The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Bestbuy has the Scorpio edition up for preorder if anyone was looking for it, delivery only though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So a few things I noticed on the X for reviews.

1) Load times are not decreased by 50%. Expect about 5% at best. Gamespot had the times listed.

2) Somehow it still has some menu slowdown.

3) Some games (Gears of war 4 to be specific) were getting some poor digitial foundry reviews. Namely 1080p and 4K frame slow downs. It dropped to 40 FPS in 1080p enhanced in areas.

Probably going to take a couple revisions of software to patch it. Overall, the main draw to this over a Ps Pro for me is the 4K Blu Ray. Had Sony installed a 4K player on their pro, I would question the need for the Xbox one X based on game selection. But with that said, it’s most likely the console to get for multiplatform games now.

Interesting read.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-x-review/1100-6454609/

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
PS4 Pro Check
Xbox X check
4k monitor for PC check

Scrubby 1080 is done son. Utnayan Utnayan

I’m getting my wife piss drunk Saturday night at Bingo at the local bar. OLED 65” and a new HDCP 2.2 receiver with Atmos May be in Uncle Uts future! :)

Actually I can buy it at anytime. I’m just hesitant on if I want to do the cheap online try, or go to Best Buy so I can also get the warranty for 5 years which protects against screen burn.

• 2Like

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
So a few things I noticed on the X for reviews.

1) Load times are not decreased by 50%. Expect about 5% at best. Gamespot had the times listed.

2) Somehow it still has some menu slowdown.

3) Some games (Gears of war 4 to be specific) were getting some poor digitial foundry reviews. Namely 1080p and 4K frame slow downs. It dropped to 40 FPS in 1080p enhanced in areas.

Probably going to take a couple revisions of software to patch it. Overall, the main draw to this over a Ps Pro for me is the 4K Blu Ray. Had Sony installed a 4K player on their pro, I would question the need for the Xbox one X based on game selection. But with that said, it’s most likely the console to get for multiplatform games now.

Interesting read.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-x-review/1100-6454609/

I think the thing that got me to keep my pre-order was the extra ram and the fact games could have 4k assets as well as resolution, which the Pro can't do. If it were the difference of native 4k vs checkerboard or whatever I'd probably wait but I'm pretty excited for Tuesday.

As for your tv, for a buy that big I did Best Buy. No hassle, piece of mind, and I can deal with them locally if need be. They also were about in the same price range as any (respectable) online only site I could find at the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I think the thing that got me to keep my pre-order was the extra ram and the fact games could have 4k assets as well as resolution, which the Pro can't do. If it were the difference of native 4k vs checkerboard or whatever I'd probably wait but I'm pretty excited for Tuesday.

As for your tv, for a buy that big I did Best Buy. No hassle, piece of mind, and I can deal with them locally if need be. They also were about in the same price range as any (respectable) online only site I could find at the time.

Agreed. And the have the 65 B7A for 2599. :/. It’s oretty hard to say no to that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Probably done buying consoles if the path forward is going to be they upgrade it every couple years

That's straight horse shit

• 1SJW

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Probably done buying consoles if the path forward is going to be they upgrade it every couple years

• 1SJW
  • 1Solidarity

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
They canceled the order for some reason

That sucks, did you order while using a commercial VPN by chance? Target and Bestbuy are pretty over protective if you use one and I've had orders from both screwed up while having a VPN turned on on my phone. Took a peak and it still shows the Scorpio for preorder while the regular edition is sold out if you feel like spinning the wheel again.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I waited for years to buy a PS4... Zero chance I buy a new one for this shit. Still fucking stupid. Now it makes me want to wait until near the end of a console lifecycle to purchase one to actually get a, "good" one.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
That's the thing. There isn't going to be a console lifecycle anymore now that everything is x86. Look at everyone moving to 4k everything for some reason. Do you honestly think the games are going to run at a reasonable framerate at 4k? Of course they aren't. What's going to happen is you're going to be eager to buy the Next Console that allows you to buy the remaining N number of DLC packs for your existing games so you can play them at >= 60 fps.

Take a peek at PS NOW if you haven't already. That's the future. PlayStation Now – PS Now Subscription for 500+ PS4 & PS3 Games

Every Playstation from here on out is going to support that. Microsoft has a similar service already or in the works I'm sure.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
That's the thing. There isn't going to be a console lifecycle anymore now that everything is x86. Look at everyone moving to 4k everything for some reason. Do you honestly think the games are going to run at a reasonable framerate at 4k? Of course they aren't. What's going to happen is you're going to be eager to buy the Next Console that allows you to buy the remaining N number of DLC packs for your existing games so you can play them at >= 60 fps.

Take a peek at PS NOW if you haven't already. That's the future. PlayStation Now – PS Now Subscription for 500+ PS4 & PS3 Games

Every Playstation from here on out is going to support that. Microsoft has a similar service already or in the works I'm sure.

The system that allows you to DOWNLOAD the games to your console with a service is the one that will win the day. Not Stream.

Regime beat me to it. PS Now Sucks. It would be epic if they didn't stream and had you download the games to your console locally.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Yeah it’s called gamepass and it blows PSNow away since you can DL and not stream. Nevermind the amount of games you get for the service. Funny the kinda stuff you’ll get from a company that is getting reamed by their competitors.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Microsoft supports BC right in the box, they are better at the software part of the biz than Sony. Microsoft also would just prefer someone else deal with all the hardware shit, the only reason you can buy an xbox is no one else wants to make it. In their ideal world everyone would just run Win 10 apps and not use steam and stuff and then Dell would sell mini PCs that only run Win 10 apps and Microsoft would be happy as fuck but of course no one wants to run Windows 10 apps because the app store sucks giant dick

Digital foundry X review, I am looking forward to mine