The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I dig the kinect voice integration in games and the OS. If its done even better on the Xbone then that is pretty cool. I don't care for any of the arm flailing though.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So I haven't owned a console since SNES and I did my usual thing when looking into this gen:

1) eliminate games that are also on PC
2) eliminate games with free aiming. (fps/most tps etc) I've used a mouse since the invention of the genre so aiming with a joystick feels fucking retarded
3) eliminate motion games because they are all shit
4) look at what is left, see if I'm excited about playing any of it.

1-3 leaves what?

Sean_sl

shitlord
the playstation eye is actually sold separately according to some stuff dug up on neogaf
Hrm, I could see thempossiblydoing a $349 model like Pachter/Wedbush is "predicting" then if that's true. I cannot give any fucks what so ever about the PS4 camera crap and it'd be nice to not have to pay for it in a PS4 bundle if I don't have to.

It's really a shame that Microsoft is forcing everyone to pay for a Kinect 2.0, I definitely regret buying my original Kinect and I can't see myself caring about the next one no matter how much they improve it.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So I haven't owned a console since SNES and I did my usual thing when looking into this gen:

1) eliminate games that are also on PC
2) eliminate games with free aiming. (fps/most tps etc) I've used a mouse since the invention of the genre so aiming with a joystick feels fucking retarded
3) eliminate motion games because they are all shit
4) look at what is left, see if I'm excited about playing any of it.

1-3 leaves what?
A bunch of Japanese games of various genres, Sony first party games of various genres, and Forza for Microsoft.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
rrr_img_28247.png
I'm sold, brobox it is.

Cor_sl

shitlord
It's not been a good news day for Microsoft today, unfortunately.

First up, some video footage turned up on Wired's Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifa9Q7ATfVA) showing the Xbox One's UI in action, and it isn't anywhere as smooth as it looked in Microsoft's presentation. The obvious conclusion to draw is that the presentation was faked. Still, they've got 4-6 months 'til release; that should, hopefully, be enough time to smooth things out.

The second piece of news is a little worse. According to a number of industry insiders on Neogaf (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576869), Microsoft's yields on its APU are proving to be quite terrible. Assuming the rumours are true (which they most likely are considering the track record of the people supplying them), Microsoft has three options:

- Delay the Xbox Ones release
- Reduce the clocks of the GPU and/or CPU
- Eat the losses and put out as many Xbox Ones as they can

The general consensus is that they'll choose the second option, which would be disappointing.

In a bit of brighter news, Twitch released some details about their E3 coverage, including a schedule of the games they'll be showing on their e3 channel. The schedule can be found on venturebeat (http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/05/tw...ectly-from-e3/), and it features the names of some unannounced games and plenty of 'TBA' games.

E3 is gonna be fun.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It's not been a good news day for Microsoft today, unfortunately.

First up, some video footage turned up on Wired's Youtube channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifa9Q7ATfVA) showing the Xbox One's UI in action, and it wasn't anywhere as smooth as it looked in Microsoft's presentation. The obvious conclusion to draw is that the presentation was faked. Still, they've got 4-6 months 'til release; that should, hopefully, be enough time to smooth out the issues.

The second piece of news is a little worse. According to a number of industry insiders on Neogaf (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576869), Microsoft's yields on its APU are proving to be quite terrible. Assuming the rumours are true (which they most likely are considering the track record of the people supplying the rumours), Microsoft has three options:

- Delay the Xbox Ones release
- Reduce the clocks of the GPU and/or CPU
- Eat the losses and put out as many Xbox Ones as they can

The general consensus is that they'll choose the second option, which would be disappointing.

In a bit of brighter news, Twitch released some details about their E3 coverage, including a schedule of the games they'll be showing. The list can be found on venturebeat (http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/05/tw...ectly-from-e3/), and it features the names of some unannounced games and plenty of 'TBA' games.

E3 is gonna be fun.
That looked pretty dam choppy, maybe its a different build? In any case, E3 will be the deciding factor so no point in making MS plot in the dirt any deeper, they will bury themselves if they dont deliver.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That choppiness does seem pretty inexcusable - but is there any chance it was just a recording issue? I know camera watching a TV secondarily like that video is sometimes makes it appear far choppier than reality.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That choppiness does seem pretty inexcusable - but is there any chance it was just a recording issue? I know camera watching a TV secondarily like that video is sometimes makes it appear far choppier than reality.
They are just likely not online and thus the cloud computing isnt giving its almighty power to the XB1.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
Planetside 2 confirmed on ps4? That's pretty cool!!!

If MS really is having build issues, I think delaying the launch wouldn't be too bad. I would think that having solid hardware and not being supply constrained would be better than lowering the clocks.

If they really do rush it out the door I don't see it ending well.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_28327.jpg

also from the neogaf thread:

Mods, you can remove "rumor" from the title. ESRAM yields are "troubling", to put it lightly.

This is factual truth.

Btw, you won't hear tech talk at MS' conference. And the tech cannot change at this point. They're stuck with it.

MS rushed, they were caught off guard by Sony, due to a failure in leadership.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I guess we shouldn't be surprised that Microsoft's trend of releasing half ass and half baked products continues.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems pretty obvious. They'll still have their E3 Press Conference (airing onSpikeTV), but canceling the roundtable afterwards means they don't have to answer any of the questions everyone wants answers to. It lets them control the message and ignore the issues with the hopes that all the hype will drown out the negativity.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That choppy wired footage was recorded before the announcement presentation even took place. They had an entire writeup and videos about the Xbox One online that same day, which obviously means they got insider access to it ahead of time. It's not a new video at all.