The Big Bad Console Thread - Sway your Station with an Xboner !

Cor_sl

shitlord
I have never played a KZ game, have the SP campaigns been worth $60?
Some people love them, some people hate them.

Killzone 2 had, in my opinion, the worst single player campaign of any FPS this generation, but others seemed to like it.

Wait for the reviews.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I thought the KZ 3 campaign to be pretty fun, more interesting than COD at least, but I got distracted and never finished it. Game would not be worth $60 just for single play, but I enjoyed multi a lot too.

Szlia

The strength of the Killzone franchise is its bleak 'WWII in space' feel and the quality of the visual design to support this atmosphere. As far as game design go, it's very generic weapons, no real genius in level design and a very heavy player character (personally I like how much we feel the presence of his body in the labored movement, but fans of twitchy gameplay loath this). This opinion is based on KZ1 and 2. Note that in KZ1's campaign you played three different characters that each had their play style - the sneaky, the solider, the traitor - but that was no longer the case in KZ2.

Column_sl

shitlord
That Killzone footage doesn't even look good, and that was the only game I was getting for Launch.

So disappointed with these consoles atm.

Elerion

N00b
The only things on that list I am remotely interested in are FIFA and AC. Both are cross generation, and AC I would usually not buy until it hits half price.

XBone just as bad, with the possible exception of Forza.

#botchedlaunches

Column_sl

shitlord
You would you shill...

2.5 years developing for ONE platform, and delivering graphics on par with last year PC's offerings with the most generic setting ever.
There is nothing amazing about that video.

I would cancel my pre order if I had any other games to get for it at launch. Its a 400 doorstop at this point.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
You would you shill...

2.5 years developing for ONE platform, and delivering graphics on par with last year PC's offerings with the most generic setting ever.
There is nothing amazing about that video.

I would cancel my pre order if I had any other games to get for it at launch. Its a 400 doorstop at this point.
In what world does that footage not look amazing? If that's the baseline of what I'm getting this generation on consoles (which it won't be), I'd be fucking ecstatic. I'm also pretty sure that even though they've been developing for about 2.5 years now, they probably only got final hardware in, what, the last 6-9 months or something? I'm entirely not familiar with their process, but I think I can be reasonably certain that they've been developing against a moving target for the majority of their development.

Also, who the hell buys consoles at launch for games anyway? You buy it because you want to be the first there, and pick up some decent looking games so you can show off to your friends or whatever. I don't think I've EVER seen a decent launch line-up to begin with anyway.

Column_sl

shitlord
Also, who the hell buys consoles at launch for games anyway?
People that fucking GAME

You buy it because you want to be the first there, and pick up some decent looking games so you can show off to your friends or whatever.
You are the reason that Consoles sucks ass now. If that's how you impress people you are a sad little nerd.
Fucking apologists need to burn in a fire.

Also Xbox launched with fucking HALO

Want to see how a true launch should be?? Lets go to the wiki shall we

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Sega_Dreamcast

Dreamcast

Sonic Adventure
AeroWings[4]
AirForce Delta[5]
Blue Stinger
Expendable
Flag to Flag
The House of the Dead 2
Hydro Thunder
Monaco Grand Prix
Mortal Kombat Gold
NFL 2K
NFL Blitz 2000
Pen Pen TriIcelon
Power Stone
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Soulcalibur
TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat
Tokyo Xtreme Racer
TrickStyle
PS2

Armored Core 2
DOA2: Hardcore
Dynasty Warriors 2
ESPN International Track & Field
ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
Eternal Ring
Evergrace
FantaVision
Gungriffon Blaze
Madden NFL 2001
Midnight Club: Street Racing
NHL 2001
Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
Q-Ball: Billiards Master
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
Ridge Racer V
Silent Scope
Smuggler's Run
Street Fighter EX3
Summoner
Surfing H3O
Swing Away Golf
Tekken Tag Tournament
TimeSplitters
Unreal Tournament
Wild Wild Racing
X-Squad
Xbox

U.S. launch: November 15, 2001

Halo: Combat Evolved
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Dead or Alive 3
Project Gotham Racing
NFL Fever 2002
AirForce Delta Storm
Mad Dash Racing
Cel Damage
Arctic Thunder
Fuzion Frenzy
Jet Set Radio Future (Japan launch)
Double S.T.E.A.L. (Japan launch)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X
TransWorld Surf
4x4 EVO 2
Shrek
Hell even Colecvison had a better showing then this next gen mess

ColecoVision[edit]
U.S. launch: August 1982

Carnival
Cosmic Avenger
Donkey Kong
Ken Uston's Blackjack/Poker
Lady Bug
Mouse Trap
Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle
Space Fury
Space Panic
Turbo
Venture
Zaxxon

Heckler_sl

shitlord
You are the reason that industry sucks ass. If that's how you impress people you are a sad little nerd.
Behave. I never even made the implication I personally would be buying at launch. In fact, I'll be waiting a couple of months, because I personally do care about games. Early adopters generally don't, is what I'm saying.

Zombie Thorne_sl

shitlord
I guess i am getting old and blind... I think the games on both consoles look pretty damn great, and unless i am looking at a direct side by side comparison i cant really tell much of a difference between XBone and PS4.

We have come a long way from Combat on the Atari 2600!

Column_sl

shitlord
Behave. I never even made the implication I personally would be buying at launch. In fact, I'll be waiting a couple of months, because I personally do care about games. Early adopters generally don't, is what I'm saying.
Which is Horse shit, if you look at the titles that launched with almost every console to date before this last generation.
Only the N64 had a poor showing, but they still came with motherfucking Mario64.

You ,and all you apologists have been ruing gaming forever. "OMG have you seen the new specs on the PS4 its so much better then XBOX"

Does it have any games???

Um no...whats games.

Elerion

N00b
People that fucking GAME

You are the reason that Consoles sucks ass now. If that's how you impress people you are a sad little nerd.
Fucking apologists need to burn in a fire.

Also Xbox launched with fucking HALO

Want to see how a true launch should be?? Lets go to the wiki shall we
While I completely agree with you that the launch lineup sucks, those are mostly pretty bad too. I can't speak to DC since I didn't own that, but both PS2 and Xbox are basically:

EA Sports game updates
Fighter game updates
An FPS
A forgettable racing game or two
Some remakes
Lots of mediocre games

With the sole exception of Halo, which turned out to revolutionize console FPS, those lineups don't look at all different from what we get today. Remakes, minor updates, racers and a flagship FPS or two. The biggest difference is that it isn't just EA Sports who releases games cross generation these days.

Column_sl

shitlord
You listed almost every genre in gaming except for RPGS.... which even those launch consoles have.

This Console launch has been an utter failure.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Clearly, objectively speaking, the PS4 has games. 4 of which are free to play, even.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Blacklight: Retribution
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Contrast
DC Universe Online
DiveKick
Escape Plan
FIFA 14
flOw
Flower
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Just Dance 2014
Killzone Shadow Fal
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
NFL 25
Minecraft
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Pinball Arcade
PlayRoom
Putty Squad
Resogun
Skylanders Swap Force
Sound Shapes (Cross-Buy)
Super Motherload
Tiny Brains
Warframe
War Thunder

As does the Xbox One, with this one arguably being the weaker one.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
FIFA 14
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Just Dance 2014
Killer Instinct
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
LocoCycle