The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My PS4 Pro has started to do this thing where the network connection will just stop until I go in to Network > Test Internet Connection. It tests just fine then if I jump back to Prime, Netflix, Twitch, whatever it’ll be normal. Not on a timer or anything. Sometimes works perfect all day, sometimes hoses up every 20 minutes. Super annoying.

spronk

FPS noob
I bookmarked this era thread about someone fixing their PS4 Pro by reapplying thermal paste, never read it (i have a 7200 about a year old so seems safer) but apparently if you trust yourself and can do it, it can fix the problem

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sony really let me down this generation with their different colored PS4s.

I just wanted a red one, like the red God of War PS3. Damn did it look good.\

s-l225.jpg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Iirc Sony derped on that one and it wasn't a pro. They seem to do that with nearly all of their custom PS4s.

spronk

FPS noob
the spidey ps4 pro looked awesome, i have the god of war ps4 pro and the 500th millionth also looks really good

limited-edition-marvels-spider-man-ps4-pro-bundle-product-hero-01-ps4-us-18jul18

maxresdefault.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Either someone at Sony was just fired or is some genius, either way it's ironic

Laughing as I just saw this in the store last night when I was looking at new-ish releases. First thought was huh, I'm shocked no one had ever thought about that before with all the sims out there, bet they make a good profit.

maskedmelon

Orator of Superfluous Nothings
the spidey ps4 pro looked awesome, i have the god of war ps4 pro and the 500th millionth also looks really good

limited-edition-marvels-spider-man-ps4-pro-bundle-product-hero-01-ps4-us-18jul18

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm still running a standard PS4. Does the Pro have noticeable performance increase and a solid base of 4k games? Outside of 4k, is there much reason to get one?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Friend was telling me that the PS5 is supposedly to be backward compatible to PS1 games? If this is true then it's definitely a no brainer to buy one.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's the PS3 games that are the challenge. Everything else can be done, just a matter of the method (re-sell via PSN, PS Now) or the permission (licensing).

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
PS3 is the big problem with compatiblity, the CELL engine is such a pain to emulate.

but PS1/PS2 piece of cake hah

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Backward compatibility is going lose its meaning as physical discs get phased out. In a sense PS4 is BC as you can digitally buy many ps1-2 games already. You can play PS3 games on via the streaming psnow service.

I would wager most people who want to play old games will no longer own the original disc and would prefer them digitally anyways.