The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Upgrading to a PS4 Pro later today (trading in ps4 / xbox), and I'm wondering about bringing in the save files I've uploaded to the cloud once I've download the various games I have on Playstation. Do I just open the menu on the game icons and "download" data from the cloud?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Upgrading to a PS4 Pro later today (trading in ps4 / xbox), and I'm wondering about bringing in the save files I've uploaded to the cloud once I've download the various games I have on Playstation. Do I just open the menu on the game icons and "download" data from the cloud?

Its easy like Noodle said but here is instructions anyways. Haven't used it often but I've never had any problems.

PlayStation Support

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm mainly concerned with my MHW save file. Would I download that prior to downloading the game (doubt it), or download it after I play the game once (and let it overwrite any existing save file)?

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I would download the game first and go from there but I can't say I've ever done with with MHW. A quick google search shows that it has worked for other people to upload it to the cloud and download it.

spronk

FPS noob

ps4 can only import saves for games you have installed, while your other saves are "safe" in the cloud you can't download them if the game isn't installed. if you have a tiny bit of extra time i would recommend finding a spare 1-2TB USB drive, and backing up your ps4 to that (takes 1-3 hours), there is a specific "backup my ps4" menu in settings that is simple and easy to use, you just check all the games you wanna backup and it auto backs the game and all the saves/profiles. Then when you install your new ps4 you can just restore from that and it'll load up EVERYTHING including all the installed games and all the saves. If you have something like PT this is kinda the only real option since there is no way to download PT anymore iirc.

I did that once and took the contents of the USB drive and uploaded it to my OneDrive as a perma ps4 backup, kinda dumb but i have 10TB on onedrive so why not lol

but yeah, even if you forget that just turning on your new ps4, installing MHW and it'll auto download the cloud saves if it detects you have no local saves. Its pretty seamless. I guess if you have played MHW recently just make sure your saves are uploaded, right clicking on your existing PS4 install of the game will let you see the uploaded/downloaded saves and the cloud storage should "match" local storage.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of back ups, has anyone used an external SSD for the PS4 to play games off of? Would it make much of a difference?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of back ups, has anyone used an external SSD for the PS4 to play games off of? Would it make much of a difference?

it works really great, just make sure the enclosure you get for the SSD has the right USB connection, it's really flawless too move around and load games off a external drive.

spronk

FPS noob
r3tg6vlnogc31.jpg

Borderlands 3 - gonna be playing on PC i think, lets you get around their key $$ fuckery although its epic exclusive
Call of Duty - ps4, i play always on ps4 and userbase doesn't die off like PC
Death Stranding - PS4 exclusive
Cyberpunk - probably PC

xbox looking a little weak, does anyone give a fuck about Gears of War 5 ("free" with gamepass anyways)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'll play Madden more than all of those combined probably, happy that's on PC now though.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll play Madden more than all of those combined probably, happy that's on PC now though.
I love the idea of Madden and signed up for Origins game pass last year when Madden came back out on PC, but I just couldn't get into it.

spronk

FPS noob
Spider-man for PS4 is $18 ($24 for deluxe) on PSN store

Gears of war LE xbox one X, its gorgeous. weird that gears 5 is releasing in basically a month (a day before 9/11? COINCIDENCE??) but i haven't heard any hype. of course, i still haven't played gears 4 lol. all the gears are on gamepass

RE3nNi2

RE3oL7C

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
PS4 Pro is sounding like a jetengine, when playing what I assume are hardware taxing games.

Google suggests cleaning the fan - anyone have experience with this? And if so, did it do anything to fix the noise?

The unit is roughly 1 year old.

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PS4 Pro is sounding like a jetengine, when playing what I assume are hardware taxing games.

Google suggests cleaning the fan - anyone have experience with this? And if so, did it do anything to fix the noise?

The unit is roughly 1 year old.

Sitting at the menu in Duty has my PS4 in screaming range on the fan, it's horrible.

Vorph

Rule of thumb is that 7100's are loud and 7200's are pretty quiet. Year-old probably means you have one of the last 7100's though, unfortunately. 7200 wasn't released until last fall.

I've thought about swapping mine for a 7200 to get a newer hardware and another warranty but as bad as people say it is I can't hear my 7100 even when the fan is really moving unless I mute the stereo, and it's about 2 feet away from me. If yours is really so loud that it's annoying, there are tons of videos on YT about how to clean it and it seems really simple to get at the fan. All I've had to do so far is suck the dust out of the vents on the sides of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My PS4 Pro was so loud I didn't even want to use it. I moved it to a more 'open' area on my entertainment system and it's much quieter now. I'm not sure if the system is actually quieter or just the acoustics of moving it into a different spot.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, it's probably not getting as hot now if it's in an open area, so wouldn't use the fan as much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Yeah, that might be why I don't notice mine. My stand has two non-enclosed glass shelves that are wide enough to hold 3 consoles/stereo components on each so the PS4 is just sitting there with nothing even close to it. The Pro dissipates a lot of heat from the top too, it's really not a good idea to put it anywhere that there would be another shelf right above it.

You also have to watch the intake vents that are in the side 'grooves' on the PS4. If your house has much dust and especially if you have pets, they will collect so much dust and hair that you can pull it out of there like a strip of felt if you neglect it for too long.