The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
some gamestop areas have yanked all spidey PS4's until thanksgiving so they have some in stock for black friday tardos, some areas like mine don't give a shit and sold me 4 in one transaction. its just gonna be hugely variable depending on your area

i think kohls is having some deal with the spidey ps4 where you get like $60 in kohl's cash so if your wife loves that place maybe you can convince her to fight all the lesbians and go get it for you

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nice, got one. Came out to $47 with tax but I got a new PS4 to replace my day 1 version and Spiderman for the kids.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
Picked up a Spider-Man bundle today on Walmart.com for $199. Shipped right to my door.

Also picked up God of War for $22, Horizon ZD for $10, Uncharted Collection $10, Uncharted Lost Legacy $10, and TLoU Remastered for $6. Great deals today.

all new ps4s come with a 20% psn coupon

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Amazon has digital copies of Horizon Zero Dawn complete for $10. You're a fool to not get it at this price if you have a PS4 and haven't bought it already

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah man my backlog is all open world games now. RDR2, GTA5, Witcher 3, Spiderman (sorta), fallout 4, god of war. Now that I quit wow it's fun playing actual games.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah man my backlog is all open world games now. RDR2, GTA5, Witcher 3, Spiderman (sorta), fallout 4, god of war. Now that I quit wow it's fun playing actual games.
I feel like I missed out on two decades of games because of my MMO addiction that started back in '98 with Ultima Online. Just this year I'm getting into stuff, but haven't gone back , or attempted to emulate systems to go back and play things I missed.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of missing out... Bless you Black Friday!! and Gamestop open until 10pm.

IMG_0510.JPG

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider

It's interesting to see many people here say this as i feel the opposite. Playing games like EQ 20 years ago ruined open world to an extent. Many open worlds feel just like single player mmos to me. With most of the flaws of MMO's but lacking the player interaction that makes them what they are.

I like some of the big open world games but a game like Oblivion was pretty mediocre IMO! Skyrim felt like a massive improvement, but I never felt super engaged beyond the odd interesting quest as the main core issues never really went away for me. The biggest culprit is usually dull combat and/or an unfocused story. or having a fantastic, unusual setting like Fallout 3, NV, and 4. Even RDR2, so far a game I really enjoy. At times it feels a bit aimless so far and I feel the devs went almost overboard on the cinematic feel as the controls are awkward at best.

I've only played to level 14 or so in HZD so far but it seems like it could be among my top 2-3 games of this decade so far. Combat is fun/exciting, has a vast interesting story with many sweet set pieces so far. I hope that + GoW (excepting some story pacing/characterization issues, and with a few more different epic bosses and a few less ogre/troll reskin bosses) feel like the ideal Open world to me.

OTOH, I have found I absolutely love the focused single player games of this gen I think in part because it's what I was missing for so long playing MMO's. Even if they are "on rails" Games like TLOU, Life is Strange, Until Dawn, Uncharted 4 are all amazing interactive storytelling, imo superior to any movies I've seen in their genre recently. While games like Souls/BB, provide exhilarating combat/set pieces, and sense of reward for winning I never feel in Open worlds. Basically, it feels like I want the characters/story to be super interesting, and/or the core gameplay, usuallly combat to be top notch and Open worlds often struggle with both.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Many open worlds feel just like single player mmos to me.
You say that like not being surrounded by 24 random mouthbreathers is a bad thing.

In that same spirit as noodleface, I can finally play some of my backlog now that I play very little WoW (only crafting cooldowns and the emissary stuff until I hit exalted).

I actually bought games this year. Games that I intend to play. Hell I got Far Cry 5 and it's still the same year that it was released in, that hasn't happened in a while for me.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Speaking of missing out... Bless you Black Friday!! and Gamestop open until 10pm.

View attachment 183809

Sweet! I was super impressed with GS sale prices on most older PS4 games when i saw them on Thanksgiving. GS has the best deal for most games but in some the PS store (especially with that 20% coupon from a new PS4!), and occasionally Walmart of BB is superior.

My list for myself so far, the default is GS if not indicated otherwise. I already have a 30-40 game backlog on PC/PS4 and my goal is to spend close to nothing as possible on games in the next 12 months.

Horizon Complete edition 9.99, actually I got this last Sunday as it went on sale early.
Shadow of War 9.99
Uncharted last legacy 9.99
Witcher 3 9.99
Valk Chronicles 4 29.99 (ps store)
Monster Hunter World 15.00 (Target)
RE:7 12.00 (Walmart)
BF1 6.99
Star Wards BF2 7.99 (Best buy)
Titanfall 2 6.00
ME Andromeda 5.00 PC (origin)
FF XV 7.99
Dishonored 2 9.99 ( Red Box)

I also need to buy some Xbox games for my Nephew. I want to get them some cheap ones as my Stepfather spoils them terribly, giving them an Xbox one X last year and they want another this year for the second TV in the house, mind this the uncle buying this and he is not rich. So if anyone has some advice as to what to buy them for like 60-80 bucks total, suitable for a 12 and 13-year-old. I want to be able to tell them "Look I got all these for only the price of a single new game! and hopefully, explain to them how it's often best to not just buy every expensive product you want immediately and how in gaming this is key to being able to play many good games without spending a small fortune.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I might even have farcry 5.. I have A farcry, I just can't remember which.
I got a free Assassin's Creed with my motherboard or whatever so I installed Uplay again, found my old info, logged in to register the game and apparently I own 3 different assassin's creed I never played. Pretty sure all free from buying PC stuff.

I just don't really play these or other open world games much. Think I played Farcry 3 last?

Went through my backlog pretty hard this past year though, probably cleared a couple of dozen of games, some short some longer. I spent 500+ hours on 3 games combined(Vermintide 2, Dragon Quest XI and Monster Hunter World) this year so that didn't help, plus the usual PoE/FFXIV phases. Sadly there's just stuff that keep being added to the pile so it doesn't feel like much progress is being done, but I do like having many options depending on what I want to play.