The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Fedor

<Banned>
Thanks. I'd been eyeing both Horizon: Zero Dawn and the Nathan Drake Collection as well. Trying to stay all digital, but for those prices, may have to just go with the physical copies instead.

your new ps4 comes with a 20% psn coupon

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
there is always another PSN sale that happens on christmas day for a week, anything you don't find on sale this week i'd just wait until then. Uncharted, Horizon Zero Dawn, TLOU, Bloodborne, etc go on sale ALL the time on the PSN store

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I think I'm going to have to just buy a copy of HZD:Complete if they don't put the damn DLC on sale. I refuse to pay full price for DLC, even if it's at a lowered price from release.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i nnoticed something odd with my new pro. I bought Bloodborne ages ago, bought the old hunters also. I traded it in to gamestop maybe a year ago and Dled it when it went on PS plus. It worked fine, old hunters and all.

I just reupped the ps plus 1 year thing (sadly the 20% off psn coupon with a new ps4 seems to not work with it). But i find i can no longer DL Bloodborne despite having gotten it off PS plus. Same thing for Until Dawn, another game i really enjoyed and wanted to try it on the pro. Is there any way to fix this issue?

I think I'm going to have to just buy a copy of HZD:Complete if they don't put the damn DLC on sale. I refuse to pay full price for DLC, even if it's at a lowered price from release.

I bought the compete for 9.99 today at GS, really no reason not to grab it at that price even if you just want the DLC, it comes with a buncha other miscellaneous extras also..

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
So i nnoticed something odd with my new pro. I bought Bloodborne ages ago, bought the old hunters also. I traded it in to gamestop maybe a year ago and Dled it when it went on PS plus. It worked fine, old hunters and all.

I just reupped the ps plus 1 year thing (sadly the 20% off psn coupon with a new ps4 seems to not work with it). But i find i can no longer DL Bloodborne despite having gotten it off PS plus. Same thing for Until Dawn, another game i really enjoyed and wanted to try it on the pro. Is there any way to fix this issue?

I bought the compete for 9.99 today at GS, really no reason not to grab it at that price even if you just want the DLC, it comes with a buncha other miscellaneous extras also..

You might have too call Sony too get this fixed(sounds like an account scramble problem), try factory reseting the PS4 before calling though(it just might be slightly confused)

Ratama

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone got experience with SSDs in their PS4?

More specifically, I recent bought a PS4 Pro, and am wondering if its worthwhile to switch out the harddisk with an SSD, for quicker load times.

Been eyeing a Crucial MX 1TB, if that matters!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

More specifically, I recent bought a PS4 Pro, and am wondering if its worthwhile to switch out the harddisk with an SSD, for quicker load times.

Samsung 860 1tb on sale for $130 or something like that for Black Friday. Samsung is better than Crucial.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider

I tried using an SSD with my original model ps4 and I noticed it definitely does did not cut the loading times anywhere near what you would expect by switching to an SSD on a computer. Simply switching from the base to the Pro gives a considerable, nearly as good boost imo.

This article says pretty much the same thing although it seems to really depend on the game with some games having basically identical load times with the pro 1tb vs SSD and others giving a 50% bonus. Is it worth upgrading PS4 Pro with an SSD?

Personally, I would not be able to say it's worth the investment given how expensive a 1tb SSD, plus your already getting much fo the loading advantage by just upgrading the pro.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There seems to be some deals available to trade in old PS4's for a Slim + Spider-Man for a good price at Gamestop/EB games. $80 in Canada, Unsure about the US deal. Definitely a good deal if you want Spider-Man

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
There seems to be some deals available to trade in old PS4's for a Slim + Spider-Man for a good price at Gamestop/EB games. $80 in Canada, Unsure about the US deal. Definitely a good deal if you want Spider-Man

I got 175 for my old 5000gb ps4 a few days ago from GS with the initial idea to get the spiderman bundle in a few days but I wound up just grabbing the pro instead. They lowered the trade in value but it's still 165 now but it's still almost a no-brainer if you are still using an older ps4 you get a new 1tb slim model + Spiderman for like 50 bucks after tax.

Crone

I got 175 for my old 5000gb ps4 a few days ago from GS with the initial idea to get the spiderman bundle in a few days but I wound up just grabbing the pro instead. They lowered the trade in value but it's still 165 now but it's still almost a no-brainer if you are still using an older ps4 you get a new 1tb slim model + Spiderman for like 50 bucks after tax.
Will have to check what they are offering for a 1tb slim model trade in.

spronk

FPS noob
Gamestop TIV for a ps4 1tb slim is currently $160 ($150 for a 500gb reg ps4) BUT you get a $25 extra credit boost from now until 12/2. However, if you are planning on doing the swap I'd go TODAY, they will probably drop trade values since its a bit insane they will give you $185 for a ps4 slim, and you can turn around and buy a new PS4 1TB slim for $199 that comes with spider man. You can check if the store near you has stock of spiderman 1TB ps4 slim (click view stores to see which stores around you have it in stock)
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-1tb-marvels-spider-man-bundle/169461

Its $199 this entire week, no extra deals on black friday itself, so its just a matter of getting to one before they sell out. Its also $199 at best buy, target, walmart, etc but gamestop is the only one that'll give you a high TIV if you bring in your old ps4/xb1.

Crone

2 days ago I finally got PS+ back. Is there anything I have to do specifically to get my saved games up into the Cloud or does it start that upload right away?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Gamestop TIV for a ps4 1tb slim is currently $160 ($150 for a 500gb reg ps4) BUT you get a $25 extra credit boost from now until 12/2. However, if you are planning on doing the swap I'd go TODAY, they will probably drop trade values since its a bit insane they will give you $185 for a ps4 slim, and you can turn around and buy a new PS4 1TB slim for $199 that comes with spider man. You can check if the store near you has stock of spiderman 1TB ps4 slim (click view stores to see which stores around you have it in stock)
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-1tb-marvels-spider-man-bundle/169461

Its $199 this entire week, no extra deals on black friday itself, so its just a matter of getting to one before they sell out. Its also $199 at best buy, target, walmart, etc but gamestop is the only one that'll give you a high TIV if you bring in your old ps4/xb1.
What are the benefits of the slim over a launch PS4? Aside from storage increase are there other benefits?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Doing the trade-in will get you a fresh system that's under warranty, which is probably the main advantage
That's one of my main factors for considering it honestly. I can't have my sound system out with two little kids so loss of optical port doesn't matter to me. I run it wired so wireless I don't care about, although j heard it has improved antennas. Newer Bluetooth 4.0 but I don't know what that really means.

I probably should just do it.

I don't have a 4k tv or plan on buying one any time soon either.

Vorph

Warranty is definitely the best reason to swap, that's what got me to upgrade to a Pro even before getting a 4K TV.

Only other notable stuff besides the bigger HD (still only SATA II though) is it's smaller/lighter/quieter, has real buttons instead of that annoying touch shit, and if you're stuck using wifi you'd get to move up to 5GHz instead of the archaic 2.4GHz trash in the old models. On the off chance you're using the optical audio output on your current PS4, be aware that the Slim and Pro removed that port entirely.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Warranty is definitely the best reason to swap, that's what got me to upgrade to a Pro even before getting a 4K TV.

Only other notable stuff besides the bigger HD (still only SATA II though) is it's smaller/lighter/quieter, has real buttons instead of that annoying touch shit, and if you're stuck using wifi you'd get to move up to 5GHz instead of the archaic 2.4GHz trash in the old models. On the off chance you're using the optical audio output on your current PS4, be aware that the Slim and Pro removed that port entirely.
Yeah and I do want a 4k tv but I'm waiting a bit because I was an idiot and bought a 1080p set right before 4k exploded.

I have gigabit internet so I ditched wireless and actually wired my house for it for optimal speeds. Although... The PS4 doesn't really take advantage of it

Vorph

Yeah, in my experience PSN caps out around 200-250Mbps, well short of my actual internet speed. It was more like 50-60 not that long ago though, so at least they are getting better. Even if it can't fully take advantage of a high end wired network, it's still far better than wireless.

• 1Like