The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
In the future there will be a lot of great games to play. Right now, nothing. If you are looking to experience something like Killzone Shadow Fall, you can grab a cheap version of Crysis 2 and basically see the same thing. Especially if you have a PC that will run it. Personally, I am looking forward more to 2015. Destiny could be good. I am interested to see what the new Uncharted will be like, but they need to change it up. Uncharted 2 was the best by far, and 3 was stale. God of War 3 being one of the best by far, ascension was very weak. Really the first party titles will be great. But those are a long ways out.

Edit: I just agreed with Gaige. What is the world coming too.
I generally don't purchase a system until there are a half-dozen exclusive games worth purchasing. I think I ended up getting my 360 maybe a year after release, about the same on PS3 I think. I wonder if either new system will meet that criteria by the end of 2014 this time around

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Mines not coming till Tuesday with Amazon, i'm actually glad that I will be getting it a little bit late. Most problems should be flushed out by then I would think.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
/shrug I must have bad eyes then. At least to me it's not such a night and day difference that it looks like a different game as Sean seems to imply. Also I don't have an 80, just a 65
frown.png
That being said, I'm sure the vast majority of us are gaming on TVs more in the 40-55 inch range than anyone is on 70-80" TVs. So most of us aren't going to notice the difference at normal viewing distances(typical living/family room setup)

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
/shrug I must have bad eyes then. At least to me it's not such a night and day difference that it looks like a different game as Sean seems to imply. Also I don't have an 80, just a 65
frown.png
No, you are actually just confusing yourself. Your larger tv has a higher resolution, that's why your smaller tv at a lower resolution can match it. You said things backwards.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I generally don't purchase a system until there are a half-dozen exclusive games worth purchasing. I think I ended up getting my 360 maybe a year after release, about the same on PS3 I think. I wonder if either new system will meet that criteria by the end of 2014 this time around
I didn't purchase a X360 until Blue Dragon was coming out. I think I purchased a PS3 when Metal Gear Solid came out.

But, it's been waaaaaaaaaaay the fuck too long since new consoles have come out and this generation is way long in the tooth. So as Pachter said, it's time to get a fucking new console. Plus, I don't use my PC to play anything but MMOs and play all multiplatform games on my consoles so it's a big upgrade regardless, even if there's not a lot of major games yet beyond those. PS4 Vs. PS3/X360 games look undeniably better for Multiplatform unless you areblind, so it's a good buy for me.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I didn't purchase a X360 until Blue Dragon was coming out. I think I purchased a PS3 when Metal Gear Solid came out.

But, it's been waaaaaaaaaaay the fuck too long since new consoles have come out and this generation is way long in the tooth. So as Pachter said, it's time to get a fucking new console. Plus, I don't use my PC to play anything but MMOs and play all multiplatform games on my consoles so it's a big upgrade regardless, even if there's not a lot of major games yet beyond those. PS4 Vs. PS3/X360 games look undeniably better for Multiplatform unless you areblind, so it's a good buy for me.
I might be waiting a long time this time around for 6 great games that aren't also available on PC. I play everything on PC if there's a PC option. Basically I'm going to be waiting on 1st party titles. I can't hardly think of any 3rd party companies that don't also do a PC version of large releases(short of rockstar randomly not doing Red Dead, or something odd like that)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ut, just stick with saying you hate it and that it's a piece of shit,, any facts you want to post that you can back up with links that Sean can't say you are making up please feel free to post as well. If you can't back it up with a link with the information then don't post it or else Sean will probably shaw you for no good reason.

Make my job easier and only post what you can back up with links. Thank you.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

I bought the MGS bundle when it came out for PS3, $600 well spent. Then I bought a slim for $300. Bought a single 360 that rrod'ed in a couple months and never looked back.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I might be waiting a long time this time around for 6 great games that aren't also available on PC. I play everything on PC if there's a PC option. Basically I'm going to be waiting on 1st party titles. I can't hardly think of any 3rd party companies that don't also do a PC version of large releases(short of rockstar randomly not doing Red Dead, or something odd like that)
There's quite a few third party games that are console only depending on the genres you're into. There's a *lot* of RPGs, big and small, that are console only (and often PlayStation only). It's mostly Japanese developers though, I can't think of a Western dev that does it besides Rockstar.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I think I purchased a PS3 when Metal Gear Solid came out.
You didn't get a PS3 through that website that a bunch of used back on FOH? The one where you signed up for 10 offers or whatever and got a free PS3? That's how I got my original fat 60gb PS3. My house got robbed a few years ago and it got stolen. I've since replaced it with a slim PS3 when Ni No Kuni came out.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that's backwards as Sean said

The window for seeing the difference from 720p to 900p on a 40" TV is like 6-12 inches difference in distance. The window on a 80" TV would be like 4-5 feet.
Who has a 40" TV in this day and age though? Christ - my KITCHEN TV that is getting ready to go to the dumpster Black Friday is a 40"... Our real TV's start at 51" minimum.... and I'm a bargain shopper when it comes to TVs...

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Honestly it's not even just how they look. Most PS3 games nowadays have constant slow downs.

Hell, I was playing Madden 25 this morning while I wait for UPS and it is almost unbearable navigating the menus.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The branch of Rockstar that did Red Dead never releases their games on PCs. The last one was like Midnight Club or something. So it wasn't really random, people just don't know that that division never ports their titles to PC.

Sean_sl

shitlord
You didn't get a PS3 through that website that a bunch of used back on FOH? The one where you signed up for 10 offers or whatever and got a free PS3? That's how I got my original fat 60gb PS3. My house got robbed a few years ago and it got stolen. I've since replaced it with a slim PS3 when Ni No Kuni came out.
Nope. I bought a used 60GB original model off ebay around the time MGS came out. I don't think I paid that much for it, less than $300 I think.

It caught fire a couple years later. The shitty Sony CS actually charged me $150 to replace it. Still have the big fat replacement PS3 and it'll likely remain hooked up for at least another 2 years.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Who has a 40" TV in this day and age though? Christ - my KITCHEN TV that is getting ready to go to the dumpster Black Friday is a 40"... Our real TV's start at 51" minimum.... and I'm a bargain shopper when it comes to TVs...
You are going to dumpster a tv because it's 40"? Is there anything wrong with it?

Sean_sl

shitlord
Honestly it's not even just how they look. Most PS3 games nowadays have constant slow downs.

Hell, I was playing Madden 25 this morning while I wait for UPS and it is almost unbearable navigating the menus.
Yeah, the framerate on most X360 and PS3 games these days is pretty ass. The PS3 PSN Store is also definitely the most god awful slow thing to navigate ever. How the fuck hard is it to make a store front that doesn't run at 5 fps? Seriously.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The fat PS3's are the best due to still having backwards compatibility.

I have a fat 80 gig that came with Motostorm. I still break out random PS1 disc games to play on it when I'm completely bored.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You are going to dumpster a tv because it's 40"? Is there anything wrong with it?
Well "dumpster" is probably actually putting on Craigslist for $50 - but nope, just dated, terrible picture by today's standards and heavy. (Got a move coming soonish, possibly in the 2k mile range)

It's like a 2007 I want to say, LG - good TV for the time, just old and dated now. And it's replacement might well be something more kitchen friendly anyhow, misplaced the tablet in the house and frankly I'd love to have a tablet back for recipes and such - and the 70" is perfectly visible from the kitchen so a TV is redundant outside of some rare kitchen gaming when I drag stuff out because I know I'm doing something that I have to babysit for hours.