The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Which one did you get? I want to do the same thing.
just the standard black/white xbox controller since they were $40. Sucks it uses actual batteries for wireless unlike the PS4 but it does have a micro usb port to plug in directly. Triggers are more curved then the dual shock 4 and the rumble (if you're into that) seems to have way more range.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I love my Wired Xbox Controller (360) for PC. I do not like the Xbox One Controllers. Dual Shock for me is a lot better, but yeah they are a nightmare to configure with PC.

yikes try the elite then. I can't stand the dualshockers. Super flimsy I cant believe they never came out with a offical dualschocker elite.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
yikes try the elite then. I can't stand the dualshockers. Super flimsy I cant believe they never came out with a offical dualschocker elite.

The day I spend $150 on a controller is the day I stop being a republican.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've been using my SN30 Pro+ for a few months now and it's by far my favorite PC controller. DS4 is mostly fine if you're playing Steam/GOG/Uplay games, but anything else will require DS4Windows and won't have correct button prompts unless the game is programmed for it or a user mod exists. And I've never gotten the Bluetooth connection to be perfectly stable regardless of whether I use a USB dongle or the Intel 9260 m.2 card+antennas I have now. The 8bitdo controller works flawlessly over BT though, and since it's a standard XInput controller there's no issue with playing games from other sources, old games, emulators, etc.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Especially for a controller that is notoriously a piece of shit.

No doubt. Glued on rubber falling off, same over time drift issues all the controllers have, etc. But hey, get yours today for the low price of a console because the Elite 2 will be compatible with Scarlet. Which if you buy now you have a 30% chance of it still working correctly when that console hits the market.

But hey you can adjust the tension to be the same as the original Xbox 360 controller :p

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have to buy my second DS4 controller for my ps4 pro tomorrow. They are just pieces of shit. Can't find a brand that just sells a well made, durable basic DS4 controller. They just want to sell you a bunch of unneeded features to jack up the price. Been using the same xb1 controller on PC for 2yrs now, no issues.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I have to buy my second DS4 controller for my ps4 pro tomorrow. They are just pieces of shit. Can't find a brand that just sells a well made, durable basic DS4 controller. They just want to sell you a bunch of unneeded features to jack up the price. Been using the same xb1 controller on PC for 2yrs now, no issues.

Ds4 designed for small hands too :/

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

I have been through a couple DS controllers as well with Drift issues. I cannot stand my Xbox One Controller that came with my One X - just feels completely cheap and flimsy, but I refuse to pay the price of a console for a controller. Last controller that was good was the 360 controller - and I still have my wired controller which works flawlessly for my PC gaming.

I wish they had never deviated from the 360 controller.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Miss the DS3 too death. Absolutely loved that fucking controller. Used it for Rocket League for the longest time. DS4 has always felt somewhat "wrong" compared to the DS3s, then again probably just the fact that I played thousands of hours on the DS3s, and maybe a few hundred on the DS4.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The best controller is the Switch or Wii U Pro Controller. Long ass battery life, and it's pretty reliable. I love the DS4 to death also, but the battery life on the damn thing is terrible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The best controller is the Switch or Wii U Pro Controller. Long ass battery life, and it's pretty reliable. I love the DS4 to death also, but the battery life on the damn thing is terrible.

Did you change your blackhawks avatar lol

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I get a new DS4 each black friday, 3 years in a row now. I also have a fancy aimcontrollers one with paddles that I get a ton of mileage out of. Unfortunately the right stick is starting to drift...

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Speaking of controllers, the rubber on my left joystick is finally breaking apart. Is there a solid replacement that doesn't involve an attachment, or replacing the entire stick? It's the Sea of Thieves controller, so it has a unique feel and rubber on the cap, so it's a shame it's degraded. I'm not looking for a stick "cover" that goes over the existing rubber, or an attachment that increases the height of the stick, which seems are all I can find.

Gears 5 and eliteV1/V2 are the only other ones I know of. That SoT is a nice looking controller.

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Speaking of controllers, the rubber on my left joystick is finally breaking apart. Is there a solid replacement that doesn't involve an attachment, or replacing the entire stick? It's the Sea of Thieves controller, so it has a unique feel and rubber on the cap, so it's a shame it's degraded. I'm not looking for a stick "cover" that goes over the existing rubber, or an attachment that increases the height of the stick, which seems are all I can find.

Does the top pop off? What design is underneath? This may be specific to aim controllers, but they have normal size things. I THINK they may be proprietary to aim controllers though. Here's what the connector on the bottom looks like:

2019-12-05 14.15.56-1.jpg

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what I'm hearing is I need to go find a Wired Xbox 360 controller and live dat Bliss life?

I'm sorry Ut, I've already tried the DS4 controller on Windows 10, and the lack of DS4 button prompt support for so many games really irritates me. Probably more than it should, but is what it is!

• 1Like