The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
Weird gamestop promo temporarily boosting trade values of xbox one and Ps4 to $250 (so you owe $50) IF you trade towards a Nintendo Switch (you can technically buy the switch, keep it boxed, and return it a day or two later but you'd only get store credit probably). The promo is supposed to be only for xbox one "slim" and ps4 (slim?) but it seems to apply to a lot of different units today, it might get fixed in the next day or two. I'm too lazy to go dig up xbox one's to bother but if you have a ps4 or xbox one S (probably won't work with OG xbox) sitting around may as well trade up to a switch for $50
https://www.gamestop.com/trade

xrLbcNH.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
not mine some rando i already have a ps4 pro, X, and switch so not doing much for me. still running today though, trading in a ps4/xb1 to a switch and paying $50+tax oop is a great deal

spronk

FPS noob
couple of good games on the weekly PSN E3 sale which ends in like 2 days or so
Best Of E3 Sale

I picked up Yakuza 0 for $18 so I can own the digital (already finished but never plat'd), also would recommend AC Origins Gold, GTA 5, Bloodborne complete, Persona 5, Star Trek Bridge Crew (does not require VR anymore), Witcher 3 of course, Until Dawn, RE7, Infamous First Light, Mafia 3, Nioh, Gravity Rush 1 (dunno 2), MGS 5 DE if you don't own TPP, Journey, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Tekken 7 / SF V if you are into fighting games (i'm not), Titanfall 2 and/or the TF2 & BF1 combo, and Odin Sphere. Any 2 or 3 or more of those will last you weeks.

Think similar titles on the xbox sale as well although obviously not the PS4 exclusives
Xbox E3 Big Fun Deals | Xbox

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weird gamestop promo temporarily boosting trade values of xbox one and Ps4 to $250 (so you owe $50) IF you trade towards a Nintendo Switch (you can technically buy the switch, keep it boxed, and return it a day or two later but you'd only get store credit probably). The promo is supposed to be only for xbox one "slim" and ps4 (slim?) but it seems to apply to a lot of different units today, it might get fixed in the next day or two. I'm too lazy to go dig up xbox one's to bother but if you have a ps4 or xbox one S (probably won't work with OG xbox) sitting around may as well trade up to a switch for $50
https://www.gamestop.com/trade

xrLbcNH.jpg
Probably over but damn that's tempting. Still holding out on a sweet trade in deal towards a Ps4 Pro.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Finally picked up Bloodbourne for 12 bucks, cant beat that. Have 2 weeks on a trip now to beat that and DS3.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Can you guys recommend an internal hard drive for the ps4 pro. I'm looking at the seagate 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD and just wondering if you guys have been using anything better.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Gonna ask here as a lot of you Master race as well. Can you use a x box elite with a steam link?

spronk

FPS noob
Can you guys recommend an internal hard drive for the ps4 pro. I'm looking at the seagate 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD and just wondering if you guys have been using anything better.

thats what I use and its fine. I also have a 8TB WD EasyStore on both my ps4 pro and XBX (two), i keep games I am playing right now on the internal drive and not-playing-much/done games on the external. I don't really notice much of a difference in performance between the two tbh but it does load a little bit faster on the SSHD. You can only have one external drive active at a time, so you can't have a ext pure SSD AND a 4-8TB drive hooked up at the same time on the PS4. I think you can on the XB1.

Gonna ask here as a lot of you Master race as well. Can you use a x box elite with a steam link?

yes and no. XB1 Elite controller does not have native bluetooth so it doesn't work wirelessly with steam link. It works wired (plug into steam link box, not sure about Samsung TVs) or you can buy a third party app i think called VirtualHere. It works fine with dualshock 4 and newer xb1 regular controllers, the ones that have bluetooth built in.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider

If you want speed and good amount of storage, buy one of these. You can find it on Newegg, Amazon, and a few others places for $250ish on sale every other week.
Other than that, go FireCuda if you want bang-for-buck (used FireCuda before I switched to SSD).

Micron SSD 2TB

Have not seen any SSDs anywhere near this price for 2TB. Only downside is warranty claim can be an issue but with it being Micron I wouldn't worry much. Stupidly good price overall...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
yes and no. XB1 Elite controller does not have native bluetooth so it doesn't work wirelessly with steam link. It works wired (plug into steam link box, not sure about Samsung TVs) or you can buy a third party app i think called VirtualHere. It works fine with dualshock 4 and newer xb1 regular controllers, the ones that have bluetooth built in.
You can't use the XB1 dongle with the Steamlink?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If you can't just use a dongle kind of a bummer. Wired isn't the end of the world I guess.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It was Smedley:

“btw when I was at Sony, the stated reason internally for this was money. They didn't like someone buying something on an Xbox and it being used on a Playstation. simple as that. dumb reason, but there it is.”