system update downloading now and then we'll see if I can play AC Origins or not.

System looks gorgeous, menus run a little better/faster than S. Really, really clean migration from S to X, took like 10 mins total and copied allll my settings cleanly, much easier than when I've moved around on PS4. Loving it so far but tired, gonna play games tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Ut, take back that fucking S and get an X. Even if they don't ever release another decent first party title you're gonna be kicking yourself the way they are doing this BC stuff. GoW 3 looks like a remaster and I wouldn't be surprised if more and more games get this treatment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am walking on thin ice and better not get anything else at the moment! Haha :) I'll definitely (probably) get one before the end of the year.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Like the guy that buys the brand new pc and all peripherals and plays on a 19 inch crt

Not really. My plan all along was to get the S (Which I did) for my 4k Blu-Ray Player and everything else is going through my PS Pro because my friend list has completely migrated to Sony. Backwards compatibility is nice, but isn't $499 nice to play through these games again (Yet). I understand the draw though. I go where the new content is for games. Spencer announced they are investing large into first party again - so depending on when that comes to fruition, the XBox One X (Or Xbox One X 2 maybe by that point) will be worth it for me specifically.

Trust me. I have all the accessories I need :)

spronk

FPS noob
If anyone does buy an X a lot of places (gamestop, best buy) are running a promo where you get $50 off the elite controller making it $100. Totally worth it imo, the elite is really nice and solid and if you are dropping $500 on basically a video card upgrade for your console may as well get a nice controller too.

While all the early adopters have gotten the scorpios and the X's are semi sold out right now I'm pretty sure in a month or two there will be deeper discounts on the X, so unless you MUST play AC Origins, Shadow of War, Forza 7, Wolfenstein 2, GOW 4, etc on a console at 4k no real reason to rush. I just wanted to play AC Origins and might as well play it on an X instead of a ps4.

Very mixed bag on how well enhanced games do although I do notice a much better FPS and aliasing on RDR which is a 360 BC game
Xbox One X games at launch: The boosts, the bummers, and the bottom line

As of this post the Scorpio edition is back up on amazon for order (probably cancelled orders) although I imagine it'll disappear within an hour
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GW8VG7O/

Last edited:

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I am walking on thin ice and better not get anything else at the moment! Haha :) I'll definitely (probably) get one before the end of the year.

I hear ya, man. I don't blame anyone for waiting with Microsoft's track record, but seeing these 10-15 year old games looking so good has me hyped this morning. I need that 4K RDR, though! Hopefully they keep delivering on that front. I wish Sony was doing stuff like this.

And good call on Evil Within 2, I've only played a bit but it's already much improved over the first.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I hear ya, man. I don't blame anyone for waiting with Microsoft's track record, but seeing these 10-15 year old games looking so good has me hyped this morning. I need that 4K RDR, though! Hopefully they keep delivering on that front. I wish Sony was doing stuff like this.

And good call on Evil Within 2, I've only played a bit but it's already much improved over the first.

Nice! Glad you like it. Did you buy the Xbox version? Also, I am finding out that my PSVR isn't the version that will pass HDR with my Pro - another "wtf" moment there. So, when I want to play 4k/HDR or HDR at all, I need to disconnect my PSVR.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
35% of Assassin's Creed Origin sales have been digital, up from 15% of Syndicate.

19% of their sales have been on the Switch (the power of releasing a game with Mario in it?) - about the same amount they sell on the Xbox One.

Still wondering when people will copy EA Access. Recurring fee, slight discount on digital games to help combat the resale market, game trials to drive sales, etc.

DOC92vqW0AAOLgh.jpg:large

via Daniel Ahmad (@ZhugeEX) | Twitter

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’ll continue to buy physical as long as it remains cheaper to do so. With data caps everywhere now, it’s only one more reason to get physical.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Even if the prices were the same I'd buy physical because PSN download speeds are atrocious. To be fair, the last large patch I downloaded came down about 5x faster than back in Sept. when I had to download Destiny 2 stuff, but that's still about 10x slower than Steam. I have no data cap at all, which makes this even more annoying.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I run a squid proxy at home and use that when I'm aggressively trying to download items from PSN. Just note that some games actually try to use the same proxy for gameplay (like Battlefront 2) so be sure to remember to turn it off when you're not trying to download things.

I only turn it on when I'm buying something new, which is rare... I usually let it do its thing via sleep mode.

spronk

FPS noob
Some game sizes are getting a bit ridiculous, like Gears of War 4 is 100 gigs installed. Quantum Break is 100 gigs, 180 gigs if you install all the movies (otherwise it streams them). That is ridiculous for those games. GTA 5 at 70 gigs or whatever I can understand, it has a shit load of content but what the fuck does GOW4 have...

This is pretty fascinating, at first I was like "bruh, the X version looks the same as the 360" but then when you see the details on Altair's cowl and the NPCs its like... WTF. This is all done by Microsoft too, no patch by Ubisoft. Looking forward to trying stuff out with BC and GamePass on my X. I have no idea how Microsoft is doing this but they are on a whole nother level when it comes to software engineering compared to Sony. Too bad they don't have any great first party only games, Sony and Nintendo have that shit on lockdown right now.