The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Omg Peggle 2? What the fuck is Peggle and why should I give a shit? I bet your stupid jumping fist bump seemed less faggy when you had your tard coworkers to applaud for you

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
TBH I have no idea why anyone would want to buy the new consoles at launch, everything that looked interesting is coming in spring 2014 and you won't be buying promises in a box by then.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Lol

rrr_img_30261.jpg

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Heh, 667 is 108 dollars more than the highest tax rate in the US, part of Arizona with 11.75%, which puts it at about 559. I think the average tax rate, if you get taxed at all, would put it around 530ish in the US.
Looking at the average price that has gone on the webpages here in Sweden tonight after the release of the price, its going for $834.34 with current currency rate (The cheapest I could find, shop not totaly trusted, is $713 (4698 swedish crowns)). Yeah, that wont happen. Can build a decent gaming PC for that kind of money.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
*shrug* Sony's arrogance off the success of PS2 certainly translated into money lost
Different time, I agree it should hurt them, Xbox Live has a very ingrained community compared to any console generation/system before, and the PSN really isn't the quality of XBL (yet). I'm curious how many people want to give up their "gamer" tag. Once one friend buys the console the others will cave. We'll see just how many will actually go elsewhere.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Not only that but when you take currency values into account Europeans get really fucked. Its not just taxes and the amount charged. Any US company selling something there will make an extra 20-25% just by taking Euros. Which is part of the reason for region locks.

Malkav

French Madman
The sounds guys at E3 this year need to be fired.

First the sound problems at the MS conference, and now you hear a guy mumbling and coughing during the EA conference.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
At this point , dont care for Dragon Age and that did not change my mind about it. Too bad and so long Bioware , you were great once.
Yeah I'll wait to see the game, and they apparently didn't feel like showing the game, just CGI stuff that wasn't even that good looking(animations and characters looked "off"). No contest compared to the Witcher 3 trailer which had tons of gameplay in it.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
TBH I have no idea why anyone would want to buy the new consoles at launch, everything that looked interesting is coming in spring 2014 and you won't be buying promises in a box by then.
Yeah, for the most part all I'm seeing is the same old shit with slightly better IQ. Especially the AAA stuff... The only thing that looks halfway inventive is Titanfall, and even then it's just more of an evolution and combination of different IP's and not so much real innovation.

I'm not real excited by the idea of dropping 500 bucks on more of the same.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
The sounds guys at E3 this year need to be fired.

First the sound problems at the MS conference, and now you hear a guy mumbling and coughing during the EA conference.
On the up side of things, we are spared bad music and embarrassing talk from people with bad public speaking skills!
biggrin.png

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah I'll wait to see the game, and they apparently didn't feel like showing the game, just CGI stuff that wasn't even that good looking(animations and characters looked "off"). No contest compared to the Witcher 3 trailer which had tons of gameplay in it.
So now we know why Morrigan wasn't in Dragon Age 2. She was off having extensive plastic surgery.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The price is disappointing, but Killer Instinct = must buy. The two free games a month thing will probably get me resubbed to XBLG, too. I have to admit, if Sony shows some impressive launch titles, I'll probably be getting a PS4 first. Especially if they launch it at $399.