The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Holy shit balls, apparently my Xbox wasn't setup properly for 4K with HDR10 and I also setup Atmos properly, and Jesus titty fucking Christ, Forza looks mind boggling. Plays like shit but hot damn do those graphics blow my fucking mind, and the audio to go with it.

Also looks like Atmos is supported on some Netflix stuff on the Xbox so guess what my new Netflix box is... Bring on the RDR2.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
PS4 here. Unfortunately I probably won't even have time to touch the damn game until Sunday. Damn me for not thinking ahead and burning some vacation time.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
New Games Join the PlayStation Hits Lineup November 2

• Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
  • Until Dawn
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Need For Speed Rivals
  • UFC 2
  • Need For Speed
  • Shadow of Mordor: Game of the Year Edition
  • Dying Light: The Following
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  • Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  • Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
  • Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
  • Battlefield Hardline
  • Dragon Age Inquisition

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I was excited for Shadow of mordor GOTY to be cheaper, but then I thought well, let me just see what it regularly costs right now...

$19.99

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was excited for Shadow of mordor GOTY to be cheaper, but then I thought well, let me just see what it regularly costs right now...

$19.99

Yeah, it seems like a bit of a dumping ground for already cheap games. Dragon Age: Inq was going on sale for like $15 over a year ago

Stave

Potato del Grande
I'm buying a PS4 in a few weeks. I have a PC and have a ton of games on there, and prefer playing on PC, so I am only looking for console exclusives that aren't available on PC. I have been able to find a bunch of great PS4 exclusives, but not much info on what games are "console" exclusive but not on PC. Example, RDR2. It's not a PS4 exclusive but not available on PC. Anyone able to point out some of these for me so I know what is worth buying?

Also I plan on picking up the following PS4 exclusive games. Any reason I should skip any of them? They all seem to have great ratings on Metacritic and most of them are pretty cheap.
  • God of War
  • Spider-Man
  • Uncharted 4 A Thiefs End
  • Uncharted The Lost Legacy
  • Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Last Guardian
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Detroit Become Human
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • The Order 1886
  • Until Dawn
And yes, I am getting RDR2.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm buying a PS4 in a few weeks. I have a PC and have a ton of games on there, and prefer playing on PC, so I am only looking for console exclusives that aren't available on PC. I have been able to find a bunch of great PS4 exclusives, but not much info on what games are "console" exclusive but not on PC. Example, RDR2. It's not a PS4 exclusive but not available on PC. Anyone able to point out some of these for me so I know what is worth buying?

Also I plan on picking up the following PS4 exclusive games. Any reason I should skip any of them? They all seem to have great ratings on Metacritic and most of them are pretty cheap.
  • God of War
  • Spider-Man
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Last Guardian
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Detroit Become Human
  • Ratchet & Clank

Try this: List of Video Game Exclusives - Gematsu

As for your list: They're all worth playing. I would suggest you hold off on some good black friday sales though as you're giving yourself a big backlog. might as well get some good deals.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Try this: List of Video Game Exclusives - Gematsu

As for your list: They're all worth playing. I would suggest you hold off on some good black friday sales though as you're giving yourself a big backlog. might as well get some good deals.

Yeah that's when I plan to buy them is Black Friday, along with the PS4.

Oh I forgot to add The Order 1866, and Until Dawn. They are both $5 on PS store. Are those worth getting as well?

Thanks for the list. Seems very helpful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Oh I forgot to add The Order 1866, and Until Dawn. They are both $5 on PS store. Are those worth getting as well?

Haven't played either but I've heard nothing but good things about until dawn. the order is only like 4 hours long ans is barely a game from what I understand

spronk

FPS noob
stuff goes on sale on the PSN store all the time, i'd only get 2-3 games max esp since RDR2 is gonna occupy you for at least 50 hours which can be 1-4 months. I'd say otherwise get Uncharted Collection to see if you like that series, then one of God of War (norse/myth), Spider-Man (comic), or Horizon Zero Dawn GOTY (scifi) whichever genre you like more. Stuff like Until Dawn, R&C, Detroit, etc are good but not in the same tier imo.

Put all the games you want on your wishlist though so you can track when they go on sale and be ready to pick up the next one when you are nearly done with current.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Thanks for the list. Seems very helpful.

Bloodborne is on sale as part of this sale as well. I think for the game and expansion for 15 bucks. That is an absolute must buy in my opinion.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Bloodborne is on sale as part of this sale as well. I think for the game and expansion for 15 bucks. That is an absolute must buy in my opinion.

I looked at that. It looks cool, but I hated the Dark Souls games, so not sure if I would enjoy this one.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I looked at that. It looks cool, but I hated the Dark Souls games, so not sure if I would enjoy this one.
It's very much a "dark souls" type of game, but it's one of my all time favorites. I didn't hate DS games when I played it, but I didn't really have interest in them. Once I beat Bloodborne, I was obsessed and played through all 3 DS games right afterward.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It is very much in that vain but the playstyle is a bit different. Its more aggreasive and frenetic in Bloodborne and its more deliberate in Dark Souls.

Stave

Potato del Grande
It is very much in that vain but the playstyle is a bit different. Its more aggreasive and frenetic in Bloodborne and its more deliberate in Dark Souls.

Interesting. Maybe I'll have to try it if it goes on sale cheap or I find a cheap used copy. I don't have a ton of time for gaming all the time, especially uninterrupted gaming, so those real hardcore focus required games don't work well for me. I'd rather play a fast action game like DMC or something like that. But if it's more aggressive that would probably be more enjoyable to me.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

• God of War
  • Spider-Man
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • The Last Guardian
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Detroit Become Human
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • The Order 1886
  • Until Dawn

hmm I'd skip on Last Guardian(or put it really low on the list.. like dead last, it is good but Trico's AI is so weak and a real pain in the ass when trying to do specific things..), Bloodborne(don't go in thinking it's Dark Souls).

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
So I bought a PS4 (nonpro) 1TB last summer. Played under 100 hours probably.
Last night I was going to watch a movie with the kids and the PS4 turned on, and right off again. No signal.
No BLOD as far as I can tell, it just switched right off.
Got into the safe menu and tried all the options.
Downloading a new firmware failed (it shut off during download).
Using a USB stick with firmware worked for the copying part, but then when it should restart and install, it didn't.
Rearranging database didn't work either, switched right off again.
Knowing I'm well fucked, I said "fuck your savegames bro" and tried the "re-initialize" and "re-initialize with new firmware" options.
The final option seemed to work, I was able to log in and change some settings, but eventually the thing turned off again.

Now this is germany where we have some consumer rights and I bought it off amazon which is usually good too. It was a "graded product" though so I don't know what they'll do. Got a return label and am sending it in for repair.

Slowly trying to prepare the wife that there's the PS4 pro on discount with RDR2 and 1 controller for €379 currently. I want to hop into the electronics market tonight after work so badly but I have a somewhat repairable PS4 somehow. Feelsbadman.jpg.

I was able to fallback on the PS3 for the kids so they were able to watch Paw Patrol. Thank god I keep my old stuff. There's also a PS2 in the attic if I ever need ANOTHER backup DVD player.

Last edited: