The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I dont need a 4K tv to enjoy the pro?

Nope. I had a pro on my old 32" 720p tv before I bought a 4k set earlier this year. You will still get better performance and I think it will do supersampling on all games even if they don't have pro features built in.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Alright, well now I just need to convince myself that I need a PlayStation then. (Again, I’m a cheap bastard when it comes to spending money on myself)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
But then I’m buying red dead on the xbone. Is it worth the extra money for this one game to get it now?

I wouldn't unless you're interested in the PS exclusives like GoW, HZD, Spider-man, Tsushima et al and think you'd actually buy them. Also, you'll have a 4k TV sooner or later if you plan on buying one anytime soon as it's not like you can find a decent TV that isn't 4k at this point. Just be honest with yourself and tally up what you'd think you'd spend on the whole experience (console AND games), and figure out whether or not it's worth it. If you want to play the games, but aren't in a rush to do so, waiting until next gen and buying all used is another option.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I’d like to play GoW and Spider-Man but my game time is somewhat limited and Red Dead is going to keep me occupied for at least the rest of the year.

I guess it makes more sense to just wait for next gen at that point?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah I’d like to play GoW and Spider-Man but my game time is somewhat limited and Red Dead is going to keep me occupied for at least the rest of the year.

I guess it makes more sense to just wait for next gen at that point?

For sure. You could easily buy a copy for the PS4 by the time you got one, or trade in your xbox copy towards it. Or hell, maybe PS5 will have full backwards compatibility and you could play it on one of those. Consider in your choice that you're currently worrying about wasting a couple dozen bucks to the point of considering purchasing something for several hundred, which is usually a sign of bad decision making, or that you've been wanting one bad enough that it's leaking into your choices without realizing it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, I suppose I’ll just wait a year and get the next gen system and make sure it’s a PS since it’s their exclusives I’m all hot and bothered about. (Mostly MLB The Show)

spronk

FPS noob
If $400 isnt' a big deal I'd spend it on the Pro and get RDR2 on that. I posted somewhere in the RDR thread but basically RDR 2 will run full 1080p on the PS4 Pro, but run at UNDER 900p on the stock xbox one/S. I think thats a massive difference. It will run the best on the X but it doesn't really make any sense to go from xbox to X unless there is a crazy good trade deal. And if you are only going to be playing 1 game for the next 3-4 months, and if money isn't that huge a deal, may as well play it in the best way you can, right? Then you'll also have a nifty backup set of games to play if you get a little bored or want some variety, whereas there really isn't much on the Xbox that I'd say is a MUST PLAY other than FH3/FH4/Halo MCC. PS5 is probably at least 18 months out, they are just now talking to devs about what it may be so specs aren't even close to finalized and its always 1 year to go from final design to just factories running at full steam.

The best deal of course will be around BF but right now you can buy the PS4 Pro with RDR 2 bundled for $399 total, there will probably be a decent deal when its released on 10/26 (same day as RDR 2) and you are saving that $60 you'd spend on the game.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I’m partially colorblind and can’t tell the difference really between 1080 and 900 so while that’s huge for some I guess it’s not for me.

And there’s a bunch of pros for sale around me at local game stores for $275 so if I did it it would be that way.

Just on the fence about it for now I guess.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Just the other exclusive PS4 games are worth it once you are done with RDR2. Some of the best games in the last few years are PS4 exclusive

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If anyone is interested in checking out PS Now since they added the downloading, the free trial has apparently reset for those that had used it before. I tried RDR (not available for downloading) and it felt like complete ass. Unsure if that's the service or the game itself though.

spronk

FPS noob
Bloodborne, TLOU, Spider-Man, God of War, Yakuza 0 (also on PC tho), Uncharted 1-4, Until Dawn, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Persona 5 make it a no brainer for $275+ plus Kingdom Hearts III, Days Gone, Ghosts of Tsushima, Death Stranding (lulz), and TLOU 2 in 2019 with probably more announcements at E3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users