The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Here is how that service really works:

1) See new EA game coming out.
2) Know it's going to be a steaming pile of shit.
3) Enter viral - hype phase
4) Pretty Trailers
5) You know better. Why are you watching them.
6) Get baited in a bit.
7) Get 10 hour trial of the game for 5 bucks.
7.5) Slap yourself in the face due to 5.
8) Delete game off hard drive.
9) Cancel service.
10 Repeat step 1 when the next announcement of a AAA game comes.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just pay $30 for the year, get that much value out of the vault titles and everything else is a bonus. That's how I treat Premier ($99) on PC for the most part.

EA Access is good for being compulsive and having gaming ADD. I can play all the new stuff, and I end up spending less because I don't make it through the trial. Then when I get the itch I can dive into the 'be a pro' mode of titles like NHL19 either briefly at release or indefinitely when they're added to the vault 8-9 months later.

Typically only after spending 10 hours with a game do I have to consider making a purchase, and usually I don't get that far.

Last edited:

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
So Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy remake footage and some forgettable titles in between. :|

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
A copy/paste from the deal website I check regularly. I'm Might be helpful for some of the Xbox people around:

There is a really hot deal right now for members of the Xbox Insider Program that are beta level or above.

They are currently testing the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate which combines a GamePass Subscription & an Xbox Live gold Subscription into one subscription.

If you have an existing XBLG or Gamepass subscription you can combine them for only 1$.

The trick here is that if you currently have either Xbox Live gold or Gamepass it will add up all the months (ie. 6 months of XBLG + 4 months of Xbox game pass = 10 months of Xbox Gamepass Ultimate) for only a dollar.

I had just added two years of XBLG to my account so because of this I was able to get 2 years of gamepass for basically 1$.

The only caveat being is it maxes out at 3 years (in hindsight I would have added another year of XBLG to get 3 years of gamepass/XBLG)

To take advantage of this offer just open up the Xbox Insider app on your Xbox and under "insider content" there is an option for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate go through that and it will take you through to the store page that has the offer.

It will say 1$/month, but if you go through and pay the money it will combine your current subscriptions and your current subscription end date will be a combination of how many months of XBLG you have + how many months of gamepass you have.

spronk

FPS noob
i did it last week, on my xbox i installed "xbox insider" from the store then ran it and enrolled in Delta program (less often firmware updates). That took about 20 minutes to download and update the OS.

After that went right from the dashboard to Game Pass tab, enrolled in Game Pass Ultimate for $1, got an error message, but looking at my subs it successfully combined my GWG (gold) and Game Pass which each had ~1-1.5 years and now my Ultimate expires in Jan 2022. The max you can have is 3 years/36 months or May 2022, not sure what happens if you have more than 36 months combined.

Its totally worth doing for anyone, because it'll charge you $1/mo for ultimate right now, even better if you already have gold/gamepass since it'll roll it all up into one sub.

It is beta but the latest update fixed most of the bugs I think, before people weren't able to go online, download GWG games, etc but all that seems fixed for now. I think the only maybe bugs are that you can't add gold/GP sub codes to your account for now, but since you are being charged only $1/mo for it its better to hold those codes I'd imagine anyways. If you do have some codes to redeem, I'd redeem them first THEN enroll in ultimate so it combines it all up.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So... it has a SSD? Seems it was only about the loading times which are much faster, but just having a SSD would do that(well a SSD with a non shitty SATA bus like they have on the PS4 Pro and especially on the PS4 so it's not throttled). With SSD prices nowadays that's not very surprising and it'd be really weird for a new console to not have them considering how much of a "performance" increase it is, but more realistically in terms of quality of life for players to not have to wait 25secs for a loading screen. I fucking hated playing games on my PS4 for that reason, everything's so fucking slow.

spronk

FPS noob
Interesting rumor that the Navi GPU for consoles will be exclusive to Sony:

Navi-class GPU for the console market are exclusive to Sony since they were developed together with AMD.
Google Stadia and Microsoft will use GPU based on Vega technology.
In particular, Xbox Next will use a GPU codename Arcturus, which is not post Navi but the latest revision of the Vega family.
The performance difference between the PS5 and Stadia/Xbox Next is remarkable, which is why Microsoft is desperately trying to push the operating frequency to the maximum limit to try to recover some TFlos, but there are overheating problems mistakenly reported as a defect of the Navi series. If these problems are not solved in time, it is likely that CPU/GPU/RAM frequencies will be drastically reduced.

If it turns out to be true Microsoft could have shot themselves hard in the foot before even playing the game and why Sony seems to be pretty smug about next gen, everything would look way better on PS5 than anything Microsoft puts out

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So... it has a SSD? Seems it was only about the loading times which are much faster, but just having a SSD would do that(well a SSD with a non shitty SATA bus like they have on the PS4 Pro and especially on the PS4 so it's not throttled). With SSD prices nowadays that's not very surprising and it'd be really weird for a new console to not have them considering how much of a "performance" increase it is, but more realistically in terms of quality of life for players to not have to wait 25secs for a loading screen. I fucking hated playing games on my PS4 for that reason, everything's so fucking slow.
Why the fuck they went SATA2 for PS4 launch was one of my biggest questions.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Look, some of us are born with high RPMs and some aren't. It's just the way it is.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Sony's hardware was undoubtedly worse this era. Nice to see rumors of their marked improvements.

Another console generation where you only need a PlayStation. :cool: