The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
microsoft updates their all access program, you can pay monthly for an xbox one X (or S) and in 12-18 months upgrade to xbox 2 (project scarlett). comes with gamepass ultimate so it is pretty much like leasing a car or phone, you get everything you need

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
The important thing in the fine pirint is you have to buy an additional 24 months of All Access when you trade in for the Scarlet. So you are actually looking at minimum 36 months of payments.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Probably a couple years away from any gaming news related to it, but happy to see progress towards something.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Sports title will be NCAA Football re-emerging now that the ncaa allows players to make money over the use of their likeness. Obviously a new battlefield.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Streaming over WiFi from my console to my phone giving me Vita flashbacks. I wonder when someone is going to make a handheld that works with the streaming services.

xCloud has been a good experience so far.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just picked this up at MS store.

E3C6BDBF-BF56-46A1-B98B-A70688A3727F.jpeg
6D85EBB9-CB15-43F9-ACB0-4FCF48441A17.jpeg
63789D28-F257-4B36-8E89-FA0760DE13C9.jpeg

My favorite part so far are the paddles. They feel great and unobtrusive.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I want one of those Arcade 1up cabinets, there are newer 4-player ones, figure that'd be the ideal starting point for a little mame cabinet.

Not that im close to pulling the actual trigger on one.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I want one of those Arcade 1up cabinets, there are newer 4-player ones, figure that'd be the ideal starting point for a little mame cabinet.

You can occasionally find the older ones for under $100 at Walmart. On mobile but there is a thread on cheapassgamer for it. I'm hoping to find a Street fighter 2 one cheap for a mame one as it comes with the six button setup. Wouldn't mind the star wars one either for the pure nostalgia/memories of Chuck e cheese.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

my dad got our mutually favorite arcade Galaga and he loves it. Nothing beats hearing the sounds of Galaga as a night light in the man cave.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
My favorite part so far are the paddles. They feel great and unobtrusive.

I haven't used left/right bank buttons in years now. I use my middle fingers w/ the paddles. Be warned tho, it is hard to go back to a normal controller.

spronk

FPS noob
I picked up the elite v2s monday, been playing every day The Outer Worlds on PC on them. Love em, they feel fantastic.

regime, two things to check out to make sure yours is ok

1. try to turn the thumbsticks, the heads should "pop" right off exposing the tension control parts. Some people have had broken thumbsticks apparently and you can turn the heads (adjusting the tension)

2. make sure none of the buttons stick, some people had A button stickyness. I updated firmware (with xbox accessories app, pc or xb1) and then did controller test to make sure all buttons click ok with no stickyness

It feels REALLY good in my hand, significantly better than v1. has USB-C cable, built in rechargeable battery, the pouch comes with a dock that lets you wireless recharge (I just use the USB-C cable i recharge my headphones with), and bluetooth connectivity.

The paddles are WAY better in v2, in v1 I took my paddles off since I found them always getting in the way but the v2 paddles are nestled in perfectly and unobtrusive, I may even learn how to use them.

If Xbox 2 wasn't coming out in less than 12 months I'd probably buy a second one, feels real good.

If you buy from microsoft store you can get 40k reward points I think ($40), and i'd also recommend the 3 year (!) warranty for only $20. I bought mine at gamestop since i had so much credit but I don't expect gamestop to be around in 3 years, plus I take really good care of my stuff.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I picked up the elite v2s monday, been playing every day The Outer Worlds on PC on them. Love em, they feel fantastic.

regime, two things to check out to make sure yours is ok

1. try to turn the thumbsticks, the heads should "pop" right off exposing the tension control parts. Some people have had broken thumbsticks apparently and you can turn the heads (adjusting the tension)

2. make sure none of the buttons stick, some people had A button stickyness. I updated firmware (with xbox accessories app, pc or xb1) and then did controller test to make sure all buttons click ok with no stickyness

It feels REALLY good in my hand, significantly better than v1. has USB-C cable, built in rechargeable battery, the pouch comes with a dock that lets you wireless recharge (I just use the USB-C cable i recharge my headphones with), and bluetooth connectivity.

The paddles are WAY better in v2, in v1 I took my paddles off since I found them always getting in the way but the v2 paddles are nestled in perfectly and unobtrusive, I may even learn how to use them.

If Xbox 2 wasn't coming out in less than 12 months I'd probably buy a second one, feels real good.

If you buy from microsoft store you can get 40k reward points I think ($40), and i'd also recommend the 3 year (!) warranty for only $20. I bought mine at gamestop since i had so much credit but I don't expect gamestop to be around in 3 years, plus I take really good care of my stuff.

Is that 40k rewards point and warranty only at physical stores? Didn't see either available on their website.

Edit: Saw the warranty offered after adding to cart but no points mentioned.