The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm mostly considering a PS5 so I can buy the few PS4 games I'm interested in playing but don't want to play on my shitty brick PS4 with the 20hours loadings. Probably won't be buying at launch though, unless they have some interesting exclusives right away which I'm not sure will be the case(and I mean exclusives that aren't on PC, as I'll just buy the PC versions then).

With the shit going on though I assume release date will be delayed a fair bit, especially since there was already issues with RAM shortage and what not even before the corona wrecked a bunch of China's production.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Canadian retailer Play N Trade Vancouver Island has opened preorders for the PS5 at CA$559.99. Converted, that is roughly US$396 or £318, which would make the PS5 a tiny bit cheaper than the PS4 was at launch ($399 or £349).

Sounds to good to be true

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
i'm not this huge a fan boi but it did make me laugh. i have no idea who Ponies are

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Whoever made this obviously had a lot of time on their hands in large part due to no exclusives worth playing.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Soygen Soygen Utnayan Utnayan lol @ the loud jet noise and Dolby reference. The best part was the Neogaf and ResetEra peeps. They cream out of their frontholes for Sony.

Whoever made this obviously had a lot of time on their hands in large part due to no exclusives worth playing.
I mean outside of Last of us 2, God of War 2, Horizon 2, Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2 and Uncharted 5: Muh Diverse scissor sisters there really is nothing I care about in the next 2 years on either machine. I’m not really into Persona Golden Pedo games and honestly the Gears franchise sucks. Let's hope Fable kicks some ass.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Lol that was awesome :p

That reminds me, Sony get of your ass and add Atmos and Vision support to your player and your game decodes.

tenor.gif

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Soygen Soygen Utnayan Utnayan I mean outside of Last of us 2, God of War 2, Horizon 2, Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2 and Uncharted 5: Muh Diverse scissor sisters there really is nothing I care about in the next 2 years on either machine.

That's a decent amount of exclusives.

I haven't really been following the PS-Xbox news much - Is Xbox really supposed to be that much better hardware spec wise? I've been PS3-PS4 lately (PC 80% of the time), but I can always just buy both. Then again the only shit I care to play on either is MLB The Show (don't have an option, thanks Sony) and the PS exclusives.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I haven't really been following the PS-Xbox news much - Is Xbox really supposed to be that much better hardware spec wise? I've been PS3-PS4 lately, but can always just buy both. Then again the only Khorum I care to play on either is MLB The Show (don't have an option, thanks Sony) and the PS exclusives.
I put in several Xbox exclusives in there too.

Last of Us 2 is PS4 release and I am pretty sure God of War 2/Spiderman 2/horizon 2 wont be out in a year.

Spec wise yes Xbox is better and it looks like sony's exclusives are weak in the 2020/2021 time frame. None of that matters if Xbox doesn't come out with their dick swinging early.

Sony wins this gen again but for consumers sake it would be nice if Xbox at least tries.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

I haven't really been following the PS-Xbox news much - Is Xbox really supposed to be that much better hardware spec wise? I've been PS3-PS4 lately (PC 80% of the time), but I can always just buy both. Then again the only Khorum I care to play on either is MLB The Show (don't have an option, thanks Sony) and the PS exclusives.
The xbox has better specs, but the specs aren't really that far apart that it'd make a massive impact. Xbox have been ahead of the playstation all of current gen too(the One is a bit better than the PS4 and the S is a much bigger jump compared to the pro) but that doesn't help your sales that much since most games are either made by small enough studios(even AAA studios mind you) that they won't bother making a better version for the xbox, or the difference is they use slightly lower res on the PS4 version(they have weird hybrid res shit so it's not like you go from 4k to 1440p). Some studios work more on the differences but even then it's relatively small shit unless you're a graphic fiend that can recognize all the visual effects used and shit, I'd say for most people they're not gonna be able to tell the difference unless they scale the framerate down instead.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The xbox has better specs, but the specs aren't really that far apart that it'd make a massive impact. Xbox have been ahead of the playstation all of current gen too(the One is a bit better than the PS4 and the S is a much bigger jump compared to the pro)
The original xbone was significantly worse than ps4. XboneX is significantly more powerful than ps4 pro, but your mid cycle upgrade isn’t going to convert many from one console to the other, only drive upgrades. You gotta get off to a good start, and xbone with a higher price tag and worse performance really crippled them this gen

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I don't care how powerful Xbox systems are. As long as their exclusives are still shit, I will always get PS instead.

• 1Like

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Lol that was awesome :p

That reminds me, Sony get of your Mario Speedwagon and add Atmos and Vision support to your player and your game decodes.

View attachment 258459

Sony's always been an asshole going with established standards going all the way back to Betamax or maybe even more in the hopes they become the standard. I remember like a weird mini optical disc in a floppy like disc case music recorder, the bullshit memory in the PSP, the bullshit memory in the PS Vita and their big win Bluray over DVD HD.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
The Last of Us Part 2 and Iron Man VR delayed indefinitely.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Worf