The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Xbox S all digital white with 3 games bundle (minecraft, fortnite, thieves something) - is it worth getting one or is it super amputated? Is on sale for 100 eurocucks. Have a ps4pro.

Ruhl

Boner Donor
Unless you want to play the MS exclusives that aren't on PC then no, you're not missing anything special by not owning one

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
X1S is pretty much a 4k bluray that can play indie games. I don't see the point of the SAD model at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Thought a lot about the same thing, because I've already got Ultimate Gamepass for 3 years, and I'm sure my kids could get some use out of a console. But with the PS4, Switch, phones, and tablets and TV, there is god awful plenty of shit for them to do.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Thought a lot about the same thing, because I've already got Ultimate Gamepass for 3 years, and I'm sure my kids could get some use out of a console. But with the PS4, Switch, phones, and tablets and TV, there is god awful plenty of shit for them to do.

I would just wait it out for a Series X.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Picked up a switch with Mario Odyssey, breath of the wild, and Minecraft. What essential rpg or just great switch games in general do I need?

Thinking XC2?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Smash is a must. I've heard a lot of good things about Astral Chain. Dark Souls if you never played that in the past.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm a dark souls fanboy. Wife got me this for xmas, I kind of want it but also don't want to break the joycons.

Not a smash fan from older generations though
Screenshot_20191225-161247.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Link's Awakening is a pretty good remake if you are into Zelda. Some like Octopath Traveler, but it's not crazy popular/good from what I hear. Decent enough I suppose if you like JRPG.

Diablo 3 on the Switch is neat to take Diablo mobile, if that's your use case at all. Basically in my house hold Smash Bros and Breath of the Wild were the 2 games played the most. We have plenty more but didn't see near the same amount of playtime.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Picked up a switch with Mario Odyssey, breath of the wild, and Minecraft. What essential rpg or just great switch games in general do I need?

Thinking XC2?

Mario Kart (Even though it's the same maps mostly from every other Mario Kart)

XC2 was alright. Not nearly as good as the original XC - a remastered version of this comes out next year.

Other than that RPG's, unless you want to play on the shitter which there is a huge market for I guess, are better played on more powerful home consoles or PC because the under powered switch does not do it justice. Even JRPG's are fat better off on PS Pro / PS4 - Xbox One. 4k/HDR support and since the world graphical outlay means so much to exploration, the fact games like Witcher 3 or Skyrim even came out for that thing astounds me. BUt to each their own if they all eat a lot of Taco Bell and end up with the shits for hours on and can't get off the pot so it's the only way they can play without shitting themselves on a Couch.

Animal Crossing comes out in March. Where you can do the same damn thing you did with the other 4 Animal Crossings with the exact same art assets and get raped for 60.

Crone

Mario Kart (Even though it's the same maps mostly from every other Mario Kart)

XC2 was alright. Not nearly as good as the original XC - a remastered version of this comes out next year.

Other than that RPG's, unless you want to play on the shitter which there is a huge market for I guess, are better played on more powerful home consoles or PC because the under powered switch does not do it justice. Even JRPG's are fat better off on PS Pro / PS4 - Xbox One. 4k/HDR support and since the world graphical outlay means so much to exploration, the fact games like Witcher 3 or Skyrim even came out for that thing astounds me. BUt to each their own if they all eat a lot of Taco Bell and end up with the shits for hours on and can't get off the pot so it's the only way they can play without shitting themselves on a Couch.

Animal Crossing comes out in March. Where you can do the same damn thing you did with the other 4 Animal Crossings with the exact same art assets and get raped for 60.
Yea, was just in Gamestop last night picking up a cheap $25 knock off Xbox controller, and so I was looking at Switch games to try and take advantage of their Buy 2 Get 2 Free sale going on right now on used games. It's fucking nuts. Nintendo has created this eco system where shit never goes on sale, and stays expensive. Gamestop takes full advantage of it as well. Breath of the Wild? Still $60. Used? $55. Same for most any of the titles from Nintendo. It's nuts.

• 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, was just in Gamestop last night picking up a cheap $25 knock off Xbox controller, and so I was looking at Switch games to try and take advantage of their Buy 2 Get 2 Free sale going on right now on used games. It's fucking nuts. Nintendo has created this eco system where shit never goes on sale, and stays expensive. Gamestop takes full advantage of it as well. Breath of the Wild? Still $60. Used? $55. Same for most any of the titles from Nintendo. It's nuts.

I took full advantage of Best Buy GCU and just checked the app each week for Switch game sales - bought all the games at a price drop plus GCU discount. Only game I never saw discounted was Smash Bros. - used a 25% off coupon and $5 reward to grab it.

But yeah, they do love to add “deluxe” or “ultimate” to a dusted off port and sell it for $60.

Crone

I took full advantage of Best Buy GCU and just checked the app each week for Switch game sales - bought all the games at a price drop plus GCU discount. Only game I never saw discounted was Smash Bros. - used a 25% off coupon and $5 reward to grab it.

But yeah, they do love to add “deluxe” or “ultimate” to a dusted off port and sell it for $60.
Missed out on renewing my gcu back when they had it available still so mine ran out a while ago. :(