The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I received this email. What’s up with this?
You remember being able to have Linux on a partition of your "fat" PS3? They took that functionality away and hello shitstorm. Someone made a Class Action Lawsuit out of it I guess. Not that I give more than 0.3 fucks, won't do me any good here in Europe. Plus I never was nerd enough to put it to use.

Brad2770

You remember being able to have Linux on a partition of your "fat" PS3? They took that functionality away and hello shitstorm. Someone made a Class Action Lawsuit out of it I guess. Not that I give more than 0.3 fucks, won't do me any good here in Europe. Plus I never was nerd enough to put it to use.

I remember, but didn’t care. Thanks.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
From what I understand ESO is only worth a shit with Morrowind too, regardless of platform. So it's more like $30.

Console MMORPGs are literally awful. Why they keep trying to make it a trend is beyond me.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So I never buy any of the newer console generations until a few years have passed so I can choose the winner and have a nice back catalog to catch up on. Seems pretty obvious that I should get a PS4. Is there a particular model I should get concerning memory and such? I would also appreciate a list of must-have games. I'm very much an action-adventure and RPG type of dude. I've heard great things about Horizon and Nier. Destiny looks pretty solid as well. I was also an XBOX guy last generation so I never played any of the Uncharted games. Any others in that same vein I should look for? Already have Witcher 3 on PC.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So I never buy any of the newer console generations until a few years have passed so I can choose the winner and have a nice back catalog to catch up on. Seems pretty obvious that I should get a PS4. Is there a particular model I should get concerning memory and such? I would also appreciate a list of must-have games. I'm very much an action-adventure and RPG type of dude. I've heard great things about Horizon and Nier. Destiny looks pretty solid as well. I was also an XBOX guy last generation so I never played any of the Uncharted games. Any others in that same vein I should look for? Already have Witcher 3 on PC.

amazon is selling brand new PS4 Slims with the bigger 1TB hard drive for $249 with free shipping. unless you want to game in 4k, then get the Pro. i haven't shopped around on Pro deals tho.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

Yeah it all depends on your set up. If you have 4k/HDR , get this:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-p...ffcode=pg268871&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

$399, same as regular, but comes with COD WW2 (Even though you may never play it)

If you have a 1080p display, I would get the slim. Which you can get with a game for $249 at BB or Amazon.

A thing to note though between the 2. Patched PS4 games on the PS Pro will run super sampled with higher frame rates on your 1080p display, so if you plan on wanting that (And it's a crap shoot really on what is patched) get the pro. If you are looking at upgrading to a 4k display soonish, get the pro. Regardless of patched games, it also comes with Boost mode. So you can try that on other games to increase frame rate too that aren't patched. Also, 4k streaming is only supported on the PS Pro if you plan on using it as a set box.

Games: Uncharted 4, Last of us Remastered, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier Automata, NIOH complete edition. Until Dawn.
If you want to break a few controllers, definitely get Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
amazon is selling brand new PS4 Slims with the bigger 1TB hard drive for $249 with free shipping. unless you want to game in 4k, then get the Pro. i haven't shopped around on Pro deals tho.

Damn I was late on that deal. Up to $275 now. I might just buy the Battleground II bundle since it's only $20 even if everyone says that game blows. Or is it so bad that it's not even worth $20?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Damn I was late on that deal. Up to $275 now. I might just buy the Battleground II bundle since it's only $20 even if everyone says that game blows. Or is it so bad that it's not even worth $20?

worst case scenario, you can trade in the game for credit towards a different one at Gamestop or something?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ended up getting nier and horizon zero Dawn for Christmas (and ocarina of Time 3d)

Might play nier first but not sure.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bought a PS4 and HZD today. Game looks right up my alley. Excited to save money over the upcoming months with all these new games to play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
if you got a ps4 over the holidays check out the digital PSN sales
Holiday Sale | Week 3 | Official PlayStation™Store US

i'd 100% recommend uncharted collection (1-3), uncharted 4, Sleeping Dogs (if you never played), Hitman

1 year of PS+ was $39.99 at amazon/gamestop up until christmas, it'll prob go on sale again? Need it if you plan on doing any multiplayer games sadly, the cloud storage is pretty nice too for backing up save games, the free games are generally all indie weird stuff

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ended up getting nier and horizon zero Dawn for Christmas (and ocarina of Time 3d)

Might play nier first but not sure.
I found Nier to be better in every way compared to HZD, aside from the amazing graphical detail HZD had. The story of Nier isn't as straightforward as HZD, so it might throw you for a loop a couple times. Play HZD first to get it out of the way, its a lot of fun, but save Nier when you have to really get into / enjoy it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
How is Nier on the PC? Is it a shitty port or is it better than the PS4 version?