The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One thing to consider is that by agreeing to by Sony exclusive, these companies are giving up a lot of potential revenue in exchange for whatever Sony is paying them. Now that PC gaming is out of the shitter and rising, the cost of keeping them 100% exclusive may no longer be palatable to Sony. They might need to just go with a console exclusive and/or timed exclusive approach.

Yep I don’t see these games taking years to come to PC. Too much money.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The dualshock 4 back button attachment was released early (like 2 weeks early) by walmart and $5 cheaper than msrp, you can see if its around you here
Thanks for the tip. Went and grabbed one of these today, seeing as I already had it preordered from Amazon and it's $5 cheaper in store. Tip for anyone else who goes looking for one: there's a pretty good chance your Walmart isn't going to have it stocked in the Sony section yet. If Brickseek says they have stock ("In Stock, Quantity: #-#" or something similar, "Low Stock" almost always means there's none) then leave the page up on your phone and bring up the barcode and show it to someone in the electronics section and they will scan the barcode and see that it's in a box in back. Only took a couple minutes for the girl I asked about it to go find one.

I'm already used to having just two paddles because of the Hori Split Pad Pro on my Switch, so it was pretty easy to get used to. It has a bit more of a 'click' to it than the Hori, but there's not a whole lot of difference in practice. Only thing I really don't like about it is that I was hoping to swap it between my DS4s as needed but it was such a bitch to get on that there's no way in hell I'm taking it off the controller it's on now.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Hello PC
giphy.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've yet to see anything announced for Xbox or Ps5 that makes me want to buy either of the new consoles, like I did with Bloodborne. That could change with more info about Elden Ring, but as of now I'll wait quite a bit before getting either or both. All the games I love to play are on PC.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well Bloodborne wasnt even close to being a launch title

We had Knack, Killzone, and... Resogun?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
If the PS5 will play my PS4 titles quietly it's a day 1 purchase.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Remember when we had the bets on the sales numbers for the current gen and it was higher than 90% of posters were expecting? You can be as nitpicky as you want and wait for games you like but the masses are still going to lap that shit up.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
More games added to xCloud today:
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Destiny 2
  • Sid Meier's Civilization VI
  • Batman: The Enemy Within – The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)
  • Batman: The Telltale Series – The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Wasteland 2: Directors Cut
  • The Surge
  • SUPERHOT
  • Portal Knights
  • GoNNER - BLÜEBERRY Edition
  • Kingdom Two Crowns
  • Sparklite
  • Tracks – The Train Set Game
  • Train Sim World 2019

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Seriously considering selling my PS4 Pro to head off people selling/trading theirs once the PS5 officially announces. The money will either go towards a PS5 or just PC hardware if it seems like the games are definitely coming to PC.

Anyone have experience with this sort of approach with previous gens, or just has some advice before I list this thing?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Seriously considering selling my PS4 Pro to head off people selling/trading theirs once the PS5 officially announces. The money will either go towards a PS5 or just PC hardware if it seems like the games are definitely coming to PC.

Anyone have experience with this sort of approach with previous gens, or just has some advice before I list this thing?

There can be some early trade In incentives which means you don’t have to worry about the private seller route. Or you could just wait and see what their trade ins are vs. what selling would be. I’ll be doing the trade in option because of laziness.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There can be some early trade In incentives which means you don’t have to worry about the private seller route. Or you could just wait and see what their trade ins are vs. what selling would be. I’ll be doing the trade in option because of laziness.

My concern is losing value as time goes on. I could probably get $360 (cad) for it now, but with trade-in, it would maybe be $200, and that's assuming I even go for a PS5, not to mention that it would force me into being a release adopter. But, selling it now means I'm without a console for close to a year (not a huge deal)

spronk

FPS noob
if you live near the US right now gamestop is giving $275 trade credit for a PS4 Pro ($250 trade + 10% bonus on all trades) however thats trade credit only, you could buy $275 of psn/xbox/nintendo/steam on the spot or hold on and use it on a PS5 but i don't know the vegas odds of gamestop surviving until Nov 2020. Gamestop canada may have similar deals, albeit involving moose turds or whatever you canucks use for money

if you plan on buying an xbox one nice thing is that xbox wallet money is usable at the microsoft store (online only), i've traded in stuff to gamestop before, bought xbox.com wallet money, and then bought PC parts and even a nice monitor

otherwise phone apps like Offerup, mercari, letgo, and Facebook marketplace are standard places to sell used stuff but I never bother because (1) i don't want to get murdered over a ps4 (2) i've heard you get a lot of retards who try to bargain, don't show up, don't have the cash, etc. not interested in dealing with any of that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Maybe I'm sentimental but I keep all my consoles. Figure one day the kids will play some retro PS4 and laugh at the silly graphics

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't trust most consoles to stay functional that long. And since PS4/Xbone are likely the start of a long line of "basically a PC" consoles that will have BC forever, I really don't see much point there. That said, I do sometimes wish I still had my PS3 around. I want to play Demon's Souls again and always regretted never finishing 3D Dot Game Heroes, and can't get RPCS3 running stable on my PC. 3DDGH isn't supported via emu yet even if I could.

Speaking of consoles, I find it strange people praise the Xbone so much for media. Especially the Dolby Vision "support" ... first off on Netflix it isn't simply Dolby Vision like in my Roku, it's Dolby Vision: Console Edition which required patches on almost all TVs to support whatever changes they made. And it's really irritating that the console switches the TV to Dolby Vision the second you fire up Netflix, even though only a very limited selection of Netflix content (basically the shows/movies they make themselves) is actually encoded for it. Still having horrible flickering issues unless I turn off DV in settings, but I stopped trying to fix it after realizing there was no reason to ever watch Netflix through my console rather than the Roku TV app.

And then the big one: the 4K Bluray player everyone talks about being the Xbox S/X's big advantage....... has no Dolby Vision whatsoever.

I don't regret buying it given that I paid less than 200 for the X and it will be my choice for multiplats this year once I finally get used to the controller, but still... a 4K BR without DV is just as retarded as a 'premium' console with no 4K BR at all.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wouldn't trust most consoles to stay functional that long. And since PS4/Xbone are likely the start of a long line of "basically a PC" consoles that will have BC forever, I really don't see much point there. That said, I do sometimes wish I still had my PS3 around. I want to play Demon's Souls again and always regretted never finishing 3D Dot Game Heroes, and can't get RPCS3 running stable on my PC. 3DDGH isn't supported via emu yet even if I could.

Speaking of consoles, I find it strange people praise the Xbone so much for media. Especially the Dolby Vision "support" ... first off on Netflix it isn't simply Dolby Vision like in my Roku, it's Dolby Vision: Console Edition which required patches on almost all TVs to support whatever changes they made. And it's really irritating that the console switches the TV to Dolby Vision the second you fire up Netflix, even though only a very limited selection of Netflix content (basically the shows/movies they make themselves) is actually encoded for it. Still having horrible flickering issues unless I turn off DV in settings, but I stopped trying to fix it after realizing there was no reason to ever watch Netflix through my console rather than the Roku TV app.

And then the big one: the 4K Bluray player everyone talks about being the Xbox S/X's big advantage....... has no Dolby Vision whatsoever.

I don't regret buying it given that I paid less than 200 for the X and it will be my choice for multiplats this year once I finally get used to the controller, but still... a 4K BR without DV is just as retarded as a 'premium' console with no 4K BR at all.
Maybe. I'm one of those dudes that almost always buys physical games unless there's a compelling reason. So I would hope at least that the single player on these games still works for a long time. I could care less about anything network related. That said I currently own a PSX, PS2, PS3, PS4, Original Xbox, NES, SNES, N64, 3dsxl, original nintendo ds, .... and... virtualboy

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users