The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This will probably launch another cycle of Sony shaming over their cross-play policy.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I really don't care about the cross-play stuff ... I have a PS4 and a PC , most games released for xbox have been released for PC already... So why should I care ?

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I really don't care about the cross-play stuff ... I have a PS4 and a PC , most games released for xbox have been released for PC already... So why should I care ?

Because not allowing crossplay is anti consumer cancer.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Because not allowing crossplay is anti consumer cancer.

Eh, I've just learned to accept it and buy another copy (or occasionally pirate when it's good enough to buy once, but not enough to buy twice) when I really want to play with friends on something I got on the "wrong" platform.

It's not like games are a huge cost - and any I'd consider I know there's hundreds of hours of entertainment left in still.

It's definitely nice to get it for free - but world-ending? Nah. I'm sure it'll come in time though and I'll be happy for it when it does - but it won't really change my life any.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Microsoft and the Play Anywhere platform is one of the most consumer favorable decisions they've made in a really long time. It's a shame I own a PS4 and not an Xbone. But I guess that's because I have a PC. It's a bit...ironic.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

I would agree but UWP on Windows 10 is such a dumpster fire that it negates any goodwill I might have for them.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
How long is bloodborne going to take a pleb such as myself to beat?

It depends ~ at first it will put you in your place, then after awhile everything just "clicks" and you start destroying it, the Platinum is actually incredibly easy, even the DLC trophies are easy once you get there the only real pain in the ass trophy is the Queen.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It depends ~ at first it will put you in your place, then after awhile everything just "clicks" and you start destroying it, the Platinum is actually incredibly easy, even the DLC trophies are easy once you get there the only real pain in the ass trophy is the Queen.

To my shame I have never beaten a souls game. I usually play somewhere around 10-15 hours, fail to git gud, and get distracted by something else and never get back to it.

This has happened with Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1-3, Bloodbourne, and Nioh. It always seems like a game time that I should enjoy, but I never get good enough at it to have enough fun to avoid being distracted by something else.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The first one you complete is always the hardest, after that you just git gud and push thru. Demon Souls was the hardest for me, after that though the rest have been pretty easy except 2, 2 took me forever glad they added in the ability too buy the spells instead of having to do 1000+ invasions. (NPC only available in 3rd playthru)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
July games coming to Game Pass.

DiRT 4 - July 1
Zombie Army Trilogy - July 1
Abzu - July 1
Shadow Complex Remastered - July 1
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - July 1
Fallout 3 - July 1
Human Fall Flat - July 1
Bomber Crew - July 10
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - July 11

Vorph

PS+ for July

PS4
Heavy Rain
Absolver

PS3
Rayman 3 HD
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess (NA) / Extreme Exorcism (EU)

Vita
Space Overlords
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma

No crossbuy for anything other than Space Overlords AFAIK. ZTD (Edit: and Deception IV, just checked) for sure is not. Kind of surprised seeing Heavy Rain on there so soon after Beyond and also because they gave it away as a preorder bonus for Detroit. Works for me though, I've wanted to replay it on PS4 for a while now and didn't preorder Detroit from PSN.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just got given a free crusty old Xbox One. Anything worth playing on it right now?

Forza Horizons is amazing. Gears and halo all BC. GoW4 and Halo 5 are both worth a play through but nothing special. A lot of people liking State of decay 2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Forza Horizons is amazing. Gears and halo all BC. GoW4 and Halo 5 are both worth a play through but nothing special. A lot of people liking State of decay 2.

Thanks, I'll give them a look! I don't suppose you know how the backward compatibility works do you? Do I just put in a compatible 360 game and it'll run it?