The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Watching the girlfriend play The Last of Us today. Neither of us have played before. What a sweet game.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Alpha

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I have an extra unopened PS4 Pro God of War bundle. Should I just sell it off for $480 or hold on to it? Not sure if these limited consoles ever go up in value.

spronk

FPS noob
it won't go up in value, sony is gonna put out a spider man ps4 pro in the fall and the second something like a ps4 pro slim or whatever is announced your console drops a lot in value. be careful of ebay, lot of scammers

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
it won't go up in value, sony is gonna put out a spider man ps4 pro in the fall and the second something like a ps4 pro slim or whatever is announced your console drops a lot in value. be careful of ebay, lot of scammers

Are the scammers lripping you off by doing a chargeback on PayPal?

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
yeah they either use stolen credit cards which gets a chargeback weeks or months later or they claim the package received is defective, etc and ebay requires you to do a refund and then they send back just a box of newspapers or whatever and the seller gets fucked

i've sold maybe like 40 things over 10 years on ebay, 100% digital DLCs and crap i got for pre ordering so don't really care and even with 40 items i've had like 6 people scam me, always stolen ebay or credit cards. the shitty thing is when ebay sides with the buyer on credit card reversal they charge you, the seller, a $20-30 fee. So you lose the item, lose the money, and have to pay ebay $25 to take it up the ass. i would never, ever, ever use ebay for anything physical over $100.

offerup, letitgo, facebook are decent apps to sell locally but i dunno how strong the market is for video game stuff that way and i have zero desire to ever go meet some rando and hope he doesn't shoot me

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
yeah they either use stolen credit cards which gets a chargeback weeks or months later or they claim the package received is defective, etc and ebay requires you to do a refund and then they send back just a box of newspapers or whatever and the seller gets fucked

i've sold maybe like 40 things over 10 years on ebay, 100% digital DLCs and crap i got for pre ordering so don't really care and even with 40 items i've had like 6 people scam me, always stolen ebay or credit cards. the shitty thing is when ebay sides with the buyer on credit card reversal they charge you, the seller, a $20-30 fee. So you lose the item, lose the money, and have to pay ebay $25 to take it up the ass. i would never, ever, ever use ebay for anything physical over $100.

offerup, letitgo, facebook are decent apps to sell locally but i dunno how strong the market is for video game stuff that way and i have zero desire to ever go meet some rando and hope he doesn't shoot me

Yeah I had someone do it to my friend on their iPhone and it was $225 not only stolen but a chargeback too.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never had a bad experience with eBay. My dad even has an eBay store and he's been using it daily for damn near 20 years. He's never had an issue. And he sells some very high value sports/music memorabilia.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Electronics are the easiest thing to resell after stealing/scamming for it. Paypal and ebay even protect them while they do it which is why they don't buy new from real companies that might go after them.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've never had a bad experience with eBay. My dad even has an eBay store and he's been using it daily for damn near 20 years. He's never had an issue. And he sells some very high value sports/music memorabilia.

Yeah electronics are the biggest issue.

spronk

FPS noob
i guess Avalanche Studios (Just Cause, Mad Max) is making Rage 2, the game nobody asked for? Announcement trailer tomorrow

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Rage 1 was awful. I cannot believe anyone is even hyped for this or why it was even greenlit. And lol that trailer....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah wasn't the first game a flop? I'll give it a shot because of Avalanche though.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Microsoft is removing 21 titles from Xbox Game Pass at the end of the month

Xbox 360
  • Age of Booty
  • The BioShock trilogy
  • de Blob 2
  • Borderlands
  • Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
  • NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
  • Dig Dug
  • SoulCalibur
  • Final Fight: Double Impact
  • SEGA Vintage Collection Golden Axe
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
  • Bound by Flame
  • Sacred 3
  • SEGA Vintage Collection Alex Kidd & Co.
  • XCOM: Enemy Within
Xbox One
  • Defense Grid 2
  • Blood Bowl 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For some reason Bethesda must think renaming the game to a known IP (However crappy that game was) is all the new Rage. (Lol sorry couldn't help it) They did the same thing with Prey. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is just an IP Stamp.

Avalanche steampunk sandbox project on hold - VG247
That's from 2013, and Mad Max was also announced in 2013 after the Cory Barlog/George Miller game got scrapped. I think if that steampunk game got repurposed it probably already happened back then. Seems more likely to me that Avalanche wanted to make Mad Max 2, but WBIE wasn't interested after the mediocre sales of the first game. Somewhere along the line I guess they got in touch with the guy at Bethesda in charge of resurrecting failed IPs that no one else gives a shit about or even remembers, and now they're making Rage 2 instead.

It could be good if Avalanche can finally make a sandbox game that doesn't become mind-numbingly boring, repetitive, and tedious at about the 50% completion mark. Mad Max's story kind of sucked in the last act too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Trailer for Rage 2 isn't bad, someone should make a thread and post it there :p

Unrelated, looking forward to firing this up:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Has anyone else had success fixing the issue with PS4 Pro on a 4K TV (new TCL 6-series) constantly cutting out video and audio? It happens for like a second every minute or two while I'm sitting on the home screen. Thankfully it hasn't happened in games at all so it's not a huge deal yet. I've ordered a new HDMI cable but there shouldn't be anything wrong with the one that came with the Pro since it's rated for 4K/60 and 18Gbps. Not terribly optimistic about that being the problem anyway, after seeing a 75-page thread talking about it elsewhere.

Last edited:

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have no issues like that with PS4 Pro on my 4k (Vizio 65" P series). I do have problems with the HDMI handshake activating HDR. Sometimes I need to turn it on and off with the TV, but I suspect that is being caused by my Onkyo receiver, as the issue goes away when plugged directly into TV. No issues with audio/video cutting out, though.