The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Work sent out a spam fishing email today saying that “Someone has tried to access you Microsoft account.” I cracked up wondering if they timed it to go along with this Xbox release thinking people would click it bc of their or their kid’s Xbox. Assuming they aren’t too bright about using work emails for personal things or for recovery addresses.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anybody else who got delayed by Amazon, check your billing.

They just finally charged my card so I guess there's no more fuckery afoot after the Tues->Thurs bump on my Series X. Shitty part is tomorrow is not just a day off, I won't even have my car to go anywhere if I wanted to. It beats getting told it won't ship until the end of Dec. but still pretty infuriating.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It’s weird, I bought on from the Microsoft store on console and it said delivery 12/23 which is fine since it’s just in time
For when I need it.
But they authorized my card today but I can’t tell if they will clear that and charge me on ship, or if it’s going to stay and I wait, or if 12/23 is a placeholder and it will ship sooner

Vorph

Walmart put a pending charge on my card the day I preordered my PS5 which I expected to be a temp hold, but they actually took the money instead. And since MS charges for game preorders immediately rather than on release just like Sony, it wouldn't surprise me if they bill your card long before hardware ships too.

spronk

FPS noob
EmibTY_XEAI-Dd8.png%3Alarge

it didn't happen with my xbox, just drops right onto the vent. I think you probably need it running warm enough to push the fan a bit

• 1Repost
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I need the quick rundown on which one of these pieces of shit I should I buy if I get one. Do exclusives exist anymore?
Xbox is slightly better hardware and seems much more polished overall, Sony seems to have rushed to make it to market alongside Xbox. Xbox has the game pass which is a great value but doesn’t include every game.

Sony has actual exclusive games which trumps pretty much all of the above. If you created a list of the top 20 games of last gen you’d definitely see like 7-8 that were PS exclusives and zero that were Xbox.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I need the quick rundown on which one of these pieces of shit I should I buy if I get one. Do exclusives exist anymore?
God of War and Horizon Zero dawn are the only ones worth it to me on PS since they shit on Uncharted and Last of Us. I am pretty sure you don't care about the weeb shit.

oh yeah....

You should def get the new spiderman game.

jack nicholson laughing GIF

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
God of War and Horizon Zero dawn are the only ones worth it to me on PS since they shit on Uncharted and Last of Us. I am pretty sure you don't care about the weeb shit.

oh yeah....

You should def get the new spiderman game.

jack nicholson laughing GIF
Sounds like I should just stick with PC if those are the top exclusives left. Zero interest in those.

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
HZD
God of War
Spiderman
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Ghost of Tsushima

To a lesser extent:
Days Gone
Uncharted 4

If you are a cockfag:
TLoU 2

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
HZD
God of War
Spiderman
Bloodborne
Persona 5
Ghost of Tsushima

To a lesser extent:
Days Gone
Uncharted 4

If you are a cockfag:
TLoU 2
Nathan Drake collection was my favorite. The only one I didn't try on that list is Ghosts and Dog gone days.

• 1Like

Vorph

Days Gone is part of the free collection you get from PS+ by signing into a PS5. It was a bit rough at release but they fixed a lot of the issues and it's definitely worth checking out now.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Days Gone is part of the free collection you get from PS+ by signing into a PS5. It was a bit rough at release but they fixed a lot of the issues and it's definitely worth checking out now.
Yeah I enjoyed it quite a bit playing it like a year after release. Apparently it was bug riddled and not the funny kind, the “my game save is bugged and I can’t progress the game” kind of bugs. They stuck with it and fixed nearly everything though.

Killing the hordes was really fun, but kinda sucks that the hardest ones were the ones required to progress in the game. The story also fell flat in the second half for me.

spronk

FPS noob
ERA and CAG have spreadsheets for BF deals, nothing crazy really
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rLgl2TBu4LZG8_JE3I06FG2isbzEqVD-aLynSS61z7c/

ghosts of Tsushima will be $40 physical at GS and best buy, it was $39 on PSN last week and I expect it to be that price digitally again on BF or right after Xmas when Sony does a big sale. I'll be picking it up digitally whenever it drops below $40 again and playing on PS5