The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I like it for what it is, and considering the launch line up is pretty bare on both systems it doesnt really matter. I have AC, Lego, and KZ - as well as what was free for PS+ (Resogun and Contrast?). The UI is slick and operates quickly, but its still boring/bland blue and i dont see the functionality to change the background like you could in PS3.

I did however mess around with the streaming capabilities and thats actually pretty fun, but im sure il do it much more on my xbox when it arrives so long as its just as simple as the ps4's functionality.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
AC4 Stream is up on Twitch. The player playing it has both versions for Xbox 360 and one for PS4 - says there is no noticable difference what so ever. Which then leads to the question how much was Van Ord over at Gamespot paid to fill his readers full of horseshit.

Repins_sl

shitlord
The last one I check is the Launch Edition and to my shock they have stock. I add an extra controller and I am done for the evening. Being delivered next Tuesday. The stock was up for a while.

I do the same with Black Friday.. Why go out with all the riff raff when you can sit on your ass and get the same shit online if you aren't a dumbass.
Yeah got it with Saturday shipping for 12.99 and no tax. Cheaper than in store and with zero of the hassle. I wonder if the same thing will happen with the Xbox.

Phaenos_sl

shitlord
Didn't pre-order mainly because I'm not interested in any of the launch titles. Never really intended to pick one up until March of 2014 at the earliest anyway. That said, I am going to check out Costco when it opens today to see if I can get their bundle. Picking it up with basically a free controller is appealing to me even if it's just going to sit in the box for a few months.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All our Walmarts say in stock on the website but are out of stock in store. The guy said sometimes it takes 3 days to update the online status -_- what's the fucking point of it then?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
WalMart electronics departments are always staffed by some 80 year old blue-haired woman who probably can't even set the clock on her microwave.

Never call WalMart. They make Best Buy employees look like Rhodes Scholars.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
AC4 Stream is up on Twitch. The player playing it has both versions for Xbox 360 and one for PS4 - says there is no noticable difference what so ever. Which then leads to the question how much was Van Ord over at Gamespot paid to fill his readers full of horseshit.
Its already been established its pretty miss able stuff besides the flora interaction, better waves and a handful of bumps more on faces are easy to overlook if they're not running side by side. Running twitch on MY PHONE with AC4 PS3 on my TV in similar scenes the Twitch is looking better when I focus on stuff like water and flora interactions.

Focusing on Kenway like you'd need to while playing, I'm suddenly blind to those differences that were obvious otherwise.

I think honestly its an issue with recent graphic improvement - it's reached the point where in the moment the appreciable difference is basically nil, and you've got to be sitting behind NOT PLAYING to appreciate the improvements.

(I.e. your Madden comments mirror this a bit if you really think about it)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So is anyone buying a ps4 for their kids for christmas, wrapping it up in christmas gift wrapping paper and then giving it to their kids tonight? lol.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
nah I bought them ipads last year and gave them to them early (like right around Thanksgiving) and that was their christmas last year.

This year they got 3ds and games and clothes and that shits going under a christmas tree goddammit

Save the ps4 buying for kids for next year when there's some games they'll be able to play on it.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
nah I bought them ipads last year and gave them to them early (like right around Thanksgiving) and that was their christmas last year.
LOL that is exactly what we are doing this year because we are traveling during that timeframe a lot so we bought them both iPad Mini's and some iTunes gift cards.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Get them terraria and minecraft and you can just forget having to watch after them ever again.

those two games are literally the only things they play anymore.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Definitely Tuco. Ever since he got fat, he is not to be trusted.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Well the system is very responsive. Its a breeze to navigate the menu as opposed to the noticeable lag or downright slowness of launching applications on the Xbox or PS3. I like the controller much more than the dualshock 3 but less than the 360 controller.

Played some Knack and while it is a very pretty game it doesn't really scream next gen. Sure the graphics of all his little orbiting relics would probably cause the ps3 to meltdown but you could replace that with just a single body and have the same gameplay. I cant escape the feeling that I'm playing Ratchet and Clank...

Had a slight problem with linking the PS Vita to the ps4. There was noticeable lag and doing so while also downloading things caused the entire system to freak out and lose all networking capability until I rebooted it.

spronk

FPS noob
last year I got my son a home gym and fitbit, this year my wife says he really wants a signed jay cutler football (i have no fucking idea who that is except I heard the name on the league) and apparently he is really into soccer.

I don't know where I went wrong - I tried to be a good dad and play Wii with him, showed him how to collect all the stars in super mario land, and let him keep a bit of the gold he farmed in wow for me but something somewhere went wrong, and now I have a jock for a son
frown.png