The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Shrug i enjoyed it, new Fable is should be pretty fun on it.

Halo, i need to see more of and MP Tetris where it looks like you may get to fuck with your competition seems fun too.

Someone go back and count the number of games they showed starring black chicks, it has to be at least half.

This is what youre concerned about....

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really sucked that so many of the interesting games had zero gameplay. WH: Darktide / PSO3 and maybe Avowed looked interesting.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I have zero faith in them being able to make a Fable game that isn’t shit. Assuming it isn’t just outright cancelled before release

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I only caught half the show, but it seems just like the same old same old with MS relying on the same freaking IP's. Nothing to match IP's like GOW and the other Sony IP's. I'm sure all the interesting stuff was at the beginning of the show though.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Still no price and release date. Microsoft and Sony are really playing a long game of chicken with each other not setting a date and price.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Only caught the end of the show; I'll have to go back and see the beginning of the show. But hey, Fable's not dead, which is neat. And the Medium looks pretty cool.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It should always matter when a company either doesn't understand their customers or doesn't care. Especially when we've been told how impor'ant it is for women and people of color and every special minority ever to have role models that look like them. If we believe that is true, that kids need heroes and role models that look like them, then what is being signalled by a company that blatantly over represents a specific image. Is the target audience for these games now black women? Is the customer base clamoring for more representation of black women? Or is it a situation where a company is just virtue signalling or worse pushing a specific agenda, and how are those efforts helping them make better games?

I think we can all agree that ideally nobody would be focusing on race or gender. Yet here we are. Can't play games without obvious a agendas and pandering, which again, are helping make better games now exactly?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
People getting bent out of shape on gender/race/wokeness tend to be a) the racists/bigots b) the purple haired deerkin type folk who are both sides of the same coin of useless cunts.

Rational normal people don't give a shit or have a second thought about the agendas, the representation, the role models, the targeted audience in their video games. They will buy them if they are good and won't if they are bad and trying to go beyond that is a waste of time and energy if you're not a fucking retard.

• 5Pathetic
  • 2Faggotry
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 8 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's cheaper to pander than make a decent game. Therefore, if you see pandering bullshit in the first footage for a game you can expect it's shit.

Noting that more companies are pumping out shit and wanting to avoid them in the future is smart business.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
It should always matter when a company either doesn't understand their customers or doesn't care. Especially when we've been told how impor'ant it is for women and people of color and every special minority ever to have role models that look like them. If we believe that is true, that kids need heroes and role models that look like them, then what is being signalled by a company that blatantly over represents a specific image. Is the target audience for these games now black women? Is the customer base clamoring for more representation of black women? Or is it a situation where a company is just virtue signalling or worse pushing a specific agenda, and how are those efforts helping them make better games?

I think we can all agree that ideally nobody would be focusing on race or gender. Yet here we are. Can't play games without obvious a agendas and pandering, which again, are helping make better games now exactly?

It doesn't matter what color you are. Everyone gets called the n bomb equally when they kill me

• 2Worf

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Only caught the end of the show; I'll have to go back and see the beginning of the show. But hey, Fable's not dead, which is neat. And the Medium looks pretty cool.
Okay, having now actually seen the beginning of the show, I'll toss in some additional thoughts:

Don't know if the 40k game is going to be anything I'm interested in playing, but it's nice to see Warhammer continuing to establish itself in the video game space.

Everwild has a nice looking art style. It'd be nice to have a vague hint as to even the genre.

Avowed. The Elder Pillars: Skyrim of Eternity? Sure, why not? Although if Obsidian's going to continue doing Bethesda-style games, and now that they have Microsoft bux behind the development, could we get a 1st person/3rd person camera toggle this time? God I hate dedicated 1st person in games, especially RPGS.

Still think the Medium was the most intriguing thing they showed off.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
People getting bent out of shape on gender/race/wokeness tend to be a) the racists/bigots b) the purple haired deerkin type folk who are both sides of the same coin of useless cunts.

Rational normal people don't give a shit or have a second thought about the agendas, the representation, the role models, the targeted audience in their video games. They will buy them if they are good and won't if they are bad and trying to go beyond that is a waste of time and energy if you're not a fucking retard.

People making an observation about a highly visible decision a company made that was in part designed to be observed = bent out of shape?

Noticing a companies branding decisions that are designed to be noticed is now racist!

Rational people don't give a shit about agendas being forced through their video games?

Holy shit I was willing to just have a banal conversation about the marketing and business of video games, but you're a fucking moron. At least have a better argument then claiming rational people are the ones who don't think twice about agendas being pushed in video games.

Please for the sake of humanity ask your wife and her boyfriend to not have kids.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

It's the rational people who are concerned with what sorts of social programming video game developers are using their medium to push and the effects that it will have on their children and future generations.

The people who "don't give a shit" are the people who are too hopelessly addicted to getting the next dopamine from their vidya games and whose life would have no meaning if they had to step away from their Xboxes and Playstations. And let's not kid ourselves, this describes you to a T.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
If your initial go to/latch for the quality of an upcoming video game or someones business is how many colored folk and women are in them then you're a racist and/or misogynist.

I get that's hard to see if you wake up every morning feeling insecure and victimized by the world and if you need to talk I'll take some time out without judgement for you to vent.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users