The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Call of Duty WW2 in 4k looks so good I can almost reach into my TV like a Billy Idol video and grab that loot crate with my own two hands.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Nice! Glad you like it. Did you buy the Xbox version? Also, I am finding out that my PSVR isn't the version that will pass HDR with my Pro - another "wtf" moment there. So, when I want to play 4k/HDR or HDR at all, I need to disconnect my PSVR.

Yeah, i bought the Xbone version. It's pretty and plays great. I actually just finished the first game last week so the difference is pretty striking.

That PSVR news has me pretty pissed off. Lots of people have been complaining about HDR passthrough since the Pro was released and trying to get Sony to sell a processer unit seperately and instead they release a $500 bundle. Fuck 'em, I'm not buying a new one, I'll just keep using my splitters.

Some game sizes are getting a bit ridiculous, like Gears of War 4 is 100 gigs installed. Quantum Break is 100 gigs, 180 gigs if you install all the movies (otherwise it streams them). That is ridiculous for those games. GTA 5 at 70 gigs or whatever I can understand, it has a shit load of content but what the fuck does GOW4 have...

This is pretty fascinating, at first I was like "bruh, the X version looks the same as the 360" but then when you see the details on Altair's cowl and the NPCs its like... WTF. This is all done by Microsoft too, no patch by Ubisoft. Looking forward to trying stuff out with BC and GamePass on my X. I have no idea how Microsoft is doing this but they are on a whole nother level when it comes to software engineering compared to Sony. Too bad they don't have any great first party only games, Sony and Nintendo have that shit on lockdown right now.

It's nuts what they are doing. Mirror's Edge looks better than the sequel now. This BC stuff is such a value add it's nuts.

Oh and I'm with you on the download sizes. I had to call Comcast and pay to have my cap removed this month because of the X. I'm at like 700 gigs used in the last three days...lol. It's ridiculous.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, i bought the Xbone version. It's pretty and plays great. I actually just finished the first game last week so the difference is pretty striking.

That PSVR news has me pretty pissed off. Lots of people have been complaining about HDR passthrough since the Pro was released and trying to get Sony to sell a processer unit seperately and instead they release a $500 bundle. Fuck 'em, I'm not buying a new one, I'll just keep using my splitters.

How are you doing that currently? Because I am wiping and trading in my Xbox One (Original) and PS4 Original for a PS Pro Friday - and I am curious how you are routing that with an external splitter. Because I pretty much, up to this point, would have to keep plugging in, unplugging the PSVR unit.

spronk

FPS noob
I run an HDMI splitter and a 6 port HDMI switch. The PS4Pro HDMI cable goes into the HDMI splitter which goes into PSVR and HDMI 6 port switch. From the splitter I can toggle either go straight to switch (which leaves HDR working just fine) or go to PSVR processing unit, which feeds into port 2 of the HDMI switch (no HDR) and the PSVR head unit.

Port 3 is my xbox one X, port 4 is my Nintendo switch, and port 5 & 6 is empty for now, my PC goes into a seperate port on my TV. You can use a different 3-4 port HDMI switcher of course if you don't need so many inputs, just make sure you get one that supports HDCP 1.4+, I look in the answered questions part of amazon to figure that out. I think HDCP 1.4 does bluray and 2.2 does UHD.

PoQel6s.png

This is the 2 port splitter I use
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WP755QH

And this is the 6 port switch I use
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FRQ5XGC

Its important to use high quality cables, there were a few HDMI cables that created bad signals / judder / etc for me so I just ordered like 4 different kinds and returned (well, threw away honestly) the ones that didn't work. No, not monster cables, I think the ones I ended up using are the amazon basic HDMI 2.0a cables, just make sure they support like 10 gbps. HDR 10 works just fine across two switches, since both are physical relays not software there is no extra lag/delay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I run an HDMI splitter and a 6 port HDMI switch. The PS4Pro HDMI cable goes into the HDMI splitter which goes into PSVR and HDMI 6 port switch. From the splitter I can toggle either go straight to switch (which leaves HDR working just fine) or go to PSVR processing unit, which feeds into port 2 of the HDMI switch (no HDR) and the PSVR head unit.

Port 3 is my xbox one X, port 4 is my Nintendo switch, and port 5 & 6 is empty for now, my PC goes into a seperate port on my TV. You can use a different 3-4 port HDMI switcher of course if you don't need so many inputs, just make sure you get one that supports HDCP 1.4+, I look in the answered questions part of amazon to figure that out. I think HDCP 1.4 does bluray and 2.2 does UHD.

PoQel6s.png

This is the 2 port splitter I use
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WP755QH

And this is the 6 port switch I use
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FRQ5XGC

Its important to use high quality cables, there were a few HDMI cables that created bad signals / judder / etc for me so I just ordered like 4 different kinds and returned (well, threw away honestly) the ones that didn't work. No, not monster cables, I think the ones I ended up using are the amazon basic HDMI 2.0a cables, just make sure they support like 10 gbps. HDR 10 works just fine across two switches, since both are physical relays not software there is no extra lag/delay.

What are you doing there for HDCP 2.2 compliance? Because as it is wired your Xbox One X will not play 4k Blu-Ray / HDR discs as it stands as it is going to get hung up at the 6 port switch. Doesn't that need to be HDCP 2.2 compliant as well?

Splitter looks like the perfect solution for me though.

Edit: Yeah sorry you answered that yourself. I am guessing you will be upgrading your 6 port switch soon to be HDCP 2.2 compliant since you will want to play UDH/HDR through your Xbox One X player.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
So UPS called and they are sending another driver with my One X should be here in a half hour.

That's what's up!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
How are you doing that currently? Because I am wiping and trading in my Xbox One (Original) and PS4 Original for a PS Pro Friday - and I am curious how you are routing that with an external splitter. Because I pretty much, up to this point, would have to keep plugging in, unplugging the PSVR unit.

I run basically the same setup as spronk only i use a 4 port hdmi switch. I don't run anything else but the ps4 and vr through it. And I'll second the part about high quality cables, i ran through a couple sets before i found ones that worked and even though those initally worked they would go black screen from time to time and i ended up having to replace them as well.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Huh, heard that cod ww2 patch for xbone X wasnt out yet.

It said Xbox enhanced maybe it’s just HDR. No wonder Wolfenstein looked better but COD still was slick looking. I was playing on my 1080 monitor downstairs.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I do not understand the point of a hdmi switch in this set up. why not just run an 4k AV receiver? mine has 8 hdmi inputs.....am i missing something?

spronk

FPS noob
I do not understand the point of a hdmi switch in this set up. why not just run an 4k AV receiver? mine has 8 hdmi inputs.....am i missing something?

The PSVR takes one HDMI input and puts out two HDMI outputs, one for your TV and one for the VR headset but the PSVR unit removes HDR. So you need a switch/splitter before it so you can leave the HDR signal going somewhere (to your receiver, to a port on your TV, or to another switch) untouched and another signal going to the PSVR. If you just used the PSVR processing unit the way they tell you to, you'll never get HDR from the PS4 into your TV.

Re: cheapest PS4, black friday has a lot of deals at $199 basically for a PS4 slim at target, walmart, and 99% likely gamestop, best buy, amazon, etc. I think there are 1-2 versions (bundles).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Best Buy black friday ad is up, overall
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/black-friday/pcmcat225600050002.c?id=pcmcat225600050002

video games
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=video+games

Uncharted 4 Lost Legacy and Horizon Zero Dawn are live at $15.99 (GCU prices) the rest all will have to wait till black friday. Remember, if you are elite you get 2-3 day early access, every year I get all my xmas shopping done the sunday or monday before thanksgiving with a few clicks.

I've already got Injustice 2, Forza 7, Wolfy 2, Yakuza 1, BOTW, NFS, and some controllers in mind

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Seems cheaper to get HZD and the expansion than the complete version eh. Sold my copy but want to play the DLC. Probably just wait for a sale on the complete edition.