The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Szlia

It's only natural that the week I finally borrow a non crap PS3 to buy and play Yakuza 4 is the week they announce the remaster...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wanted to get the PS Move controllers, so this is a great time to get it. Do we see the PS Move controllers ever on a better sale?

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
A friend of mine grabbed his Move controls from a craigslist type site that is popular in the area. I checked and plenty of people are offloading them packed in with PS3's and bundles of old games. Might be worth grabbing that way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

It used to be a lot cheaper to get PS3 Move controllers from Amazon (like $25 ea. vs. $40 ea. for PS4 ones) but now the prices are practically the same and it was always a gamble to go with PS3 ones anyway. The batteries in them are degraded due to inactive storage so many people were getting controllers that take little to no charge. Buying used is even worse since most people don't charge Li-ion batteries correctly.

$80 for a 2-pack of the newest model is as good a deal as you're likely to see until BF/Xmas.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
PS+ June:

PS4: Xcom 2, Trials Fusion
PS3: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Zombie Driver HD Complete Edition
Vita (is life): Squares, Atomic Ninjas

Vorph

I preferred gamepad to m/k when I played the PC version of XCOM, was there something different about the PS4 version?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I hated it, each turn took forever, setting everything up with the gamepad was like slow torture. I'm always open to the possibility that I'm just bad, it happens.

Crone

It used to be a lot cheaper to get PS3 Move controllers from Amazon (like $25 ea. vs. $40 ea. for PS4 ones) but now the prices are practically the same and it was always a gamble to go with PS3 ones anyway. The batteries in them are degraded due to inactive storage so many people were getting controllers that take little to no charge. Buying used is even worse since most people don't charge Li-ion batteries correctly.

$80 for a 2-pack of the newest model is as good a deal as you're likely to see until BF/Xmas.
I want them mainly for just dance 2018. For vr, I'd rather go HTC vive if I ever make the jump. Are there any other uses for the move controllers besides VR and motion games?

Vorph

I want them mainly for just dance 2018. For vr, I'd rather go HTC vive if I ever make the jump. Are there any other uses for the move controllers besides VR and motion games?

None that I'm aware of. The navigation controller half of PS Move died with the PS3, and aside from games like Just Dance which uses a single motion controller (or 3 if you have 3 players I guess), Move is pretty much only for PSVR now.

Crone

None that I'm aware of. The navigation controller half of PS Move died with the PS3, and aside from games like Just Dance which uses a single motion controller (or 3 if you have 3 players I guess), Move is pretty much only for PSVR now.
Sorry for the dumb question, lol. VR or motion games, wtf else would it be used for? Lol. Thanks for answering anyway.

For Just Dance, I may as well save the money and use the phone app maybe?

Vorph

For Just Dance, I may as well save the money and use the phone app maybe?
Never played it myself, was just curious how they used Moves in a non-VR game on PS4. If it was me, I'd definitely try the phone app first and only buy the Moves and a camera if it was really bad.

spronk

FPS noob
20% coupon on ebay today for fathers day code is PICKDADSGIFT (min $50 buy) ends at 7pm PST / 10pm EDT makes some stuff decent like

Xbox One X is $368-$399
Microsoft - Xbox One X 1TB Console 889842208252 | eBay
Xbox One X 1TB Console + Xbox Black Wireless Controller + Titanfall 2 + Doom 472000005413 | eBay

PS4 Pro is $320
PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Console 711719513599 | eBay

Switch is $270
Nintendo Switch with Neon Blue and Neon Red Joy-Con | eBay

8TB WD ext drive is $135 (I have two, one on my PS4 Pro and one on my X they work great and I never delete any game anymore)
WD - easystore® 8TB External USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Black 718037856124 | eBay

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
days of PSN sale is live at gamestop and best buy, the highlight is Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition for $20 ($16 with gcu) and dual shock's for $40 and God of War for $50 - if you haven't played GoW its probably gonna be GOTY on a lot of people's lists

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/sony-days-of-play-2018
https://www.gamestop.com/collection/sony-days-of-play

its possible you might get $281 if you trade in a ps4 pro, its current trade value is $225 and they are doing a 25% boost if you trade towards a new ps4/pro, paying $68 ($349 on sale now) to trade in for a new one isn't a bad deal since its a new revision thats quieter. I just upgraded to a God of War PS4 Pro a month ago so not gonna bother but you can check if any near you have a black ps4 pro for $349. Its pretty painless to transfer PS4's if you have an external USB drive big enough to hold everything.
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-pro-1tb-system/134659

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
days of PSN sale is live at gamestop and best buy, the highlight is Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition for $20 ($16 with gcu) and dual shock's for $40 and God of War for $50 - if you haven't played GoW its probably gonna be GOTY on a lot of people's lists

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/sony-days-of-play-2018
https://www.gamestop.com/collection/sony-days-of-play

its possible you might get $281 if you trade in a ps4 pro, its current trade value is $225 and they are doing a 25% boost if you trade towards a new ps4/pro, paying $68 ($349 on sale now) to trade in for a new one isn't a bad deal since its a new revision thats quieter. I just upgraded to a God of War PS4 Pro a month ago so not gonna bother but you can check if any near you have a black ps4 pro for $349. Its pretty painless to transfer PS4's if you have an external USB drive big enough to hold everything.
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-pro-1tb-system/134659
Is that special good for selling a normal PS4? Not the pro version.

I have a day 1 PS4, and I'd like a PS4 Pro for reasons that don't make sense to me as I never have a chance to play it.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the 25% boost works on ps4 too but the trade value isn't as good, base $145 according to http://gamestop.com/trade so you'd get $181.25 towards a PS4 Pro ($349) still better than trying to sell it on craigslist (crackhead list)