The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Less screen door effect on the PSVR (in the event you can't look past it or whatever, I know some people have issues) and the PSVR has a much better fit and feel on your head. I wish I played more than just Eve, it's an example of the biggest problem w/ the gen 1 HMDs and that's resolution. Just felt like it got kinda muddy. Will have to go back and try some of the more stylized 'made for PSVR' games since, Eve could have suffered from being ported to PS4 too, I hadn't played it at all before and by apples-to-oranges comparison thought Elite: Dangerous looked great on my Vive.

Considering the bundled hardware and software, twice the price isn't really accurate, unless you're already invested in move controllers and the PS4 eye.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
That seems really limiting. I wondered how they'd avoid any occlusion issues with a single camera, if the vast majority just aren't the using Move controllers it's a problem they might not have to fix (if it exists).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Shit VR Rez, that's pretty hype. No clips of VR Ace Combat though is sad. Last I read it is still supposedly a launch title.

spronk

FPS noob
gameplay from one of the missions from Modern Warfare remastered. never played the origs so no clue if its good or bad, but reaction seems good so far. If you pre order the $80 or $100 infinite digital versions, you will get modern warfare in early October. I love playing COD for just brainless team deathmatch "i wanna kill shit" time, so I already preordered the $100 game + season pass on PS4. I wouldn't play on PC though, the community tends to die off super fast since so many alternative FPS on PC whereas all the MLG/etc tourneys are run on PS4

new DLC maps for black ops 3 are out this week too on PS4, I played a few hours and had fun. The viking/snow map is really fun. The new zombies map is pretty insane too, not sure if anyone has cleared it yet with all easter eggs. Mechanically they seem crazy, the stuff you have to do seems harder than old wow raids

Apparently Move controllers are not needed. Sony just released a statement that said all games were required to be compatible with the DS4.
They changed their statement, some games will require move
Sony reverses statement, says not all PlayStation VR games will support gamepad | The Verge

Job Simulator for example will require TWO move controllers (one per hand) similar to touch/etc. I think it'll just be a game by game basis, since I don't really have interest in room scale games I probably will stick with my basic PSVR and not own any move controllers and skip games that require them. Move controllers are cheap anyways so if a game comes out that looks awesome and needs 1-2, I'll buy it then.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
That's good, because Job Simulator is a good example of a game that would really suck w/ a DS4.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The PlayStation VR trailer I linked earlier was for a Japanese commercial. The "anime singer" is probably just for the Japanese market. She's a HUGE character over there. It started off as a fluke, and became enormous. That group sells out arenas using that hologram technology.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Thinking about getting an X-Box 1. I know a new version is coming out in August, so is it worth getting the new version or just stick with the current one?

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Get the current one if you don't have 4k and don't care about the size, some really nice deals that will only get better. Hoping to snag a new one and a 4k TV this fall.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That seems really limiting. I wondered how they'd avoid any occlusion issues with a single camera, if the vast majority just aren't the using Move controllers it's a problem they might not have to fix (if it exists).
The ps4 controller has a light on it specifically so Move controllers are not required with the PS Eye. The PSVR will still be able to tell where your hands are by the position of the controller.

Szlia

I believe the accelerometers in the Move are better than those in the Dual Shock 4? Also I believe most people have 2 hands!

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Think we're done with the ps4, and if MS gets EA to ever participate in the Play Anywhere program I'd probably be done with consoles in general for a bit. Likely trade bait for a One S.