The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have the 50 inch with out the gay 3D shit I would absolutely never use. I watch football and pretty much any kind of tv show. Never had a burn in issue. The tv even has a white wash function for IR. Many dumb people mistake IR for burn in also.

velk

Trakanon Raider
It is a google nexus tablet running some apps to control stuff. One is called Touchsquid and that controls lighting and the receiver, another is the official xbmc remote,
I found the official xmbc remote app to be terrible - have you checked out yatse ? I liked that one a lot better.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked Constellation the most, it might be iOS only though.
Constellation looks awesome, but I couldn't find it for Android. I took a look at Yatse but it was about a year ago I was putting the control scheme together and I think Yatse has come a long way since then. If I really cared to get hardcore into the control stuff I would pay the money and go with IRule, it is the most comprehensive controller app, but I think it also costs $100 or more.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yatse for Android is the best one I have used. I keep an iPad sitting on the couch with constellation for the wife and she loves it.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I'll just say that I've had a 42" Panasonic plasma for about 6 years. Played countless games on it, including stuff like Madden with stationary imagery, and never had any burn in at all. Recently upgraded to a 60" Panasonic plasma, could never go with LCD/LED. The image quality is just better, the motion is better, everything is better. Obviously there's no way to know for sure but I'd be willing to bet that 90%+ of the complaints you see on forums about plasma burn in are from people that don't actually own a plasma and are just trying to create drama because they bought an LCD/LED and want the world to agree that they made the right choice.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'll just say that I've had a 42" Panasonic plasma for about 6 years. Played countless games on it, including stuff like Madden with stationary imagery, and never had any burn in at all. Recently upgraded to a 60" Panasonic plasma, could never go with LCD/LED. The image quality is just better, the motion is better, everything is better. Obviously there's no way to know for sure but I'd be willing to bet that 90%+ of the complaints you see on forums about plasma burn in are from people that don't actually own a plasma and are just trying to create drama because they bought an LCD/LED and want the world to agree that they made the right choice.
I have a 50 inch panasonic plasma and a 49inch lg LED and everyone says the LED looks better. Got the LED last year and the plasma about 3 years ago.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have a 50 inch panasonic plasma and a 49inch lg LED and everyone says the LED looks better. Got the LED last year and the plasma about 3 years ago.
In my experience thepublicgenerally regards brighter, more saturated TV's to be "better." It's only when you start talking to A/V nerds on forums that you get into black level debates and how to enter your TV's service mode to tweak color settings like the pros.

Sean_sl

shitlord
In my experience thepublicgenerally regards brighter, more saturated TV's to be "better." It's only when you start talking to A/V nerds on forums that you get into black level debates and how to enter your TV's service mode to tweak color settings like the pros.
Sadly true, that's why retail TV are all set to Torch Mode and the primary reason why LCDs sell more. Your average consumer wouldn't know color accuracy and quality if it bit them in the ass.

Also what the fuck is your avatar? Some changed yours and Ut's and I have no idea what they're from.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Bear in mind he's comparing a 3 year old tv to a 1 year old one, one would expect the newer tv to look better.

The argument is stupid most of the time. A high end plasma will look better than a low end LED and vice versa. Anecdotal experience is usually pointless.

Plasmas generally outperform at similar pricepoints with the condition that they don't do great in well-lit rooms/have issues with glare.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well i doubt any LED will reach the black levels of like a kuro but i havent had any regrets with my current LED.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-35118094.html

I actually have 3 LEDs and 1 plasma with plasma being my first. I can't really place why, but i dont really prefer them to LED - i also happen to be one of those few oddballs who loves having trumotion enables for what some consider "weird" picture viewing.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The thing that bothers me most about plasmas is the double image you can get when looking at an angle because of the glass. Don't know if new sets alleviate that.

At the end of the day, if you have a current TV, it's probably pretty nice regardless of the type you've gone with. I have zero complaints about my LG 47LW5600 and people generally comment about how good it looks.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
The thing that bothers me most about plasmas is the double image you can get when looking at an angle because of the glass. Don't know if new sets alleviate that.
I'm not sure what you are talking about here, Plasmas have always had better viewing angles than their counterparts.

I think you had a really crappy plasma.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You don't understand what I'm talking about. It's an issue on plasma sets that use two panes of glass, they reflect and if you look from too much of an angle you see a double image. It is known.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The average consumer reads about 100 hour initial burn in slides also and cringes. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Yeah, that's nonsense and totally unnecessary. Running slides for 100 hours doesn't have anything to do with burn in. Those slides are used to "age" the TV a specific amount to use pre-made Calibration settings in the hopes of getting a similar result. It does not break-in the TV, prevent burn-in (which has long been a non-issue), or anything else. They are purely to try to get a similar calibration result without having to spend 250-350 dollars on a professional calibrator.

However, every TV is different and even with doing that you'll never get an identical result, it's just to try to get a similar one without spending money.