The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Schreier ( the guy that brought up the HZD rumor today) is saying that he doesn't think it will be the only sony exclusive game to come to PC. Also, it's rumoured now that Dreams is coming to PC. And Death Stranding is coming as well which we already know...

I think I'll be holding off from buying a PS5 for a while after release. We could see Sony following MS' lead and bringing all their stuff to PC. One can dream

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I mean, make PSNow something closer to game pass and starting releasing more titles on PC and they'll get my money without having to take a loss putting a console in my house first.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
possible PS5 image leak
image0.jpg

Sony supposedly to announce all the official stuff Feb 5th, with a price of $499 for the Playstation 5. Only one single model. Release date of Oct 2020. PS5 will be 10 tflops (PS4 Pro is around 4.2, X is around 6).

Xbox will release two models, the Series X at $599 and the series S at $399. The X will be basically twice as powerful as the current X, with the S about the same power (slightly less) than the current X.

PS Now will turn into something more like Gamepass, you just get access to a big library of games for a monthly fee and PS5's will come with 3 free months. PS5 will be BC with PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, and PS4 although maybe some of that happens with PS Now?

Pre orders will apparently go live Feb 5th for PS5 so be ready if the rumors are true.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Schreier ( the guy that brought up the HZD rumor today) is saying that he doesn't think it will be the only sony exclusive game to come to PC. Also, it's rumoured now that Dreams is coming to PC. And Death Stranding is coming as well which we already know...

I think I'll be holding off from buying a PS5 for a while after release. We could see Sony following MS' lead and bringing all their stuff to PC. One can dream

It's a huge long shot but man I would love to see Bloodborne on PC. It would be a day 1 full price double dip purchase for me.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
MS is doing a weird approach to this coming gen. All first party titles are mandated to be playable on current gen for at least two years, on top of the new gen. The games will be a single SKU and playable on what looks to be 4 different consoles. One S, One X, Series X, Lower end Series X

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
possible PS5 image leak
image0.jpg

Sony supposedly to announce all the official stuff Feb 5th, with a price of $499 for the Playstation 5. Only one single model. Release date of Oct 2020. PS5 will be 10 tflops (PS4 Pro is around 4.2, X is around 6).

Xbox will release two models, the Series X at $599 and the series S at $399. The X will be basically twice as powerful as the current X, with the S about the same power (slightly less) than the current X.

PS Now will turn into something more like Gamepass, you just get access to a big library of games for a monthly fee and PS5's will come with 3 free months. PS5 will be BC with PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, and PS4 although maybe some of that happens with PS Now?

Pre orders will apparently go live Feb 5th for PS5 so be ready if the rumors are true.

That thing looks exactly like my fios modem

spronk

FPS noob
The dualshock 4 back button attachment was released early (like 2 weeks early) by walmart and $5 cheaper than msrp, you can see if its around you here

I picked one up today morning. Its weird. Takes 30 seconds to hook up (attaches front-bottom going into headphone jack and sitting under), there are 2 paddles total (vs 4 on SCUF, elite xbox controllers, etc) and you can config each one independently to any button (single) and you can have 3 presets if you want one for FPS, one for SP games, whatever.

Works fine, doesn't really seem to add load to the battery or anything although it feels a bit thick and awkward. Doesn't rattle or feel lose at all. Hopefully a few hours of leaving it on will get me used to it.

Seems obvious its gonna be built into Dual shock 5's and this is Sony's way of letting you take your extra DS4s over to PS5

EOk7nQ-VUAAtSMQ.jpg:large

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

I like this approach. The retarded amount of entertainment people have to choose from these days makes these small insular ecosystems like console generations all the harder to rationalize a purchase for. It lets diehard fans still stay on the platform of choice, but opens up the rest of consumers that diversify their entertainment budget more.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The exact reasons why FF14 was never available on Xbox are the same reasons why that strategy won't work as a whole. Square runs their own datacenters and you subscribe to them directly without having to pay for PSPlus at all. Microsoft would not cede control like that or let multiplayer access go uncharged. I also don't expect Steam to loosen its grip on the PC market to let Microsoft slip through the cracks any more than they have to.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Microsoft is definitely taking the better direction right now, just need the games to make it worth it. Hopefully will also keep exclusives on PS4/5 heading to PC sooner after release than later.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Lmao so much for Sony exclusivity. Going to be playing Last of Us 2 on my PC.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
t just don't see how it makes any sense for Sony unless all the games will be exclusive for years before they get ported. No thanks if that's the case, and doubly so if they will be charging $40-60 for games that are regularly on sale for $10-20 on PS Store by that point.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
One thing to consider is that by agreeing to by Sony exclusive, these companies are giving up a lot of potential revenue in exchange for whatever Sony is paying them. Now that PC gaming is out of the shitter and rising, the cost of keeping them 100% exclusive may no longer be palatable to Sony. They might need to just go with a console exclusive and/or timed exclusive approach.