The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Companies lose money on consoles anyways don't they
At first yes, they usually become cheaper to produce as it goes so they eventually start gaining a bit of money back, but it's not really that much, most of the money is from shit like the online passes both consoles require and the small amount of money every single game that's released on the platform earn them.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They never made money on consoles and they don’t care about the hardware sales. They just want the target market to hit. From there, it’s software and licensing where the money comes in. They will loss lead systems all day if it guarantees them a 50 Million install base to work with.

With that said, and unfortunately, the new business model is gaas and subscriptions. We will slowly see more and more game pass services and less and less effort for first party releases within that service as they now try to switch the model I talked about above, to targeting an install base on software to sell services into and the end result will be more free to play game launches within a sub you have to pay for to access and then MTX the living fuck out of you.

it’s why games are on ps plus and game pass and even psnow to begin with. Publishers get a percentage of the overall total downloads per unit, and then you will usually only ever see standard editions of games so they can plug the base software install and sell DLC or MTX.

And early access and kick starter. Don’t even get me started on that bullshit scam. 70% of those games are already funded by a publisher while creating a no name indie to sucker people in to off setting development. Fucking joke.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What people? I'm sure they have a dumb name for their subset too.

Does anyone actually expect 2021 games to be variable frame rate with devs trying to squeak out 70-80 FPS in limited sections?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I expect them to be variable frame rate and them trying to eek out 50-60 fps in limited sections.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
all the kingdom hearts games on PS4 for $30

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
147031C5-B37A-4688-B50A-EBB47E270B50.jpeg

CUH-7218C, hmm. I wonder what they changed this time, besides the 2TB HDD. Should’ve made a slim at some point.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So after Minecraft got introduced into my household, competition for the family room TV + Ps4 turned into Thunderdome between the adults and kids in this quarantine. So my brother in law was like hey I got a Ps4, just hook it up in your room. Sweet! Hooked it up to my LG OLED, and it's not detecting HDR? Wtf? TV used to be the family room TV and I've seen HDR work on it before, from a different Ps4. Changed inputs, changed cables, nothing seems to be working? TV settings haven't changed. Wtf this honky Ps4 not giving me HDR?!

Edit: Figured it out. Somehow none of the HDMI inputs were set for Ultra HD in the TV settings. Fixed that, and it worked right away!

Last edited:

Vorph

Personally I'd cross out FFVII and replace it with Nioh 2 on the Playstation side.

Xbox isn't sitting idle though, it might not be exclusive but at least it has the best version of RE3. Too bad the game is mediocre as hell compared to RE2 though.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So with all of the TVs in the house being used much more lately the PS4 was pretty much non existent till today. Remote Play to the rescue! In order to get to a zero latency setup I've got the PS4 direct connect to my PC on a shared connection, works great compared to no PS4 at all.

Untitled.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

So this COVID crap has finally forced me to get some family accounts going, as everyone wants their own save of a game, and a lot of games apparently don't do the greatest at keeping games seperate...

So, I have my main account, and has PS Plus, and I need to create an account for my Wife, and my son. Those will be linked to my main account somehow, so they get the benefits of the digital games, and PS Plus, is that how it works?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
So this COVID crap has finally forced me to get some family accounts going, as everyone wants their own save of a game, and a lot of games apparently don't do the greatest at keeping games seperate...

So, I have my main account, and has PS Plus, and I need to create an account for my Wife, and my son. Those will be linked to my main account somehow, so they get the benefits of the digital games, and PS Plus, is that how it works?

They will be able to use your PS Plus to get online but their saves will only be local to that PS4, not cloud saves like yours.

Vorph

PS Now is 45 bucks for a year on the PS store. Is it worth it?
IMO no, but it depends a lot on whether or not you played everything good on PS3-4 already. There should still be a free trial for the first month.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I would mostly use it for a bunch of PS2 and maybe some PS3 games.
Also that 45 dollars deal you cant have an account already.