The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Sean_sl

shitlord
These are Xbox One exclusives. Fable HD is for Xbox 360. You are right about the kinect gimmick games though I presume most of the exclusives will be Kinect.
That 15 number is not going to be just pure "Xbone exclusives". It's going to include cross-generation shit (X360/Xbone), like Fantasia. It's highly likely that they're going to include something like the Fable remake in that number too.

Coral_sl

shitlord
That 15 number is not going to be just pure "Xbone exclusives". It's going to include cross-generation shit (X360/Xbone), like Fantasia. It's highly likely that they're going to include something like the Fable remake in that number too.
No, they are not. It's not even coming out on the Xbox One.

Sean_sl

shitlord
No, they are not. It's not even coming out on the Xbox One.
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. That'll be great. IhopeI'm wrong. However, I do not have any faith in them what so ever. They have not earnedanygood will in a very, very long time.

This is the exact wording at the conference: "Microsoft Studios plans to release more than 15 exclusive games in the first year of Xbox one, eight of which are brand new franchises." That's vague, bullshit marketing speak and that'll be spun to include any Microsoft Studio title, not just Xbone games. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it included that Halo Spartan Ops Windows 8 game that was just announced (which will probably hit XBLA at some point).

It'd be great if they surprised me, it really would, I love my X360. I'm not going to set myself up to be disappointed by them after the nonsense way they've handled everything so far though and their track record over the last few years.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I would need to rewatch the presentation to see in which context he said we'd get 15 exclusives. He could have been saying from MS as a whole or just XB1.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, Pachter going to Pachter:https://equities.wedbush.com/clients...shJvs14174.pdf

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mis...ices-under-400

For the Xbox One, if there are in fact no meaningful subsidies, we believe a starting price of $399 makes sense given that the Xbox 360
Pro debuted at that price point in November 2005. Our estimate of the bill of materials for the Xbox One (based upon speculation
regarding many of the specs) is around $325, suggesting that Microsoft could make a modest profit at the $399 price point. For the
PS4, we remain confident that the new console will have a lower initial MSRP than the PS3, which had a lofty starting price of $599 that
we believe negatively impacted its long-term popularity. We expect the PS4 to debut at $349, as our estimate of the bill of materials is
$275.
I really do not see the PS4 launching that low, even if the bill of materials really is that low. I highly doubt any package for it will be below $399.99. It'd be nice if the Xbone does go as low as $399.99 though, since we were all fearing a $500 launch for non-subsidized boxes.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I've avoided handhelds since conception, so just what is so great about cross-play?
Being able to goof around playing something in bed or on the shitter, or when the wife/kids are occupying the living room system would be cool. I always thought the Vita was a sexy little device but could never justify the purpose. I know the 3DS has a ton of titles too, but I feel like I can get that type of game on my phone/ipad.

KOTOR on the Ipad is pretty sweet!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The Witness makes me wonder wtf Cyan has been doing all these years. I mean, other than Uru and whatever happened there.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Being able to goof around playing something in bed or on the shitter, or when the wife/kids are occupying the living room system would be cool. I always thought the Vita was a sexy little device but could never justify the purpose. I know the 3DS has a ton of titles too, but I feel like I can get that type of game on my phone/ipad.

KOTOR on the Ipad is pretty sweet!
I have a Vita now, and I find myself using it more than any console exactly for the reason given. Can pause any game at any time and play wherever in the house, changing rooms whenever something comes up. There is still a shortage of games (though there are some very good ones), but the killer for it is still the super overpriced shitty proprietary memory cards.

Being able to stream ps4 games directly to the Vita would bypass both downsides, though I'm skeptical as to how the controls will work on the vita for ps4 games.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
DriveClub looks to be the only PS4 exclusive that really gets my attention, but as a huge car geek a good driving game is almost a system seller all by itself.

Killzone seems... meh? I played KZ2 I think and don't really remember it, that series seems outclassed by Halo/Gears. Am I missing something?

If DriveClub is as good as it looks, then it will be a day 1 purchase along with Forza and the Xbone... GT6 I am hopeful for, but GT5 was hugely disappointing. It looks amazing and drives amazingly, but the sounds weren't that great and the career mode was confusing and boring. I think the Forza team caught up to and overtook GT this gen.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
AMD released a promotional video to show off some of the early possibilities of the new PS4 & Xbone's CPU & GPU. Assuming this isn't pre-rendered, it looks good. Time will tell, I guess.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That was bizarre! But cool!
This is more bizarre, but funny.

ZirY22H.gif

ZirY22H.gif

Szlia

Where does the price difference in components come from between the Xbone and the PS4? Kinect is super expensive to build compared to the PS Eye? Sony sell them Blue Ray drives at a "friendly" price?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
These are Xbox One exclusives. Fable HD is for Xbox 360. You are right about the kinect gimmick games though I presume most of the exclusives will be Kinect.
Just rewatched that part of the conference "We will have 15 exclusive titles launching next year..." no mention in the sentence of XBone or X360 specifying system for the games - it's not unreasonable to think that he means Microsoft gaming consoles in general with that number. (Especially looking at their history with exclusive quantity)

There's an implication because they mention it's within the "XBone launch year" - but why would you choose a wording to allow you to fudge the numbers and add both systems together and not actually add them together?

Especially when it's an unrealistically high number.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Where does the price difference in components come from between the Xbone and the PS4? Kinect is super expensive to build compared to the PS Eye? Sony sell them Blue Ray drives at a "friendly" price?
Basically, the APUs of both chips should cost around the same (see digital foundry's xbox one spec analysis for more info -http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...lysis-xbox-one), but the GDDR5 ram in the PS4 should be more costly than the DDR3 ram used in the Xbox One. It's estimated that the GDDR5 ram should account for an extra $30-50~ on the BOM. The extra costs for the Xbox One are related to the Kinect, the HDMI in, and a few other bits and pieces.