The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

spronk

FPS noob
might be fake/false but seems legit

EUnDIdtWsAEz_Us

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Definitely fake. He’s a pigeon for MS and usually tweets on windows central of all places. MS is fucked because of a plethora of main stream 1st party exclusives launching in the system launch window for Sony (I would guess last of us 2, ghosts, and HZD2, and MS has jack shit save a desperate company trying to fix Halo’s reputation.

Microsoft knows they are fucked. So here comes the smoke and mirror gambit. Ps5 is just fine. :)

also turns out the loser he is quoting has lied on Microsoft’s behalf twice before.

Lol check out the rest of his Twitter.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hey by the way, Nier become As Gods hit game pass today. If you have not played that game, do so. It’s a lot of fun.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People saying PS5 has already lost is kind of insane. Console history has proven the most powerful console doesn't always win the generation. Sony has miles better exclusives than Microsoft, and that is really all that matters.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
might be fake/false but seems legit

EUnDIdtWsAEz_Us
Nothing about that sounds legit at all. Even if PS5 is delayed at all that doesn't mean Microsoft won already. People would still wait to get a system that has good games instead of another shitty Microsoft system with no good exclusives.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
People saying PS5 has already lost is kind of insane. Console history has proven the most powerful console doesn't always win the generation. Sony has miles better exclusives than Microsoft, and that is really all that matters.

They did the same shit last gen, Xbox wins and they got stomped the fuck out. I have no qualms who "wins" I get my windows games on PC and will probably pickup the PS5.

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Microsoft still hasn’t learned that unless you put out good 1st party, you lose. Period. Especially if those games also launch on windows.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok. I forgot how good Nier was. 4k60 as well on X.

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just can't do it like that. It takes a huge commitment and mental prep to start a new game. Like regardless of quality, I bought The Division 2, put 10 minutes into it and haven't touched it since. Can't bring myself to play it. Not sure why.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I just can't do it like that. It takes a huge commitment and mental prep to start a new game. Like regardless of quality, I bought The Division 2, put 10 minutes into it and haven't touched it since. Can't bring myself to play it. Not sure why.
I'm the same with games lately. I've had Watch Dogs 2 to play for a while now, start it up and finish the first mission than uninstalled it. Think this quarantine shit is making me burned out on games.

• 2Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm the same with games lately. I've had Watch Dogs 2 to play for a while now, start it up and finish the first mission than uninstalled it. Think this quarantine Khorum is making me burned out on games.
Yea, and if it's been enough time I have a problem finishing some games, even if they are super good. I've started and stopped HZD a number of times, just can't get into it. And despite putting colectively like 80 hours into Witcher 3, I'm still not done. I keep telling myself that eventually I'll finish it, little bit by little bit. New TV series on Netflix are similar, but with shows I'll usually go hard on it and binge entire Seasons, then burn out, and not watch it for a year.

It's a shitty way to game, but we are all how we are I guess.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I disagree that exclusives win. it will come down to price. PS4 was $100 lower than Xbox on launch and that made a huge difference not the exclusives.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I disagree that exclusives win. it will come down to price. PS4 was $100 lower than Xbox on launch and that made a huge difference not the exclusives.

It's both. There are people who are going to look at the price tag and decide that way. And there are people like me, who don't care about the price, and buy solely for the games on the system. I bought a PS4 specifically because of the exclusives.

• 1Truth!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

As someone who buys due to the actual games/exclusives, I agree with this. What is cheapest, what's gonna allow Mom or little Joe to play the majority of games at the cheapest price point. What comes out sooner etc.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
the xbox one was a complete joke at launch, i think people forget

- it came with a mandatory kinect, there was no kinect-less bundle at launch which really fucked the price up
- it had almost no worthwhile exclusives for a long time and even now I'd really rank it as minimal, PS4 kicks xbox ass in great first party games only exceeded by nintendo
- it was less powerful than PS4 at launch, and everything has gotten muddier between PS4 Pro, X, etc

really the only thing microsoft has going for it right now is GamePass Ultimate and 360 BC, both those things are amazing. They seem to have done a lot of right moves in buying up studios over the past 4-5 years but we won't know until launch if they can actually deliver good games or if we end up with studios that deliver total crap like Fables Forever (cancelled), Crackdown 3 (shit), Halo 5 (shit), Scalebound (cancelled), etc.

I still don't really see how next gen consoles launch this year though, even if everything goes really well and a vaccine is developed it'll take forever to deploy which means a resurgence of covid19 this winter which means we'll probably be back to quarantining this winter. Thats not the kind of environment you launch $500 toys.

• 2Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Lots of people aren't going to have the money for new systems especially if they come out this year.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think what microsoft needs to do to address its lack of 3rd parties is to make it super easy to convert any windows based games to play on the Xbone. That way non hard core gamers dont really need a PC for gaming anymore as indie studios could easily get their games to the largest audience possible.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

- it came with a mandatory kinect, there was no kinect-less bundle at launch which really fucked the price up
- it had almost no worthwhile exclusives for a long time and even now I'd really rank it as minimal, PS4 kicks xbox ass in great first party games only exceeded by nintendo
- it was less powerful than PS4 at launch, and everything has gotten muddier between PS4 Pro, X, etc

really the only thing microsoft has going for it right now is GamePass Ultimate and 360 BC, both those things are amazing. They seem to have done a lot of right moves in buying up studios over the past 4-5 years but we won't know until launch if they can actually deliver good games or if we end up with studios that deliver total crap like Fables Forever (cancelled), Crackdown 3 (shit), Halo 5 (shit), Scalebound (cancelled), etc.

I still don't really see how next gen consoles launch this year though, even if everything goes really well and a vaccine is developed it'll take forever to deploy which means a resurgence of covid19 this winter which means we'll probably be back to quarantining this winter. Thats not the kind of environment you launch $500 toys.

"We've had dogs in Call of Duty before, but never like this."

I mean Sony just did a complete dunk on them and had the best E3 presser ever.

Just this segment lol:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Dont see why you'd delay the launch just because day 1 sales might be lower. You'll still get the same sales going term and you have to factor in people buying these things off to stave off boredom in case this happens again.