The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
8k at 30FPS ... *eyeroll*

RT has it's uses but there just basically adding in what they think they need til the next console generation after this *shrug* That's how I see it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’m glad we have the pcfags to constantly remind us that their PC, which has a video card that alone costs more than twice the console, has better capabilities

• 2Picard
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I’m glad we have the pcfags to constantly remind us that their PC, which has a video card that alone costs more than twice the console, has better capabilities
It's more like pcfags know how much of a joke raytracing is on their 1000 dollar plus cards, so hearing MS say they'll have it along with 8k makes their eyes roll.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
If I just want to dick around with Game Pass on console for a while, can anyone think of a reason I should get an Xbone X over an S? S seems pretty cheap these days. I ran out and bought a PS4 Pro the day it came out and honestly didn't notice much a difference from my original fatty PS4.

The difference between an X and a S is huge if you play any games. A ton of games render at 720-900p on an S and at 1080-4k on an X. The S is fantastic as a streaming device and UHD player but if you are gonna play games definitely get an X, and its good for at LEAST 12 months now.

The bonus is the X has FANTASTIC deals all the time, like 30-50% off it feels like once a month at least. Right now if you have a Meijer store near you, they have a coupon for $100 off in their app PLUS you get a free game so for $299 you get an X plus a free game. Sadly Meijer is only in a few locations, I think Seattle and pacific NW?

If you're a military vet or have family who served its $299 in AAFES no taxes
Xbox One X 1tb Veteran's Day Playerunknown's Battleground Bundle | Xbox One Consoles | Father's Day Shop | Shop The Exchange

Barring that prob best other deal now is at Costco instore or online you can get an X + FH4 + 3 months gamepass for $340
https://www.costco.com/Xbox-One-X-1TB-Forza-Bundle-with-3-Month-Game-Pass.product.100460584.html

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If you have the means to get an X you get the X. Very much worth it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And yet still not capable of 8k gaming or raytracing above 1080

I mean many games on the X can be played in 4k 30FPS right now and a few 60 FPS 4k.

the 8k thing is a gimmick to sell but it’ll be a powerful console.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

That's not what I'm saying at all. There is no hardware that can manage these things, let alone within a console price point.

It's misleading marketing that is almost outright lying.

If you want to see this as some "pcfag" thing then instead of calling them out for it, then you deserve it.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The reason why they're even talking about 8K is that the console will be able to accept and output 8k signals, which does matter when it comes to things like Netflix and so on (At least when they actually make some 8K content) which technically means it's an 8k console. The issue with this is that the console will not be capable of 8K gaming outside of very graphically limited games, but people are going to be buying into the 8K marketing gimmick same as they are with 4K now and think that they're buying something they're not.

Raytracing is at least half a decade away from being refined enough to become standard, let alone with hardware that can't power through the lack of those refinements.

It's fine to not care about these things, but at least do yourself the favour of going into a purchase with your eyes open.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
MS just launched improvements to gamertags. Up to 200 languages now and they support duplicates. If you want to change your name and it's already taken you get a discord/battlenet-style #number after your name. The original gamertag will have no # after it and this is all optional, nobody has to change anything.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
8k is a gimmick flat out, just like Ray Tracing is right now over all,

Them saying the console can do 8k(Now remember 8k is currently Locked at 30FPS cause of really bad frame tearing when you go above that), ya I got the cure for cancer also, it's a bull shit marketing gimmick end of fucking story.

I've worked on some RT stuff, it's powerful and still waiting on Navi kits(too see what tricks AMD are adding too it), but it's looking like it might be 8~ish(about) months till it is actually fully matured enough.. nVidia has been working on it non-stop sense release, it's getting old waiting for servers too come up after new firmware updates..

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Costco Members: 12-Month PlayStation Plus Membership $35.99 + Digital Delivery

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Thinking of selling my X,
With my PS4 Pro, Switch and PC, the X just does not get used.

I like my PSN and would rather play a game on that eco system if its a cross platform release.
I thought i would by more Xbox games but no, i just always buy the PS4 version as i like that eco system more. I hate to say it, I also enjoy leveling up my PSN account trophy wise and dont really want to split them. I also have no Friends on my X so that is another factor.

Oh well. time to liqudate while it still has value.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I feel like if you have a PC you just don't need an xbox anymore. My xbox is just hooked up tp my bedroom tv so I can watch Netflix and shit.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Thinking of selling my X,
With my PS4 Pro, Switch and PC, the X just does not get used.

I like my PSN and would rather play a game on that eco system if its a cross platform release.
I thought i would by more Xbox games but no, i just always buy the PS4 version as i like that eco system more. I hate to say it, I also enjoy leveling up my PSN account trophy wise and dont really want to split them. I also have no Friends on my X so that is another factor.

Oh well. time to liqudate while it still has value.

Yeah only reason why I have the X right now is Dolby Vision and Atmos for streaming and the 4k player. I keep trying to play games on it. Going to try Exodus more tonight. And playing Apex I have met a LOT of fun people to play more games with. Between Rocket League, Dead by Daylight, and Apex, my friends list on PS4 keeps growing more and more everyday with cool people. And I only have a few (Very few like... 4) that I would play games with.