The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Cor_sl

shitlord
$499 w/ 6% sales tax (PA) is only $528.94

Still not even close to the $620 rate that UK is going to pay.
Taking into tax into account, it works out to be about 10% extra for those of us in the UK, which is pretty standard for most electronics. Electronics, in general, cost more here than in the US.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Redoing math to come up with Sean's $667 figure.

Ok... $499 with 33.67% sales tax gives you $667.

That's a HUGE increase over the $529 I would have to pay. 27.67% or $138. I'm sure that some of it is a cargo fee, but still. That's a massive increase.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
We'll see how much this Xbone rage actually translates to money lost. I'll believe it when I see it, and I hope that microsoft has some troubles when it comes to policies and ideas that I think are bullshit but I don't have high hopes for the bulk of consumers to have a self righteous stance if they have the 500 bucks to spend on a console. That whole idea of a 2 year subscription purchase method at 300 base +15x2yrs is what 660 bucks for the console before taxes of any kind.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah.

If you remove the 20% tax we get charged over here, it works out to be $555, or thereabouts.
Heh, 667 is 108 dollars more than the highest tax rate in the US, part of Arizona with 11.75%, which puts it at about 559. I think the average tax rate, if you get taxed at all, would put it around 530ish in the US.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
*shrug* Sony's arrogance off the success of PS2 certainly translated into money lost

Cor_sl

shitlord
Heh, 667 is 108 dollars more than the highest tax rate in the US, part of Arizona with 11.75%, which puts it at about 559.
It's pretty standard for all electronics over here. We pay extra for everything; smartphones, tablets, televisions, mp3 players, computer hardware, audio equipment, cameras, etc. - it's all priced higher than in the States.

If you take tax out of the equation, Microsoft is 'only' charging 10% extra in the UK, which is a pretty standard markup for electronics goods.