The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's the worst timing ever for Assassin's Creed Valhalla which looks pretty dang good too
It looks good, but will probably end up a grindy-as-fuck MTX delivery system just like Odyssey became after they decided to raise the level cap for no reason other than to sell more xp boosts.

Yakuza's timing really sucks though. No way I'll be able to all the way through it in 6 days before Cyberpunk so I'll just get it in few months at 33-50% off.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Call of duty, cyberpunk, and Valhalla on a sale during Civil War 2.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I can’t believe how dumb some people are. Was listening to KFAN in the car and they had their gaming segment and said “well, why would I buy the series X when I can buy the S?” The answer was: “Well basically you are paying an extra 200 for an optical drive. So I would say it isn’t worth it”.

Come on! Where do they find these people and does MS pay them to be this stupid on purpose to throw off the moms and dads or are “experts” this stupid. Blows my mind. They then went on to state that Gamepass has hundreds and hundreds of fantastic AAA games and Sony will never compete. And that right there led me to believe this was a paid for MS advertisement.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can’t believe how dumb some people are. Was listening to KFAN in the car and they had their gaming segment and said “well, why would I buy the series X when I can buy the S?” The answer was: “Well basically you are paying an extra 200 for an optical drive. So I would say it isn’t worth it”.

Come on! Where do they find these people and does MS pay them to be this stupid on purpose to throw off the moms and dads or are “experts” this stupid. Blows my mind. They then went on to state that Gamepass has hundreds and hundreds of fantastic AAA games and Sony will never compete. And that right there led me to believe this was a paid for MS advertisement.

really...

KFAN?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
AC Valhalla will be 4k 60 fps. Gears 5 has been confirmed to be 120fps (presumably 1080p) on xbox series S

4ZTMqlM.png

spronk

FPS noob
huh xbox was supposed to put out info next week but the leaks monday forced their hands a bit early

• 2Like

Vorph

Guess I have to find a time when the local Gamestop is actually open and ask how they're handling pre-orders for people who want to trade in a X1X. I suspect it's not going to be easy this year, if even possible at all. :(

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Guess I have to find a time when the local Gamestop is actually open and ask how they're handling pre-orders for people who want to trade in a X1X. I suspect it's not going to be easy this year, if even possible at all. :(

They posted a $111m loss today, but they're part of the All Access program expansion along with Target, Walmart, and Best Buy.

Vorph

I just want to trade my X in and pay cash, but my concern is that most days when I drive past the one a half mile from my house the security gate is shut during normal business hours (not always though, it isn't one of the ones they're closing down). Supposedly Gamestop in general has started taking trades again, but I kind of doubt we'll see them offer almost the same price as they sell the used consoles for ever again.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
they take trades but they are only offering $175 on an X, irregardless of whether you are trading in or not. Its possible Microsoft may offer some incentives to boost trades but we probably won't find out till closer to release, and I suspect there will not be any incentive really - Microsoft does not care if you run an X or series X, and they lose money on every unit manufactured.

Sony definitely won't have any incentives, they probably are gonna be understocked on PS5s.

The all access program mentioned above is microsofts lease program, its like a phone you pay $25 (S) or $35 (X) a month and you get a console and gamepass ultimate. You can trade in your console every big upgrade (X to series X) and you keep it at the end of your 2 year payment cycle. They won't take your existing xbox, you'd be signing up a new lease plan for a series S/X.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If PS5 says they'll patch FF7R to run 4K60 that would be more incentive to buy one over any of their launch titles.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
R6 Siege on consoles getting free next gen upgrades and 4k 120fps by end of year.

• 1Like