The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's stupid that back paddles aren't standard on controllers at this point. There are too many games that force you to choose between buttons and analog at times when you need both. Having some back buttons would alleviate a lot of it.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
IMG_20191108_101920.jpg

So I found my elite like this, this morning. Not so subtle hint? lol

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I had something similar with my v1 (assuming that's the grip on the back bowing out?) so I bought this:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, it is the grip. I'm gonna try out some gorilla glue on it later on when I get a chance.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah my v1 broke a few moths ago so I picked up v2. It's slightly better and feels a little heavier which I like but if your v1 is still good not worth the upgrade.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have any experience with PS4 Pro overheating? I am pretty sure this is what is going on. Hasn't happened recently as its colder now but it was infuriating. The machine would behave bizarrely before crashing/freezing (no error screen on PS4). Requires hard restart of holding power button or unplugging.

This didn't happen until I replaced the HDD with a SSD... as I recall.

It is on a cooling pad and eveything. I have no idea what to do about it.

spronk

FPS noob
i haven't had that problem but i've seen other people report it, one guy fixed it by reseating his CPU with new thermal paste but that sounds like an insane thing to do to me. mostly i'd just check your fan and heatsink and make sure dust isn't starting to build up around it, those are the two areas that would prevent heat management from working efficiently.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i haven't had that problem but i've seen other people report it, one guy fixed it by reseating his CPU with new thermal paste but that sounds like an insane thing to do to me. mostly i'd just check your fan and heatsink and make sure dust isn't starting to build up around it, those are the two areas that would prevent heat management from working efficiently.

I got an error now.

CE-36329-3

I've rebuilt the database and I am about to just full initialize I guess. One of the recommendations is to put the old hd back in? How would that help and why would a brand new SSD fuck shit up?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think it would fuck it up unless it was having the issue itself.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't think it would fuck it up unless it was having the issue itself.

I have another SSD (Samsung) in my PC with no issues. I find it hard to believe that the SSD is defective. What are the odds of that?

I either get a freeze and a crash to reboot with the error I linked. Or I get a freeze and no error have to manually force a restart.

Honestly no idea... I am getting pretty close to just buying another PS4. Pisses me off a lot though. Never had this problem before.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
While it takes time I'd at least do the backup and then start completely fresh before getting a new PS4. Is it just crashing with Death Stranding(assuming this is what you are trying to play) and not other games?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While it takes time I'd at least do the backup and then start completely fresh before getting a new PS4. Is it just crashing with Death Stranding(assuming this is what you are trying to play) and not other games?

Same behavior with anything. I either get weird behavior (odd in game lag, sound cuts out, or something) and freeze requiring manual restart or restarts with the error I mentioned.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Same behavior with anything. I either get weird behavior (odd in game lag, sound cuts out, or something) and freeze requiring manual restart or restarts with the error I mentioned.
i mean it sounds like you got a fucked ssd, return/replace? only way to tell is to put back the slow ass hdd and test (or buy another ssd and abuse return policy).

which ssd is it?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
i mean it sounds like you got a fucked ssd, return/replace? only way to tell is to put back the slow ass hdd and test (or buy another ssd and abuse return policy).

which ssd is it?

Samsung ssd. The one Sony recommends. You mean buy another and return to them the fucked one?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Samsung ssd. The one Sony recommends. You mean buy another and return to them the fucked one?
no, i meant buy it and test it out, if it works then maybe your old ssd is indead fucked(and return that one if you can), i wouldn't ever recommend hard drive swapping returns, you have no idea which stores actually record s/n and stuff.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
no, i meant buy it and test it out, if it works then maybe your old ssd is indead fucked(and return that one if you can), i wouldn't ever recommend hard drive swapping returns, you have no idea which stores actually record s/n and stuff.

I will try it. Worse comes i can put the kind of fucked one back into my PC. Probably works fine for storage and works most of the time. But can't really play games like this.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Being it is new, I'd do a warranty claim with Samsung or the store you got it at