The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Found the guy that didn't upgrade his potato PC! I get it bro, triplets are expensive.
My PC can barely run Microsoft office, so you’re right on that front. But really it’s more that I have to spend all day at work at a desk and the last thing I want to do in my free time is sit at a desk.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
About the same for me. I've gone from hating TVs to preferring to play multiplats on my consoles while my newly built PC sits idle the vast majority of the time. I don't bother with it unless the game is just massively better either with m/k or an ultrawide monitor.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The problem with being decent is you end up not knowing who to hate more. The hackers or the shit bird hackusactions. I still laugh at that BF3 FoH server we had here and Brikker Brikker and I got called hackers for shitting on some lurker with our AEK’s on Op metro.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

The only place I can get away from everything is on my computer/office space. I'm there a lot!

• 1Solidarity

Brikker

Trump's Staff
The problem with being decent is you end up not knowing who to hate more. The hackers or the shit bird hackusactions. I still laugh at that BF3 FoH server we had here and Brikker Brikker and I got called hackers for shitting on some lurker with our AEK’s on Op metro.

Probably you mostly. And that kid with the Irish accent.

I play COD today and I wonder how I was ever decent at FPS :(

Crone

Same. Also my wife and kids use the TV and I barely get time on it. Haven't even upgraded to 4k yet
If I want to turn my house into Thunderdome, I could try and get on the TV. Especially since Animal Crossing came out. Shit, everyone in my house is addicted farming up fishes, so they can pay off their house loans. WTF this is a game people... lol

Good or bad, depending on how you look at it, my house went from 1 TV to 3 in the past year. So I've got my LG OLED in my bedroom now that I can at least use when everyone else is hogging the Roku TV in the living room. Have the Steam Link on that TV as well, so whether it's shows or movies, or PC games, or Ps4 games, at least I have an option now.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
LMAOOOOO Assassin's Creed Valhalla Will Run 'at a Minimum of 30 FPS' on Xbox Series X - IGN

Here's a gem from the comments section

Why would I be mad? And PC isn't light years ahead no more than how a X1X is light years ahead of a X1. You pay 4x the price of a new console and games look and run a bit better, but ultimately you play the same games.

Steam collects hardware set ups, which for some reason ign deleted my comment with the link, and showed the vast majority of PC setups are no where near the specs of an XSX. So how are they light years ahead when Steam proves otherwise? Just GPU alone less than 0.5% of PC players have one that's better than the one in the XSX

• 1Worf

Crone

I'm a ps4 fanboy because of the exclusives. But with game pass, and my 7 year old son, I want to get an Xbox on my house. It's gonna be way cheaper to have my kids play Xbox versus keep buying Switch and Ps4 games. I keep buying games on Steam by mistake that are on Gamepass for free as well and it's annoying. Lol

So... Since XSex is nice, but it's not really for me and my kids won't care about graphics. Wut do? Find a sweet deal on Xbox one X? Even cheaper and go with a Xbox One?

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
if youre doing GamePass, Xbox SAD (S all digital) are generally around $150-$175.

With the pandemic tho, prices are all fucked up as everyone is buying and reselling them like crazy

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They had an Xbone X for $200 for a very short time awhile back. I’d wait until at least they announce price and start taking preorders on the new one, you’ll likely see either a price drop or some deals when that happens.

Though looking on amazon it looks like the kung flu really did a number on stock levels for all of the consoles. You might not see anything under msrp for awhile

Edit: here’s where they had it for $199

Insane. XboneX down to $199

Vorph

I hope no one actually expected XSeX to run games like Ass Creed at 4K60, that's ridiculous. The power increase is enough to do 4K30 without checkerboarding, while increasing image quality a bit along with it.

That commenter isn't exactly wrong. The vast majority of PCs today don't have a stronger GPU that what will be in the next gen consoles. AMD's top of the line is roughly equal to them, and for nvidia you'd need a 2080 or better. What he overlooks is that the vast majority of PC owners also don't try to run 4K. 1080p is by far the most common and that's trivial to run at 60+ for any half-decent GPU. Personally I still can't understand why anyone would ever buy a 4K monitor for PC; 1440UW is superior in every way that counts.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Sony released the Playstations Studios branding/opening, to launch w/ the PS5.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I hope no one actually expected XSeX to run games like Ass Creed at 4K60, that's ridiculous. The power increase is enough to do 4K30 without checkerboarding, while increasing image quality a bit along with it.

That commenter isn't exactly wrong. The vast majority of PCs today don't have a stronger GPU that what will be in the next gen consoles. AMD's top of the line is roughly equal to them, and for nvidia you'd need a 2080 or better. What he overlooks is that the vast majority of PC owners also don't try to run 4K. 1080p is by far the most common and that's trivial to run at 60+ for any half-decent GPU. Personally I still can't understand why anyone would ever buy a 4K monitor for PC; 1440UW is superior in every way that counts.
Would be nice to have the option for 60fps with other settings turned down. I know some games already do that.

It’s kinda ridiculous what people are expecting these new consoles to be able to do at the pricepoint they usually come in at. It’s actually impressive when you compare to a similarly priced computer

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Sony released the Playstations Studios branding/opening, to launch w/ the PS5.

Makes you wonder if they are slow rolling releasing details because of production issues (either design or supply chain) that could drive major changes, or if it’s just to try get MS to release price first.

At this point I’m not even sure they are going to hit release for this holiday season

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Buy the cheap all digital one now. If you start enjoying Xbox gaming too the price will drop for the x sooner to series x launch. If it collects dust was cheapest entry point and still good for media hub. Sometimes frustrating if you see disk versions of games on good sales, tho, I imagine. Are benefits to having a second Xbox in the house even for just some co-op games too down the line if there is enough interest.

I got an S a few years ago and primarily used it as a media hub, but got game pass last black Friday and have been really enjoying the lineup. Just have to learn to not buy games. I'm pretty low maintenance as a gamer though, so graphics haven't bothered me and I find stuff to play no problem.

I actually really enjoy doing all the MS Rewards too. Can easily pay for game pass subs and more. Am getting $20 - 25 worth a month.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Personally I’d recommend against the SAD edition. The price discount isn’t enough to limit yourself to no discs.

Vorph

Would be nice to have the option for 60fps with other settings turned down. I know some games already do that.
I agree. I would never play Nioh 2 in "Movie" (1800p30 locked) mode when "Action" (dynamic 1080p-1440p 60 iirc) is an option, and it should be required for every action-oriented game to offer a similar option imo.

Makes you wonder if they are slow rolling releasing details because of production issues (either design or supply chain) that could drive major changes, or if it’s just to try get MS to release price first.
I'm still assuming they're playing a game of chicken with the price reveal, which probably means they know it's higher than people are going to like and they're terrified that MS might announce something lower.

Personally I’d recommend against the SAD edition. The price discount isn’t enough to limit yourself to no discs.
I paid ~$160 for my X and while yeah, it was a Dec. 23 special, I still can't imagine paying more than that for a SAD outside of the holiday season. Especially not today when I don't know how you'd find one at all unless it's price gouged.