The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sony controllers with the retard stick/pad swap? WTF is this world coming to?

More Yakuza remasters is awesome news though. I never got to play 5 and didn't want to spoil it by playing on shitty PS Now. I'd buy 3 & 4 again if they restored all the cut content too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Any idea how 3-5 hold up? Playing 0 right now and it's one of the weirdest and funniest games I've played, but I'm worried about the fact that a chronological play through means playing 3 of the newest (0 plus 1 and 2 remakes) followed by the three oldest (remasters) followed by 6.

no idea, never played any game on ps3 really. Consensus seems to be that the only one you really should play, and play first, is Yakuza 0 to get a proper intro to the world/setting/chars. After that it doesn't really matter too much what order you play stuff in, the story is weird but simple enough that you will pick it up quickly and its not super convoluted or tied together much anyways, other than Kiryu is at different ages and is the Dragon of Dojima.

I played Yakuza 1 (Kiwami) and thought Y0 was better, still haven't played Yakuza 6. I am also kinda debating whether to play 2-5 first and then 6 but the remasters are gonna take a while, like 3 is out in Japan in August and 5 in Feb 2019 or so, who knows how much longer it'll take to release in the West. I'll probably end up playing 6 sometime in the next month or two.

Re: the xbox elite controller, I bought two one for my X and one for my PC, love em both although I removed the paddles found them too annoying. They are nice but honestly I don't notice that much of a difference from the dual shock 4 or regular xbox. I'll end up getting the scuf probably although I don't like how they changed the stick locations to match the xbox. I think gamestop is the only physical retail exclusive seller in USA for the PS4 official scufs.

also PSN weekend flash sale Sleeping Dogs for $5 is great if you never played it Witcher 3 $20 Diablo 3 $20 etc
Extended Play Sale

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Any idea how 3-5 hold up?
3 and 4 were both really good games, and each Yakuza game is generally better than the previous ones (until 6, anyway). Sega's half-assed localization that removed a bunch of stuff that "wouldn't make sense to Westerners" was a dumb idea because the sort of people who play the Yakuza series are exactly the type who would want that shit carried over. Except mahjong... mahjong can fuck right off back where it came from. Like I said above though, hopefully 3 & 4 get the same treatment as 0/5/6 did and nothing is cut.

5 is the biggest and arguably still the best game in the series according to everything I've heard about it. At the very least tied with 0.

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was pretty excited about the new PS4 controller till I saw the price. I will admit tho, buying the elite controller was pure gold, worth every penny.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bummer, I'd switch my Detroit pre-order to digital to get both Heavy Rain and 20% off.

Edit: It should work if I wait until 12:01AM Friday to use the code I got, right? Assuming the deluxe edition isn't just a pre-order only thing...

Bah, scratch that, Amazon already shipped my physical pre-order.

Last edited:

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Xbox One X will be all my 3rd party now moving forward, unless its a large multiplayer game because all my online buddies are on Steam and PS 4/Pro. I have like 7 online friends now on Xbox after the large exodus. But it makes me want to consider the elite. Is it really worth the price tag?

I've had the Elite a little over two years now and still love it and prefer it over any other controller. Only downside is no Bluetooth so had to get the wireless dongle for using it on the couch with the PC.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just bought my PS4 pro and playing GOW. Smoking on the QLED Samsung monitor and tV in 4k.

I love the Xbox elite controller it’s my favorite but glad this new DS4 model feels more sturdy than the 2013 one.

As for Yakuza should I play the prequel 0 or move to the remastered first one ?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just bought my PS4 pro and playing GOW. Smoking on the QLED Samsung monitor and tV in 4k.

I love the Xbox elite controller it’s my favorite but glad this new DS4 model feels more sturdy than the 2013 one.

As for Yakuza should I play the prequel 0 or move to the remastered first one ?
Definitely play 0 first, then 1. After playing 0, 1 is kinda hard to get through. You can tell how ancient the game is.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Battlefield 1943 was added to the EA Access Vault

June's new Game Pass titles:

Last edited:
  • 1Like

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of Yakuza 0, pretty sure I have a half-off code if anyone wants it. PM me if interested - lurkers always get these fucking things.

Great game, but found a cheap physical copy at a retarded bookstore so never redeemed the code. Hopefully it's not expired.

Edit: claimed

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speaking of Yakuza 0, pretty sure I have a half-off code if anyone wants it. PM me if interested - lurkers always get these fucking things.

Great game, but found a cheap physical copy at a retarded bookstore so never redeemed the code. Hopefully it's not expired.

I just bought Yakuza for $30 thank you.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Nevermind I’m terrible. I guess last night I decided to play security wi fi guy and blocked my ps pro from my own network. Lol. Welp.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
Days of Play is Back! New Limited Edition PS4, 11 Days of Deals

discounts on PSN stuff from June 8th - June 18th plus a new PS4 skin

ps4-1.jpg

DeXbIiLV4AAut3V.jpg%253Alarge

If the HZD for $20 is trhe GOTY/complete edition that'll be a fantastic deal

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Now that is a cool limited edition system/controller.

• 2Like