The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
So I'm finally ditching my PS3 in favor of a PS4. Going to be picking up the Destiny bundle and pre-ordering the Nathan Drake Collection. My father is going to let me borrow his copy of Last of Us Remastered and I'll probably get a used copy of the Infamous game but for the life of me I can't decide on another game or two to pick up. I've looked around on the internet plenty but what do you guys think are the top 5 or 6 games to start with? Preferably no pixel art shit. I'm so tired of that stuff.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Oh man I do not have the patience for Bloodborne. I fully admit that. lol I've tried Demon/Dark Souls and I'm just too much of a pussy for those games.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
So I'm finally ditching my PS3 in favor of a PS4. Going to be picking up the Destiny bundle and pre-ordering the Nathan Drake Collection. My father is going to let me borrow his copy of Last of Us Remastered and I'll probably get a used copy of the Infamous game but for the life of me I can't decide on another game or two to pick up. I've looked around on the internet plenty but what do you guys think are the top 5 or 6 games to start with? Preferably no pixel art shit. I'm so tired of that stuff.
Rocket League
Dying Light
The Witcher 3
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
Super Mega Baseball

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Sweet thanks for the list. I totally forgot about Shadows of Mordor. I'll definitely check that one out when I find it on sale. GTA 5 I played on PS3 and I'd like to give the PC version a try. That Super Mega Baseball looks fun as hell. Didn't know that even existed.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If you're gonna recommend that at least post a picture of it

rrr_img_109938.jpg

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I was checking videos out of that and there's no way I could get into that game. lol

Dying Light looks really cool. I think I'll scope out the used racks and grab a couple games on top of Destiny. I really can't wait for the Uncharted collection and Uncharted 4. And why isn't there an Uncharted movie staring Nathan Fillion? He is so perfect for the role damn it!

spronk

FPS noob
i'd recommend bloodborne, i don't like dark souls AT ALL but i loved bloodborne and plat'd the game. and i have the reactions of a 90 year old man, so if i can finish the game anyone can. you can wait though, the xpac was just announced so maybe there will be a GOTY version

i love gta5 on ps4, its really fun in multiplayer. driveclub is currenty $20 on sale for PS+ members including season pass, its a good driving game if you are into that. witcher 3 is obviously GOTY contender so definitely that.

i wouldn't go nuts on getting too much, just something like Destiny and MGS5 will suck up 100% of your gaming time. maybe renting something like until dawn for some casual time with friends/family. Diablo 3 was on sale for $28 on PSN dunno if it still is.

also get a PS+ sub, you need it for multiplayer and the 2-3 games they throw in per month for free (indie crap 99.9% of the time) are sometimes fun.

rocket league is one of the awesomest little indie games and you can just play it over and over (multiplayer). i'd wait for sales on other games, PSN runs flash sales all the time. for xample I picked up the entire telltale games collection for $35 this spring, it is a lot of pretty awesome story telling for $35

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was checking videos out of that and there's no way I could get into that game. lol
Can't be worse than Destiny turned out though!

I'd second buying at a steep discount or renting Dying Light, Shadow of Mordor, and DA:I, and I'd add Arkham Knight and Mad Max to that list as well. The Witcher 3 is great too, but I wouldn't touch it on console unless your PC absolutely cannot run it. (I had both versions running side by side and it's almost like playing a Bethesda game on a console.) You should at least try Bloodborne even if you didn't get into Demon's/Dark Souls. It's a very different experience. Until Dawn is a must-play if you like survival horror and games like Heavy Rain. I bought it, but unless you really want to support the genre a rental is all you need. Same can be said about The Order 1886 as well, except that I wouldn't even consider buying that. If you just like horror but not QTE-heavy games like Heavy Rain, there's still Alien Isolation and Resident Evil Revelations 2.

And then there's Metal Gear Solid 5, which should easily end up GOTY for 2015. Even (especially?) if you're like me and hated MGS4 it's a fantastic game.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
And then there's Metal Gear Solid 5, which should easily end up GOTY for 2015. Even (especially?) if you're like me and hated MGS4 it's a fantastic game.
I loved MGS4, I had played all the other games though so really enjoyed the story, as well as I don't mind cut scenes at all. Grew up with the FMW games of the 90s and enjoyed them too (like the Tex Murphy games, Phantasmagoria, The Ripper, Harvester, and so on).

MGS 5 surpass it in every way though (except story so far, but I am only on mission 16). Unless something amazing comes out in the later part of the year, not sure what will contend with MGS5 for GOTY.

I think MGS5 and The Witcher 3 will win most categories they are nominated in for any award this year, with MGS 5 winning in the categories they are both nominated. Bloodborne might edge out The Witcher in action adventure if that is a category. Bloodborne is miles beyond in pure gameplay, but the production value of The Witcher in terms of story, dialog and script are beyond anything I have played this year. Wouldn't surprise me if you put the cut scenes from the dialog from the Witcher 3 together it would equal the LOTR trilogy in content.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My PC can handle any game currently out no problem. Mostly interested in console exclusives. Should have mentioned that.
Ah. Well then that leaves:
Bloodborne
Arkham Knight (PC version still unplayable)
Until Dawn
The Order 1886 (rental)

All the other stuff mentioned is just as good or better on PC, and probably cheaper too unless you're going to rent it.