The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
FYI just because they stop supporting/selling XP doesn't mean 8 suddenly sold more copies than it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
FYI just because they stop supporting/selling XP doesn't mean 8 suddenly sold more copies than it.
Yep, the corporate world will go to win 7 when they have to ditch xp, not win 8. Besides new computers, other consumers won't switch over.

Fuya_sl

shitlord
Windows 8 handles two monitors like a champ. I could never go back to pre-windows 8 dual monitor setup. It is by far the best thing about windows 8 that keeps me using it even when I have moments of wanting to doubt the OS. You can even have different size monitors and windows 8 will go full screen on both with their primary resolutions along with a toolbar.

I never use that tile window though. Microsoft can get rid of the tiles next update and I wouldn't notice until I read it somewhere. Also, win+x does about everything that the start button did so I haven't missed it much even though it would be nice to have that fucking button back. Win+E brings up the computer... you know what, just hold down the windows key and hit shit on your keyboard. You will eventually get what you need even though it's the half-ass way of doing it.

I find Windows 8 to be that abusive girl friend that you just can't stand to be around, but god damn it she makes the best waffles and you love waffles.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well maybe if you learned to FUCK me better I wouldn't be so god damn abusive! PS - Your cock is small.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I don't know when the cut off is but the places I have looked at either have a stock pile or MS is still allowing licenses and I have several places bookmarked should I need to procure a copy of win7 as I refuse to switch to win8.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure that isn't true. My company is switching to windows 7 from XP over the next year. We actually still get new XP computers for new hires as well.
My company is also currently switching over to Windows 7 this next year.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Nah, aside from amazon, but to your point you can still get them from a lot of major websites as well.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't even think Win 7 has taken over XP, despite being a MUCH better OS.
From the link a whole 3 posts above yours...
rrr_img_43060.jpg

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Is gaige really shilling for windows 8? Jesus, the OS is a horrid mess.
What is wrong with 8? Other than the start menu, which I hardly ever use. I guess I don't understand how people spend so much time fucking around in the start menu. Everything else about 8 is just improved/tweaked from Windows 7.

Elerion

N00b
What is wrong with 8? Other than the start menu, which I hardly ever use. I guess I don't understand how people spend so much time fucking around in the start menu. Everything else about 8 is just improved/tweaked from Windows 7.
Other than the fact that "What's wrong with it aside from the #1 design change from Windows 7?" is a ludicrous question, here goes:
- When you click links or open files in the desktop view, the OS will frequently open them in the "tablet" view (full screen only, no visible way to close) instead of the desktop view.
- The tablet view programs appear to be separate processes from the desktop view programs, so you can frequently end up with two internet explorers or PDF readers or whatever (one in desktop, one in tablet) with different pages open on them and no logically easy way to switch between them.
- Moving your mouse to screen edges causes all sorts of unnecessary menus to pop up.
- Probably more shit, I haven't touched it in a year.

Most of this can be fixed by changing settings, and the start menu can be fixed by installing mods, but there's no excuse for the OS being a user unfriendly mess out of the box. I spent a day trying to fix that shit so my mom could use her new computer without being completely confused by everything that was happening.

I hear the backend is better than Windows 7, but the design changes are so mindblowingly stupid that I'm not switching until I have to.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
PS Vita TV
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/rele.../130909c_e.pdf

From the SCEJA conference, a device that lets you play Vita games on TV
Japanese launch is nov 14 2013
9,480 Yen ~$100 for the console
14,980 Yen ~$150 for the console + 8GB memory card and a white DS3
Accepts physical Vita cards
Plays PS1 and PSP games (digital)
PS4 remote play, can play Vita games through PS4, so yes also DualShock 4 support
You can remote play PS4 games through PS Vita TV on a tv in another room (!!)
**possibly even via internet as long as you have net connection??**

HDMI
AV output 720p, 1080i, 480p

Day 1 buy for me. I've got a Vita and will have a PS4. So being able to remote play PS4 in another room and/or play Vita via TV will be huge.

It's meh. The game selection just sucks for vita and if it plays vita games at native vita res on your tv, I honestly don't see the attraction. Unless I missed something.
Damn the music in this video gets me pumped! Release day can't get here soon enough!

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Sony needs to really support remote play this time because so far it's very lackluster and that's being generous. I guess it'll beat having to buy a second PS4 for another room though.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Oh well Deep Down interest is dwindling for now. I was hoping it would be DD2 but seems like it will be DD+AC which may sound awesome at first but il rather miss my talkative bots!