The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
VR hasn't flopped. It's still young and grows better each year. Mentioning VR in the same sentence as Kinect is all kinds of "wat"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think that's a smarter move than launching only 1 console, and then a mid tier upgrade a couple years down the line.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They should concentrate on their 1st party title improvement above anything else currently. Microsoft needs to focus, because none of this means anything if they cannot get their act together on must have games. Considering anyone can play these on PC as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They should concentrate on their 1st party title improvement above anything else currently. Microsoft needs to focus, because none of this means anything if they cannot get their act together on must have games. Considering anyone can play these on PC as well.

They are. That's why they've been buying up dev companies to have a stable of dev teams under them like Sony has. What they're doing with xcloud doesn't interfere with that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
They are. That's why they've been buying up dev companies to have a stable of dev teams under them like Sony has. What they're doing with xcloud doesn't interfere with that.

They have a long way to go if they think that ninja theory and obsidian are going to compete with the likes of naughty dog and guerilla games. Outer world Vs Horizon zero dawn. Uncharted 4 or the last of us 2 vs... Hellunas sacrifice? And they all but shattered the Gears and Halo IP’s. Buying 3rd rate independents(even though I like obsidian) will not lead them to games such as God of War.

I really hope they do well, but State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, etc... were all jokes that takes into effect the best of their veteran Talent.

• 1Truth!

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So picked up a Xbox controller to use on PC so I dont have to rely on DS4windows. Man, gotta say it feels really good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
They have a long way to go if they think that ninja theory and obsidian are going to compete with the likes of naughty dog and guerilla games. Outer world Vs Horizon zero dawn. Uncharted 4 or the last of us 2 vs... Hellunas sacrifice? And they all but shattered the Gears and Halo IP’s. Buying 3rd rate independents(even though I like obsidian) will not lead them to games such as God of War.

I really hope they do well, but State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, Sea of Thieves, etc... were all jokes that takes into effect the best of their veteran Talent.

It's a step in the right direction at least, but man, they are very far off.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So picked up a Xbox controller to use on PC so I dont have to rely on DS4windows. Man, gotta say it feels really good.
Which one did you get? I want to do the same thing.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Which one did you get? I want to do the same thing.

the elite v2 is REALLY nice but at $150-180 its kinda insane and there are issues where like 10% (?) of people are getting ones with stuck buttons or other issues

otherwise they are all the same, you really missed out on picking up a few for $40 from everywhere during BF. They may run the same price right around xmas. I really like the gears 5 LE ones but they are all basically the same, so just pick colors you like. If you want to splurge you can design your own color set

the purge trooper one seems cool but its ludicrously priced at $140, i'd expect it to go on a deep clearance discount next year for $70 tho

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The xbox wireless controllers are so much better than the dualshocks. The $50 I paid for mine was well worth it just for PC games.

• 2Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wish they had sales on controllers in EU but all that shit never drops more than like 3-4euros because of all the taxes I'd assume, I kinda want to try a xbox controller at some point and see how it works out. Probably will wait until my current DS4 dies though, no real point until then. Hell by the time it dies they might have Scarlet controllers instead too.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I love my Wired Xbox Controller (360) for PC. I do not like the Xbox One Controllers. Dual Shock for me is a lot better, but yeah they are a nightmare to configure with PC.

• 2Solidarity

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of controllers, the rubber on my left joystick is finally breaking apart. Is there a solid replacement that doesn't involve an attachment, or replacing the entire stick? It's the Sea of Thieves controller, so it has a unique feel and rubber on the cap, so it's a shame it's degraded. I'm not looking for a stick "cover" that goes over the existing rubber, or an attachment that increases the height of the stick, which seems are all I can find.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Xbox One Sport models, with the rubber grips look freakin' awesome! I wish they had more colors available, or that the "diamond" rubber grip was something you could customize.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Speaking of controllers, the rubber on my left joystick is finally breaking apart. Is there a solid replacement that doesn't involve an attachment, or replacing the entire stick? It's the Sea of Thieves controller, so it has a unique feel and rubber on the cap, so it's a shame it's degraded. I'm not looking for a stick "cover" that goes over the existing rubber, or an attachment that increases the height of the stick, which seems are all I can find.

This might be the closest. Not sure of the color pattern though.

Edit: Nevermind you didn't want the caps.

Disregard.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
VR hasn't flopped. It's still young and grows better each year. Mentioning VR in the same sentence as Kinect is all kinds of "wat"

It'll be great to check out Pantheon with my VR.

• 1Worf