The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any game that implements SteamWorks properly will have full DS4 support, including the correct button prompts. Uplay is pretty good about it in their recent games too. Other platforms, it's pretty rare unless the game's developer went out of their way to offer support.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Is the xbox one-s worth getting as a streaming/gamepass device? Already have a bunch of games/exclusives on PS4. It will be 150 for black friday.

Vorph

It's useful as a 4K bluray player, and it's a decent streaming device mostly on par with Roku built into newer smart TVs, but for games that would depend on what you're talking about. I wouldn't try to play Forza or Gears on it, but it's probably fine for indie stuff like Bloodstained or Void Bastards. I've been thinking about getting one at that price too, just for the 4K bluray. My Roku TV is more convenient than turning on a console, especially since both Xbone and PS4 are utter dogshit when it comes to DLNA/Plex streaming, and I can't think of any GamePass games I want to play which aren't also on PC. I'd probably switch over to it to play Lost Odyssey too, since I've been playing the 360 version of that off and on for a while now.

joz123

Potato del Grande
They just added a ton of FF games to gamepass which got me interested. Dont really care about GoW and games like that.

Crone

They just added a ton of FF games to gamepass which got me interested. Dont really care about GoW and games like that.
It's not too late to take advantage of the Rockstar a energy drink promotion. When you buy from Walmart it basically gets you 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate for the price of 1 can of Rockstar.
20191115_143639.jpg

Vorph

Some of the lunatics over in the Stadia thread appear to have not cancelled their orders.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, but it was the late 90s and I was hanging out with hippies. I'm not sure what I expected to happen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

What's the best "cheap" version of a Xbox controller to get? Just one of the basic white wireless Xbox One controllers?

joz123

Potato del Grande
Best Buy has some games for Black Friday prices right now if you have a mybestbuy account. Kingdom Hearts 3 is 15, The Story So Far is 20, etc.

fat12

Trakanon Raider
I remember you guys posting in the past as far as trading in your PS4 for ps4 pros. Is there an optimal way of doing this?

spronk

FPS noob
PS4 Pro is $299 everywhere right now. i'd just buy one and see if gamestop has a decent trade deal in Dec/Jan, prob not tbh the PS4 is on the death march at this point. Gamestop will give you $110 for a regular PS4 right now and you can immediately apply that to a PS4 Pro, not a great deal but I honestly doubt it'll get much better.

The BEST deal is getting a Death Stranding PS4 Pro since its really unique and comes with the game and a controller that sells for $100-150 on eBay, its kinda hard to find at this point though. Another option is the Call of Duty PS4 Pro, both afaik are the latest iteration that are the quietest.

Vorph

They still have +$25 bonus deals occasionally, I doubt you'll ever see a $200 for any base PS4/Xb1 again though. Last one was like 6-7 months ago.