The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Still waiting for more publishers to copy the EA Access route, and hopefully Play Anywhere also.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I think were gonna get another refresh on the PS4 to let it keep up with, xbxbxbxbxbxb but they might be working on a PS5 therorizing the hardware would be about all there doing right now. The nice thing though sense both are using x86 arch now, they can basically flip-flop between Intel/AMD all they want. Prepare for the CPU wars again..

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everyone knew PS4 would be compatible going forward, that's why the big HD remakes push happened when it did.

spronk

FPS noob
xbox getting X enhancements for a few BC games today including RDR

Red Dead Redemption
Gears of War 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Darksiders
Sonic Generations
Portal 2

600 meg update for RDR, i've been meaning to play it for a while before RDR 2 so this is even better. RDR in 4k:

bc7f332b-64e6-4ad0-bdd8-daea9123c267.PNG

ac791980-116d-4e2a-8d37-9667d2ea6f63.PNG

Also Gears of War 2 DLC is now free, look at the update

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

Red Dead Redemption
Gears of War 2
Darksiders
Sonic Generations
Portal 2

600 meg update for RDR, i've been meaning to play it for a while before RDR 2 so this is even better. RDR in 4k:

This was an awesome surprise to come home to last night! Though I'll be honest, RDR looked really good for a last gen game already. I'm really enjoying my Xbox One X.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Red Dead Redemption
Gears of War 2
Darksiders
Sonic Generations
Portal 2

Damn you!

Been trying to say no to this thing. RDR in 4K. Blah! I have an original Xbox one and an Xbox one s to trade in I suppose.

Damn it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so looks like GameStop will give me 140 for my Xbox one S 500gb and another 140 for my original Xbox one sitting in my closet. So I can upgrade for 200 and change. If Soygen Soygen likes it, it can’t be that bad.

Is that a good trade deal? Pretty sure it is for the vanilla Xbox One, Xbox One S not sure. I only paid $249 for it... hah.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok so looks like GameStop will give me 140 for my Xbox one S 500gb and another 140 for my original Xbox one sitting in my closet. So I can upgrade for 200 and change. If Soygen Soygen likes it, it can’t be that bad.

Is that a good trade deal? Pretty sure it is for the vanilla Xbox One, Xbox One S not sure. I only paid $249 for it... hah.

I'm really enjoying mine, too. Can't really be disputed at this point that Sony has thoroughly thrashed it - last year's back-to-back-to-back-to-back Nioh-Persona-Nier-Horizon sealed it for me, and 2018 looks to be every bit as brutal - but the power differential between the Pro and the X has provided a really nice multiplat niche for me, especially while I wait for video card prices to go down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm a PS fanboy and it still has, by far, the best first-party games. But the Xbox Gamepass, along with a 4k HDR bluray player swayed me to snag a One X. It's very nice hardware.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah that’s what is getting me. Game pass, and power for third party. With a hope Microsoft starts getting in the first party game and making it relevant again.

DrSpooge

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh yeah, forgot about the pass. That thing's awesome. Was especially happy to get the first Bayonetta for free so I'd know whethet or not to spend 60 on the sequel on the Switch.

spronk

FPS noob
when you get gamepass only sub for a month or two, randomly they will flip the price to $5/mo - 50% off - and then you can add like 3 years for that price ($60/yr). I did that, its back up to $10/mo to extend for me but i'm good till like 2021

and yeah between Forza Horizon 4 expected to be announced at E3 (probably holiday release) and multiplats working great on xbox its a great little second machine especially if you didn't play many ps3/360 games, you get to go back and enjoy some of the greats in extremely high fidelity

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user