The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
when did you order it? amazon just started their 3month return window (for xmas and stuff) so you got like a huge time to return it.

I bought it in September and I don't have any option to return it. There is a manufacturer warranty to 2024 so I contacted Samsung.

In the meantime I ordered another SSD.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I bought it in September and I don't have any option to return it. There is a manufacturer warranty to 2024 so I contacted Samsung.

In the meantime I ordered another SSD.
just complain to amazon, say it was bullshit and your computer don't work, "IDK WHY, COMPUTER FAIL!"as long as it was sold from amazon and not third party it's 99% guarantee they'll give you a 5minute runaround and then they'll send you a ups label return via email.

if it's 3rd party you might have to wait 2 days for authorization, or claim item was fraud.

i return a LOT of shit, lulz (not for nefarious purposes), but i abuse amazon with i try b4 i buy, like for instance i'm making cold brew nitro at home so i bought 2 nitro kits and returned the one i didn't like.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
just complain to amazon, say it was bullshit and your computer don't work, "IDK WHY, COMPUTER FAIL!"as long as it was sold from amazon and not third party it's 99% guarantee they'll give you a 5minute runaround and then they'll send you a ups label return via email.

if it's 3rd party you might have to wait 2 days for authorization, or claim item was fraud.

i return a LOT of shit, lulz (not for nefarious purposes), but i abuse amazon with i try b4 i buy, like for instance i'm making cold brew nitro at home so i bought 2 nitro kits and returned the one i didn't like.

I am actually not overly concerned. I can just get it replaced and put one in my PC. Just at a loss for what might be causing this.

spronk

FPS noob
either your ps4 is broke or your SSD is broke, just put back in the OG drive and see if it works any better. SSDs do fail, if your og drive is still fucked then you gotta replace the ps4

good news is there seem to be shit loads of deals on PS4 Pros now and on black friday, if you are a vet/armed forces aafes is running a vets day deal on it this weekend

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
either your ps4 is broke or your SSD is broke, just put back in the OG drive and see if it works any better. SSDs do fail, if your og drive is still fucked then you gotta replace the ps4

good news is there seem to be shit loads of deals on PS4 Pros now and on black friday, if you are a vet/armed forces aafes is running a vets day deal on it this weekend

I bought another SSD I'll be setting up today. I am making a warranty claim with samsung for the original one. SSD failing is just bizarre to me because literally have 3 of this exact same model (Samsung SSD 1TB). The two in my PC I've had for 3 years. No problem.

The one in the PS4 I bought in fucking September. But I never once had a PS4 issue until I put it in. So it being the SSD does make sense. But I will know for sure by the end of the day. I dug up my original PS4 drive but I am busy for a while today so I haven't bothered to plug it in yet.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Looks like a few months of Discord Nitro to be included as a new-subscriber perk for Game Pass subs.

joz123

Potato del Grande
If you dont own any of the Kingdom Hearts games (PS4) the All-In-One package which is all the games (The Story So Far + 3) is $33.00. Probably the cheapest they will be outside of cheap deals for the two separately.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trying to find a Black Friday website that will let me add all the games I want, and then tell me the cheapest place to get them. I'd think this would be part of nearly all the black friday websites, or even slick deals, but it seems not?

joz123

Potato del Grande
Trying to find a Black Friday website that will let me add all the games I want, and then tell me the cheapest place to get them. I'd think this would be part of nearly all the black friday websites, or even slick deals, but it seems not?
No such thing sadly. I just make make my own list from the spread sheets.

I was looking at getting a switch lite but man the prices for the games are stupid. I would use it for zeldas and mario pretty much.

Crone

generally specialized sheets have moved over to topical discords, like movies or games or sneakers or whatever. here's one from cheapassgamer for BF video game/console/movie physical deals, only one that hasn't realized their ad yet is gamestop. amazon tends to price match everyone.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cqMslQypWti54F36PZYZQ3qIH6buzJxbRjw4y3_hxHY/
So depending on what gamestop does if its not on that sheet it's not going on sale?

I don't see Luigi mansion 3 or jedi fallen order. I understand those are both brand new but was hoping for some kind of buy 2 get 1 deal at least?

spronk

FPS noob
target and best buy usually run a b2g1 for cybermonday or in early dec but sometimes they exclude switch games, just hard to say really

Crone

target and best buy usually run a b2g1 for cybermonday or in early dec but sometimes they exclude switch games, just hard to say really
Annoyed that every single PC game ever only ever shows Xbox control schemes, despite working with a Playstation controller. Thinking about picking up one of those Xbox Elite controllers, but not sure I want to pay $160 for a controller. Shit. I mean, it's awesome, sure, but still. That's a lot.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Maybe that will change, with Microsoft supporting other controllers w/ xCloud. Not that I'd suggest anyone hold their breath.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Annoyed that every single PC game ever only ever shows Xbox control schemes, despite working with a Playstation controller. Thinking about picking up one of those Xbox Elite controllers, but not sure I want to pay $160 for a controller. Shit. I mean, it's awesome, sure, but still. That's a lot.

They do this because xbox controllers have been the default PC controllers forever due to Microsoft creating drivers for them since the early 360 days. Sony doesn't give a fuck about PC, and the user-created dualshock functionality has always been iffy.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They do this because xbox controllers have been the default PC controllers forever due to Microsoft creating drivers for them since the early 360 days. Sony doesn't give a fuck about PC, and the user-created dualshock functionality has always been iffy.
Still annoying when a console port that was released on both consoles doesn't have both button prompts being ported so you either need to mod it or play with the wrong prompts. It doesn't help that the Xbox buttons are like the Nintendo button, but different, so it took me forever to get used to them. These days I can more or less press the right button, but I still hate any sort of quicktime event where I have to press a specific random button quickly.

Crone

Still annoying when a console port that was released on both consoles doesn't have both button prompts being ported so you either need to mod it or play with the wrong prompts. It doesn't help that the Xbox buttons are like the Nintendo button, but different, so it took me forever to get used to them. These days I can more or less press the right button, but I still hate any sort of quicktime event where I have to press a specific random button quickly.
Where as I hate the Nintendo layout because I'm used to Xbox/Ps4 layout. Lol

And @Dom I realize why it happens, but like Pyros said, it's annoying AF when development has happened for both consoles. I'll blame Sony though and their lack of driver support.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think it's mostly to do with the games not even being able to recognize what controller it is. It just assumes Xbox. There are some games that account for various controllers but these tend to be older or Sim games, and even then it's just for controllers that have specific drivers, like those old shitty Logitech ones.

PITA for sure though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Where as I hate the Nintendo layout because I'm used to Xbox/Ps4 layout. Lol

And @Dom I realize why it happens, but like Pyros said, it's annoying AF when development has happened for both consoles. I'll blame Sony though and their lack of driver support.

Well didn't have an issue with playstation cause it's entirely different signs(well there's a X, but can be considered cross instead of X) but I spent many years playing the SNES with a certain setup with colors and ABXY and then Xbox did same colors and same ABXY but different colors/positions and it was hard to get used to it. A large part is also because realistically I don't play games with gamepads that much, and a lot that I do I can mod them, so it took a while getting used to it, but it helped ignoring the colors and just considering the letters, and knowing they're "in order" with A then B, and X then Y. Still don't like reflex based stuff though as I can get tripped up, unless they also show the position of the button(like if it's Y it'll be up, and A will be down, which makes it easier).

I think it's mostly to do with the games not even being able to recognize what controller it is. It just assumes Xbox. There are some games that account for various controllers but these tend to be older or Sim games, and even then it's just for controllers that have specific drivers, like those old shitty Logitech ones.

PITA for sure though.

On win 10 it can recognize Dualshock controllers, only on the older stuff or when they use generic gamepad support does it not recognize dualshocks. A bunch of games that support dualshocks will recognize them automatically and apply the right prompts, but most games either you have an option to turn it on, or nothing at all.

It's not a huge issue in the end though just wish they were a bit more consistent, or they had some sort of "library" for button prompts so you can modify them to whatever you like easily, some sort of standardized system, but it's unlikely to happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user