The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
i assume there will be constant discounts and stuff, that $14.99 price is the monthly and gold/GP is $10+$10 a month. I'd bet you see the bundle for $120/yr which discounts to $50-60 a year.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
MS big dicking it now.
Monster hunter
Prey
Life is SJW 2

So many great deals lately on gamepass. sukik sukik and I have spent probably $5 for 9 months thanks to the deals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
gamepass will be $1 starting tomorrow (for a few days) so if you haven't subbed to it just wait a day

and yeah prey and Monster Hunter is huge, i never got into MHW but might try it out

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I bought MHW for full price and still haven't gotten around to playing it. Keep meaning to since I bought an X and a 4k TV.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can anyone recommend some toppers for the dual shock controller? The material used on the default controller has always felt oily to me, compared to my xbox controller.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They're more of a gummy feel than the stock controllers (either MS or Sony). Eventually they wear a bit, but not to the point that I've ever had my thumb slip off, and I've been using the same ones since 2015.

Most important thing is picking the right heights on them. I use a mid on the left stick and a high on the right, both concave.

These ones, specifically:
Image276-585x300.jpg

Not made anymore since they were for BlOps3, but they have newer ones that are basically the same.

spronk

FPS noob
Do they have a different texture, and can you compare them to the default xbox one controller material/feel?

yeah as vorph said there are multiple kontrolfreeks, if you go to any gamestop you can try them all out to see which texture you like best, they are "open faced" in the box. You can also buy them for xb1 controllers, so you have a consistent set between ps4/xb1. I use an elite on my xb1 and DS4 with freeks on my PS4 and switch back and forth no problem, the elites definitely feel smoother whereas the freeks are a bit sandier/rougher but I just like the extra elevation.

You could get something like a Strike Pack, it clips onto a DS4 and lets you have two extra paddles (map onto any button) like the elites or SCUFs/Astro C40s/etc
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/access...nator-controller-adapter-with-mod-pack/133887

I had one for a while but I just couldn't get used to it and detached them

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I love Kontrol freeks but ever since I got the Elite controller there is zero point for me to use them.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice to see Brook come out with that, though that little button to emulate the touchpad would seem a bit awkward to use.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Only a few hours left to redeem some Game of Thrones swag for your PS4 account.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So...

I am now on my 4th PS4 Dual Shock controller in since I got my Pro a year and a half and change ago.

Why... WHY... after about 5-6 months, do they have drift issues which I cannot fix and I have to toss the damn thing in the trash?

I normally have two working controllers to off-set each other if I lose a charge on one for longer gaming weekends. Within the time frame above, one of them always ends up getting some stupid drift issue. It's always the right analog stick. This time it's vertical, last time it was horizontal. The time before that it was horizontal.

I am getting tired of buying these damn controllers. Tried the blow on it trick, the cotton swab of rubbing alcohol around the analog plastic (To clear dust) and while I knew that wasn't going to fix it anyway, what in the ever living shit.

Anyone else having these issues?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I have three controllers and have never experienced anything like that. One is from my original ps4 and I think I bought the 2nd about a year later. The third one is from my ps4 pro which I bought Thanksgiving of 2017.

You must be a violent drunk gamer!