The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Gee what a deal on Xbox ultimate. The same price if you buy them separately.

Get a sale on Xbox live 12 month for as low as 34.99 and I bought 6 months of gamepass at half off once on amazon.

Took them the entire fucking gen to get it but man they are looking bad ass now.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
C40 TR Gaming Controller I don't know about $200 good but it does look pretty good

i had pre ordered this but cancelled for two reasons

1. you can't turn on your PS4 with this controller, you have to press the power button or have a regular DS4 to turn it on. my fat ass needs my controller to be able to turn on the ps4

2. to use it in wireless mode you need to use the included usb dongle, it won't work over bluetooth. all my USB ports on my ps4 pro are in use atm (hard drive / headset / controller), i'd have to get a usb hub or something.

The reviews are generally positive, its definitely better than the shitty SCUF vantage

• 1Picard

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why does no one make a controller like that for the Xbone? Just too hard to compete with the Elite or does MS have some sort of commandment like "THOU SHALT NOT MAKE A CONTROLLER WITH NON-RETARDED STICK LAYOUT." or some shit? I've been looking for a long time and never seen one.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The Xbox 360 is gonna be compatible with 8K displays because TV's that support it are backwards compatible via HDMI. Not producing 8K, it's a pointless selling gimmick and misleading to even have it listed. Actual 8K doesn't even have a standard at this point. 8K content needs to be fed directly to the display with a USB stick with an 8K picture/video file. Having a media drive is also a waste these days. Being backwards compatible isn't some amazing feat either, since they're still on an x86 platform using PC components. Something they should have been doing for decades but for whatever reason utilized proprietary tech and software (for copyright protection that's as loose as your mom, I guess).

We're at an impasse with tech. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are all using the same hardware, just at different levels with slightly better or worse OS. It's not long until games are released for Windows with full custom settings as they've always been, with tempered settings for the various consoles - there's no reason a PS4 couldn't play a PS5 game with shit toned down or reduced resolution. Or dynamic variable resolution these days that automatically adjusts based on ideal fps...

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just want a system that's backwards compatible.

Although, I've been playing some games on my PS3 I never managed to, and they look pretty good on my HDTV.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Newer TVs do a great job even up scaling 720p too higher resolutions, but having actual 1080p data helps more.

PC hardware wasn't at a point yet too were hardware was easily customized(at the start of Nintendo/Sony/MS consoles), now it has become increasingly easier getting custom CPU/GPU/ram because of the way computers are now "designed".. Plug and Pray systems gotta love them. But you gotta have games, and not just bank on your prior library if you want too survive right now, MS were the games at yo.

spronk

FPS noob
The PS5 hardware details (so far) were exactly what we were hoping for; even beyond what many were expecting. Multiple insiders have now confirmed it’s true Xbox “Anaconda” will be more advanced as rumored. All this means is next year is going to be AMAZING for fans of both.

consolewars_fc3df4_48850121.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
And as always, it will come down to the exclusives

who am I kidding

It'll come down to who are the fags (xbox)

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, Xbox has been shitting the bed as far as exclusives go.

Game pass is really the only thing going for it

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Gamepass is pretty awesome, though. Great games and several of them you can get on your PC as well. That said, I agree that Sony just kills MS on the exclusive front. I'll definitely be picking up the PS5 on launch.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Let's bring back the original Xbox controller. That thing was beast mode. Small hands need not apply.
They did bring it back last year kinda. They officially licensed an updated version made by another company.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Xbox has been shitting the bed as far as exclusives go.

Game pass is really the only thing going for it
They have been, but they've also been spending the last few years snapping up dev teams to expand their first-party line up; I expect that we're going to see the fruits of that effort start to show up at this year's E3.

Of course, all Xbox exclusives will also be on PC, and thus if you want to be able to play everything, an Xbox continues to be the one system you don't actually need.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
They have been, but they've also been spending the last few years snapping up dev teams to expand their first-party line up; I expect that we're going to see the fruits of that effort start to show up at this year's E3.

Of course, all Xbox exclusives will also be on PC, and thus if you want to be able to play everything, an Xbox continues to be the one system you don't actually need.

If xCloud even remotely delivers, 'also being on PC' will seem like a simplistic concept, compared to being able to play your library on most devices w/ a screen minus the Playstation and Nintendo family of products (and the latter not really ruled out).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So...

I am now on my 4th PS4 Dual Shock controller in since I got my Pro a year and a half and change ago.

Why... WHY... after about 5-6 months, do they have drift issues which I cannot fix and I have to toss the damn thing in the trash?

I normally have two working controllers to off-set each other if I lose a charge on one for longer gaming weekends. Within the time frame above, one of them always ends up getting some stupid drift issue. It's always the right analog stick. This time it's vertical, last time it was horizontal. The time before that it was horizontal.

I am getting tired of buying these damn controllers. Tried the blow on it trick, the cotton swab of rubbing alcohol around the analog plastic (To clear dust) and while I knew that wasn't going to fix it anyway, what in the ever living shit.

Anyone else having these issues?
I’ve never had that issue, but every single controller I’ve had has had a problem with th left bumper sticking. Like the guide tolerance isn’t tight enough so after you press it it can be at enough of an angle to catch coming back up.

Made sekiro a bit more challenging

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
With Microsoft being more PC friendly with cross platform releases I see zero reason to not go PS + PC instead of owning all three. I mean FFS, Halo 6 is coming out for PC at the same time as Xbox. What warped dimension is this?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users