The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
It's great man. Enjoying your Free games with plus? Lmao
Yep
smile.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are we supposed to hate Farcry Primal? I've heard nothing but positive things, for the most part. I got bored to tears about 3/4 of the way into FC3. Not really interested since then.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Are we supposed to hate Farcry Primal? I've heard nothing but positive things, for the most part. I got bored to tears about 3/4 of the way into FC3. Not really interested since then.
It's great but it's a farcry game. I'm enjoying it more then the last 2 but I still loved them.

P.s. It's still no Blood Dragon but alas nothing ever will be.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yes you are.

1) It is a reskin of FC4 at full price.
2) No new innovations
3) Story line is horrid
4) No funny/psycho antagonist.
5) No weapons aside from bow and arrow and spears and knives
6) Features cut with flying vehicles (Aside from an owl you can control kinda)
7) Rideable mounts that miracously control just like a jeep

What you are seeing Soygen is a lot of viral hype, and Regime who buys and plays everything and thinks it all rocks regardless. Yet I never see him online ever playing anything.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I dunno i thought primal looked ok and i was bored with the others pretty quickly. Killing beasts with spears seems more exciting than just another shooter.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I dunno i thought primal looked ok and i was bored with the others pretty quickly. Killing beasts with spears seems more exciting than just another shooter.
Not really. Especially after throwing 6 of them and the beasts still do not fall, and around hour 5 you are still chucking spears and then you are doing it over and over and over and over again without any other options to kill people aside from sending in your bear. The lack of choice weaponry (They could have made a dozen other options for 10k BC ish, but you really just have a spear, bow and arrow, knife) gets VERY old with a lack of variety when you are forced to take over bonfire #483.

At least with FC3 and 4 you had jump puzzles for the radio towers, you had multiple weapon types and tons of variety when going into a camp.

I'll be going through Far Cry 4 after I finish Fallout 4 and Witcher 3. I'll play that instead for the Far Cry fix.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Yeah i can see that, i will play it if it comes bundled with a video card or something. Sounds like it really should have been sold like blood dragon.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Anyone use a XIM4? I recently bought the xbox elite controller, and while it feels amazing i couldnt get over the fact you cant bind 2 buttons to 1 with the mapping. It just urked me to no end so i took it back and ordered a XIM4 which i likely should have gotten a while ago since i generally end up playing more FPS on the console than PC nowadays. Curious how troublesome it will be to set up for various games.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It is pretty easy and straight forward. The app let's you switch profiles on the fly and there are pre existing profiles for most games + you can customize.

Column_sl

shitlord
I just ordered the Vita modification that gives you two shoulder buttons, and two triggers for the vita 1000.

I'll review it when I get it.

51LOrQs1EnL._SL1000_.jpg
I just got this in so quick review

First thing I'm using the orginal fat Vita, and this is the new case for it that just came out.

Can't really comment on the slim version of this case because it is diffrent.

Pros:

Easly the best case that makes a Vita a controller out here.

Super light, well made. Hides the start/select button so you don't hit them accidently.

Extra 2 buttons on the back work flawlessly, and the best part is your hands will never hit the backside of that Vita again.

Cons

Price , paid 45 to ship it from Japan, and that's a tad high for something for a Vita, but it's worth the money if you like remote play.

Have to give it a 5/5

Fadaar

That guy
Xim works great and super easy to setup, just make sure to keep a smartphone or tablet handy to setup profiles for games.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I just got this in so quick review

First thing I'm using the orginal fat Vita, and this is the new case for it that just came out.

Can't really comment on the slim version of this case because it is diffrent.

Pros:

Easly the best case that makes a Vita a controller out here.

Super light, well made. Hides the start/select button so you don't hit them accidently.

Extra 2 buttons on the back work flawlessly, and the best part is your hands will never hit the backside of that Vita again.

Cons

Price , paid 45 to ship it from Japan, and that's a tad high for something for a Vita, but it's worth the money if you like remote play.

Have to give it a 5/5
So a Vita accessory with a $45 markup? You sure there isn't a Sony logo on it?

tongue.png

Cases like that and the general position of the Vita and the lack of a less expensive streaming-focused device seems like such a missed opportunity this gen.

Loosely related, looks like Sony stopped manufacturing the PSTV. Vita performance in Japan probably keep the handheld itself going for a while though I'd think.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Column, how do the triggers work? Do they have some pad that touches the back plate?

Gator

Molten Core Raider
That case looks like the thing I need to really get me to use my vita. Good to know it works!

Gator

Molten Core Raider
PS4 3.50 update Beta noteshttp://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...ures-detailed/

New Social Features
~Friend Online Notification - Want to know the moment your friends come online? With this update, you can, as we've added an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network. (Finally, I don't know why this wasn't in from the beginning)
~Appear Offline - Sometimes you want to play a game or watch a movie without being bothered by friends. Now it's easier to go incognito as we've added the option to appear offline. You can designate if you would like to appear offline when you log-in or at any time from your Profile or the Quick Menu. (Nice)
~User Scheduled Event - Time for a play date! We've added the ability to schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When your event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party so you can start playing right away.
~Play Together - This features allows all members of a Party to see what each person is playing so that you can easily join a friend's game, or start a new game together.

Other New System Features
~Remote Play(PC/Mac) - We're bringing PS4 Remote Play to Windows PC and Mac. This feature won't be available to test in the beta, but you can look forward to it soon. (Interesting!)
~Dailymotion - With this update, you'll be able to live stream directly to Dailymotion on PS4. We'll also support archiving live broadcasts, like we do for other streaming services.